Who Likes the Winter Olympics?

I don’t care much for most disciplines but I keep an eye on hockey.

That said, I love women’s figure skating. It’s the greatest spectator sport as far as I’m concerned. I would not mind watching men’s skating either except the standards are too different. There’s not enough flexibility and artistic stuff.

I like the skiing, snowboarding, and bobsledding.

There’s only one moment in all Olympic sports that matters:

Women’s Beach Volleyball Victory Hug

It’s the fucking Olympics!

What’s not to like???

I prefer it over the summer Olympics, however I will not be glued to the TV except for USA hockey.

I love the Olympics, both winter and summer, no matter what events I’m watching.

Although it may be comprised of sports that we are not entirely used to viewing (some may argue that some are not even sports, but that is for another thread), it is a collection of some of the hardest working, most dedicated athletes in the world. The fact that they are coming together to represent their countries and compete against elite competition is icing on the cake.

Most of these athletes make table scraps compared to NBA and NFL players, yet they still put in 8 hours per day training, busting their ass to be the best at their given discipline, even though they might only be seen doing it once every 4 years.

As members of a community that is often misunderstood or disrespected, I think all of us can truly appreciate the patriotism and level of competition/dedication that is put forth in the Olympic games. Watch and enjoy.

Womens single skeleton…camel toe at 120kph+ in super slow-mo coming toward you on a 52" lcd in HD. Olympic gold right there folks.

Is Herschel Walker on the Bsled team?

I love it all. Nothing better than the Olympics, winter Olympics especially.

All the side stories, the crowds, basically 24 hour coverage with NBC having the online access to events you might have missed.

It’ll be even better since it’s taking place in my time zone, so the primetime stuff might actually be live.

I don’t watch soap operas, nor do I give a fuck about drama in general, but the drama that comes out of the Olympics is very compelling stuff to me. I’ma be glued to my TV fo sho.

Speed skating’s wicked … especially if someone spills

Hockey of course

Curling (I know right?) is pretty interesting (it pulls me right in)

Women’s figure skating

Downhill Skiing

The Ski Jump is fucking awesome

I’ll even watch the cross country skiing where they have to shoot at a target (I forget the name)

Bobsled (read somewhere you have to be insane to be a bobsledder … it’s wicked dangerous)

Ice luge is nuts

And the snowball fight is insane!!

I love watching the olympics, winter or summer, because like another person mentioned the athletic abilities of the participants is amazing. I train with a former olympic weightlifter and a few hopefuls and watching them in practice is major motivation for me. Fast track skating and the slalom are my faves for the winter games.

Just asking OP, this is the second thread where you mention your admiration for male flexibilty, what’s up with that?

[quote]polo77j wrote:

I’ll even watch the cross country skiing where they have to shoot at a target (I forget the name)

[/quote]

Biathlon. They should change it to paintball on skis. :smiley:

I love it all, can’t wait. It’s always exciting. It’s like the Superbowl is on TV for a long ass time.

But really the best thing is gonna be weightlifting in 2012. So fucking intense every lift, and it is awesome to see everyone’s different mannerisms/technique. Can’t flipping WEIGHT.

I almost swung a deal to be in Kitsap Penninsula right around the time the Olympics opened but it fell through. Still pissed about that.

Was going to take a few days in my rental car and just dissapear in the village for a couple days, hitting up as many events as I could, sleeping in the car if need be. Dammit.

Thankfully theres going to be so much coverage. Can’t wait!

I love the Winter Olympics. I will even watch curling. The x-country skiing is fairly boring, but at least they show the condensed version during prime time. All of the downhill and boarding events are fantastic, as are speed skating (both short and long track), bobsleds, luge (2-man luge is uber ghey), skeleton, ski jumping. The Olympics is the only time I will watch figure skating and I actually get into it (can’t beat figure skater glutes).

DB

I’m going to be there! Looking soooo forward to it :smiley:

[quote]debraD wrote:
I’m going to be there! Looking soooo forward to it :-D[/quote]

Are you really? That is so cool. I have a friend who lives in Utah who volunteered during those Olympics. She said it was insane, fun, and exhausting!

I love it. All the ski events, alpine and nordic.

I’m going to be at the sledge hockey gold.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
I’m going to be there! Looking soooo forward to it :-D[/quote]

Are you really? That is so cool. I have a friend who lives in Utah who volunteered during those Olympics. She said it was insane, fun, and exhausting![/quote]

I have a few friends who’ll be volunteering too. They’re all pretty excited. My work is sending me with airfare and accommodation and expenses so it should be fun not picking up the tab :slight_smile: I am still waiting to see if I can get to the opening ceremonies too but probably not.

The torch passed through here recently and I had to pass through a parade of dancers and crowds celebrating and bombarding everyone with free cokes and Canada flags when I was walking home from work. It was something to see, for sure!