Who is the God of War?

What about Gerard from 300? He was much more B.A. than Kratos anyway.

I’m sure Keith Jardine’s schedule is free. Plus he was in Gamer, so he obviously has mad acting skills.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
And a wrestler needs to be able to act, part of his profession, right? :smiley:

Ok, I have no idea whether Goldberg could pull Kratos off, acting-wise… But a permanent scowl can’t be that hard for him… And the only time Kratos looks anything other than angry is for a short time during Athena’s death (and a few other, similar scenes… Making up approximately 0.05% of the total screen time Kratos gets).

As a wrestler, he’d be somewhat familiar with doing “stunt” work?

[/quote]

I think Kane would be a better fit
[/quote]

I don’t really know any of these guys (don’t watch wrestling), I just posted Goldberg because I accidentally stumbled across the Goldberg - Kratos face comparison pic and it seemed like a pretty good fit, plus his physique really is fairly similar… Round shoulders, underpowered arms, thick, wide-ish torso…

I still think that a full CGI movie or some such would be best… But if they go with a human actor, they could do a lot worse than Goldberg. Gotta have to look for some pics of Kane, no idea who he is.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I would rather they make this film either completely animated, or heavily CG’ed (ideally a mixture of Beowulf and Avatar). I just can’t picture Bill Goldberg (noted thespian that he is) running around in a loin cloth with a red streak painted on his chest, hacking evil monsters to bits. It just won’t work. God of War is a very 3 dimensional game, and I think only a CG movie with a CG character will be able to replicate that. [/quote]

God knows we have the technology to make the movie fully CGI.

As I said before… I kind of hope they’ll do it that way.

[quote]brnforce wrote:
What about Gerard from 300? He was much more B.A. than Kratos anyway.[/quote]

LOL apparently you haven’t played the GoW series then because if you have then you would know nobody is more badass then Kratos

I have beat the game and watched the behind the scenes. The guy who does the voice for Kratos is #115 soaking wet. Cool ass voice but body doesnt match. I discussed this in another thread. The latest version of GOW Kratos is more lean more like a outside linebacker for football type body not BB. Game movies suck in general. If they want to do it right it needs to be well written screenplay first and foremost. I still think Vin Diesel is the body type and voice from his “Pitch Black” role.

^

After reading up on the game and the storyline, I can definitely see Vin Diesel in that role. It would fit him like a glove. I also have to agree on the work behind the movie. Getting the right writers and director would have to take priority. And if I see Uwe Boll on anything having to do with this movie, I will very upset.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:

LOL apparently you haven’t played the GoW series then because if you have then you would know nobody is more badass then Kratos[/quote]

Agreed. No one in 300 was SLAYING GODS.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:

LOL apparently you haven’t played the GoW series then because if you have then you would know nobody is more badass then Kratos[/quote]

Agreed. No one in 300 was SLAYING GODS.[/quote]

There was a very tall tranny in 300 who thought he was a God. :slight_smile:

I’ll X2 Gerard Butler. Voice could be good, his acting is obviously good. I think he would need to get a little bit heavier for it but not much, Another 10-15 Lbs and he would look like a monster over his 300 Role. A lot of it is in the face. Vin Deisel could also be pretty good. I’d put him second.

V

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:

Agreed. No one in 300 was SLAYING GODS.[/quote]

There was a very tall tranny in 300 who thought he was a God. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Well, could the flaming giant create monsters out of water like Poseidon? I, Kratos, defeated Poseidon AND ripped his head off!

Kratos would bend Leonidis over and make him his bitch. And ask for seconds.

Came in here to say Vin Deisel, with Goldberg a close second. Keith Jardine would be hilarious though

[quote]Lordcliff wrote:
Kratos would bend Leonidis over and make him his bitch. And ask for seconds. [/quote]

I don’t think anyone would argue that a mythological slayer of gods would be able to handle a real man. However, if GB played the role of Kratos, I think he could nail it down pretty damn good. The charachter of Leonidas is merely to illustrate that he can get shredded, has a decent size frame, has done well in a greek history setting and greek mythology is only a step beyong greek history.

V

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Michael Jai White maybe?[/quote]

I just watched Black Dynamite last night. I think by the end my bf was thoroughly annoyed by my never ending stream of comments about his body. He’s got my vote!

I’m gonna have to stick with djimon hounsou hes a great actor… saw blood diamond a few days ago for like the 5th time and it put him back on my radar. Vin diesel is a decent second… but I think djimon is the best acting wise to fit the role.

After seeings this > Brazilian Kratos Has Magnificently Painted Man Boobs

I guess its not so much about the character having the definition just the size all that definition that Kratos has can be Painted on through shadows and what not, which is pretty cool. Also I think the guy in the gallery pictures is perfect except they didn’t add scar that Zeus gave Kratos when he stabed his ass in GoW 2.

[quote]Amiright wrote:
I’m gonna have to stick with djimon hounsou hes a great actor… saw blood diamond a few days ago for like the 5th time and it put him back on my radar. Vin diesel is a decent second… but I think djimon is the best acting wise to fit the role. [/quote]

I agree but would he bring ass to seats as a lead role. Hollywood has not put him in a lead role yet.

Cool artwork.

The fact that they referred to this model as having “man boobs” causes me to lose the last bit of respect I had for the world.