Who is Going to Win?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Who is going to win? Depends on which is the better dancer.

http://www.break.com/index/unbelievable-mccain-vs-obama-dance-off.html[/quote]

That is fucking awesome.

Obama will sweep this election by a landslide. Then… it’s cheesecake and whiskey time for me.

I think after Obama wins I will be one of those guys that will be saying: “Yeah! I was TOTALLY in support of Obama the WHOLE TIME! REALLY! HONEST!”

I like the college kids comment. I see a bunch of these idiots the other night at school. They were having an “Obama group”…

… Let me tell you, these kids were freaking idots. The group leader kept saying “like” after every two words, kept talking about what CNN was saying about the race, and just seemed totally out of it. The rest of them just seemed happy to be in a group at all. A bunch of really skinny emo kids…

I see Obama buttons, stickers, and “Kill McCain” written all over the walls around here. I feel like I am in wacky land.

Just going on record here: I think we’re all being taken for a ride and McCain will win with about 3-6% to spare.

As far as stolen elections go, I find it hilarious that Obama people think that McCain will be the one stealing an election. Actually, the only way this election can go without someone calling bullshit would be if McCain wins by a landslide, which won’t happen.

And as for how popular Obama seems. I seem to recall someone who had a lot more signs across the country than Obama: Ron Paul.

mike

John McCain.

Mufasa

I just don’t think McCain has taken his opportunities in this campaign and has not galvanised the republicans like I believe he could have.

Having said that it is conceivable that there could be a sizeable portion of the electorate out there who on the day will be voting anti-Obama despite McCain and his poor campaign. Maybe this is the best possible situation for McCain in that those who would normally not have voted for him will now feel obliged.

I don’t see anyone voting for McCain, but I see a whole lot of people voting against Obama.

This will motivate the right to get out and vote. The black vote will be the highest ever, but regardless of what we are hearing, the youth vote isn’t going to be much higher then in the past.

The likely voter polls show a more narrow race, and the undecided group is still higher then the difference.

Throw in the fact that Obama repeatedly polled higher then his votes in the primaries, and you have the makings of an upset.

But it is still looking good for Obama.

Just realize that if he does get into office, and the liberal laws start flying, we will not only be in a recession, but a long one.

Seeing a full liberal government in action might just scare enough people that the Dems get swept out of office. The only question is will the Republicans have learned their lesson by then, or still act like Democrat lite?

Is McCain leading in ANY poll?

I can understand discounting one poll (or perhaps two polls) as being misleading, but Obama is leading in ALL of the polls. The only argument is over the size of his lead.

If McCain wins it will be a remarkable comeback. More importantly, Obama will be remembered as a Mets-like figure (the BIG fade at the end of the season).

JamFly said:

“…It is conceivable that there could be a sizeable portion of the electorate out there who on the day will be voting anti-Obama despite McCain and his poor campaign…”

Agree.

That is one major factor (among others that I will discuss after the campaign) that will put McCain in the Whitehouse.

Also…when will people learn to stop underestimating McCain?

Too many people have come out on the tail-end when they did.

Mufasa

Hard to say, I think it will be close.

That said, it shouldn’t be. After 8 years of general party exhaustion and specific party exhaustion, the race should well in hand for the Democrats…but they picked the one candidate who could lose it for them.

I’m curious…who would have been the “better” candidate?

Hillary?

Edwards?

Dodd?

Richardson?

Kucinich? Other?

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Hillary?

Edwards?

Dodd?

Richardson?

Kucinich? Other?

Mufasa[/quote]

Mufasa. Definitely Mufasa.

LOL!

No way, Mage!

The way the “Republican Machine” works; I wouldn’t make it past a local School Board Election!

Mufasa

[quote]jnd wrote:
Is McCain leading in ANY poll?

I can understand discounting one poll (or perhaps two polls) as being misleading, but Obama is leading in ALL of the polls. The only argument is over the size of his lead.

If McCain wins it will be a remarkable comeback. More importantly, Obama will be remembered as a Mets-like figure (the BIG fade at the end of the season).[/quote]

Not all polls take into account likely voters. And just because a voter says they will be voting does not mean they will. The Gallup “traditional” likely voters is more accurate then their other polls, and I believe this poll is within the margin of error, meaning that McCain could still win, and the poll is accurate. (I am assuming 3%)

It is an uphill battle for McCain, but again with an undecided as large as it is, the poll being within the margin of error, and such a large number of undecided who will vote, it could still go to McCain.

The odds are more likely then you think, especially if you understand the math of these polls.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Hillary?

Edwards?

Dodd?

Richardson?

Kucinich? Other?

Mufasa[/quote]

I agree with Mufasa. Obama has more people queer for politics than at any point in history. The perfect candidate… people actually HATE Hillary. Obama is just strongly disliked.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Hillary?[/quote]

I think she would have done better.

He needs some work on his delivery (and he says some wacky things, I think, because he isn’t very good at political smooth-talk, but I don’t always score down on that), but he could have done much better - he can actually lay claim to having a reasonably centrist point-of-view…as one conservative friend of mine put it: “when he isn’t playing slap-and-tickle with the Left in order to placate that wing of the party, he is a very sensible guy”.

I am not sure I would vote for him, but I’d be much more comfortable with a guy like him at the helm.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Hillary?

I think she would have done better.
[/quote]

Agreed.

If you guys honestly think McCain is going to win you’re drinking some serious Fox News Koolaid.

First off, it’s a myth that the polls had Kerry winning in 2004; a few did, but not the majority. McCain is down in virtually every poll, sometimes by a lot. More importantly, look at the states.

McCain has already given up in Michigan, he’s down in Virginia (Virginia!), there’s even a chance he’ll lose Florida. Electoral College-wise, it is going to be a blowout.

The media may be broadly and almost uniformly for Obama, but they don’t get in a room on Friday nights and plan out how they’re going to deceive America.