Who Is Bulking?

Around 153 in July, and I’m at about 165 now. Aiming for a good 175-180 by March…

Same here… It seems like I am always bulking!
250 lbs and feeling stronger than ever.
Winter is my season - I can eat and lift more than in the hot summer months. I also am more committed to lifting since there is a helluva lot less to do when it gets cold outside here in northern IL.

Had this question been posed just 3 years ago, the majority of the people responding would have acted as if you said a bad word.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Had this question been posed just 3 years ago, the majority of the people responding would have acted as if you said a bad word.[/quote]

I have always gone through bulking and cutting “seasons”. Funny thing is, I still get in arguements with people who tell me that there is no reason for it.

I am at 265 right now and am carrying more bf than I normally do when I bulk, but I am as happy as a pig in shit. I plan to do so until January 1, and have a month and a half of maintenance, then start cutting.

Been bulking up for 2 months now. From 214 to 236. I must admit I have not been eating as much as I was during the first 4 weeks but still gaining. Hope to hit 250 by the end on Jan.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Had this question been posed just 3 years ago, the majority of the people responding would have acted as if you said a bad word.[/quote]

Why is that? The obsession with “lean body mass” was stronger back then?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Had this question been posed just 3 years ago, the majority of the people responding would have acted as if you said a bad word.

Why is that? The obsession with “lean body mass” was stronger back then?[/quote]

Yes. I personally think Goldberg quit posting because of that to some degree.

Is there a point bodyfat wise at where you should stop bulking and reduce your caloric intake?

For example you are 200 pounds and 10% bodyfat-180 pounds lean. You bulk to 200 but are now 15% bf and 187 lean. Is there an optimal bf % for bulking?

I hate cutting…everything about it. Yes, I’m bulking.

[quote]sully’s wrote:
Is there a point bodyfat wise at where you should stop bulking and reduce your caloric intake?

For example you are 200 pounds and 10% bodyfat-180 pounds lean. You bulk to 200 but are now 15% bf and 187 lean. Is there an optimal bf % for bulking?[/quote]

Are there any other indicators/ratios that can be used to regulate the bulking process ?

How long should one expect to bulk ?

I decided in June that I’ve been too concerned with my abs for far too long and needed to say “the hell with it” and needed to get stronger (and hopefully bigger). I did OLAD until about a month ago. Now I’m switching to a series of CW’s programs until early May. Currently on TBT for Strength/Mass and going to do QD during Christmas break. I started in June at 5’10" 178lb with 4 cubes showing. I’m currently around 190lb and have added 20-30lbs on all of the major lifts. I’ve put on a little around the waist, but a 12-week cycle of HOT-ROX in May will cure that.

Me too. I’m fat and happy now!

Me.

Without actually trying to gain weight I’ve gone from 180 - 193 since the beginning of September.

I’m at school, but as of the 10th of December I’m actually going to keep a food log, increase calories, and see what happens. As a goal? 205 by Jan. 3.

HIYOOO!

Eating everything in sight.

I’m 5’10" and have gone from 128 to 136 to only four months.

Christmas Day, I’m going to start cutting.

Bulking. Hard and Heavy.

Started this year at around 283 with about 25% bf. To get back into the swing of things I started a circuit training cycle with dumbells only. The fat started dropping quick. I got down to around 260 with about 10 to 12% bf. As I got stronger I started lifting heavier and training one body part a day. I am up to 272 with 10 to 12% bf. I have learned this: The more muscle the faster the metabolism. Life is good.

Lift Heavy

JW

I started bulking, I read it on this website forgot who wrote it, he also wrote about the pop tarts, I started doing what he said and also substituded weight gainers and protein shakes, and went from 146- 157 in 4 weeks. a lil stomach, but losing is very easy for me, with my fast metabolism.
I am 5 feet 9 1/2 and 19.
People are seeing the difference I like it.

Just got done cutting for a competion at work and now I am back to my usual weight and will be going up until late January early February. Then I will level out get back under 10%bf. Then I will maintain for a bit and then once again go back to bulking. End product will be 205lbs and under 8%bf.
Currently 185lbs at 5’8 and around 10%bf.
I am going to be a nasty fatty come Christmass. DA

[quote]harris447 wrote:

Christmas Day, I’m going to start cutting.[/quote]

Your lucky Professor.x didnt see this, 136 is way too small for cutting on your frame, im 5’10" also, do a clean bulk, get some good info off Dr John berardis articles like massive eating, get up to around 180 then you can cut if you want to, and eat whole foods where possible.

There will be one problem later though, you will have to buy new clothes because your old ones wont fit.

I’ve been trying to bulk for… 18 years now (I am 18 years old, by the way). I’ve been trying to get more weight my whole life and especially the 3 years that I’ve lifted weights. I’ve went from 110 pounds to 150 pounds (5’9") and I’m still trying to add at least 20 pounds.

Bulking is hell. I had to take a couple of weeks off a while ago due to total loss of appetite, and I lost about 5 pounds. Yay me! I’m slowly upping my calories again and may even be reintroducing breakfast soon. I hate eating. Hate hate hate hate.

[quote]smt_007 wrote:
harris447 wrote:

Christmas Day, I’m going to start cutting.

Your lucky Professor.x didnt see this, 136 is way too small for cutting on your frame, im 5’10" also, do a clean bulk, get some good info off Dr John berardis articles like massive eating, get up to around 180 then you can cut if you want to, and eat whole foods where possible.

There will be one problem later though, you will have to buy new clothes because your old ones wont fit.[/quote]

Dude, I’m sorry, but you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’m one of the biggest guys in my gym and i placed third in a powerlifting meet in the ‘shrugs’ category. You’re just jealous and shit.