Who is 'Bigger'?

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[quote]Kanada wrote:
as a kid who was always smaller than everyone i knew, I suspect size is different. everyone already feels taller than me in my head. nonetheless, i know a 6’5, 190ish kid (he fluctuates) and i dont feel intimidated at all. on the other hand, i feel like i dwarf my peers in the untrained community, cause im a thick 165 (haha i know). mind you, any athlete in an explosive sport should generally seem larger than the average person, thus a muscular person beats a tall person.

a tall trained person, thats intimidating to a point. they suffer on points of leverage, overalll athletisicim (due to the length nerve impulses travel) while containing excess potential on things like overall strength[/quote]

whaf the fuck are you on about?[/quote]

Sounds like on of those guys that looks at the jacked dude with 20" arms, squatting over a grand and says to himself “I bet I can take him, because it’s not functional.”

Don’t know if that’s how you meant it to come off, but it’s how it looks from here. I’ve never met a dude who’s legs were so long, even though he was ripped, he just couldn’t get the leverage to lift them.

I’m 6’ 200 and when some guy 6’4 or 6’5" at the same weight stands next to me, it is a little intimidating feeling. Just something about them being taller or not eye level makes me feel smaller.

The only people on the planet that Shaq doesn’t make small are probably the 2 wrestlers named above, and that 7’ asian fighter(Hong Man Choi or something?) Height is just so imposing unless you have absolutely no meat on you Manut Bol style.

[quote]red04 wrote:
The only people on the planet that Shaq doesn’t make small are probably the 2 wrestlers named above, and that 7’ asian fighter(Hong Man Choi or something?) Height is just so imposing unless you have absolutely no meat on you Manut Bol style.[/quote]

I feel like most of the people who’ve replied have never been around anyone truly big. I can’t tell you how many NBA ball players I’ve played with or stood next to who on tv or paper seem wiry, but when you stand next time look pretty fucking big. Like in a could knock your fucking head off with one swipe of their bear paw kinda way. I don’t give a fuck how much muscle a 6’2" bodybuilder has. It’s not the same.

tall guy.

a rat and an ox were arguing about who was the biggest. the rat said: OK here is what we will do. we’ll walk down the street together, and the people will decide who is bigger. the ox agreed.

as they walked down the street everyone shouted: “LOOK AT THAT HUGE RAT!!”

therefore,therefor nothing. this thread is probably meaningless.

Allow me to elaborate on my previous rathar terse response.

We all know that bodybuilders get little respect in our society. They are viewed as freaks and even if impressive still undesirable.

Tall guys carry no stigma. Tall people get paid more than short people just because for some reason we are primed to be a little in awe of tall people. Being tall is not something you work for so theres almost no stigma associated.

Bodybuilders on the other hand are kinda looked at like someone who covered their face in tattoos. “Why would you do that to yourself.”

So, purely in terms of social standing tall guy wins.

Depends on how they carry themselves.

Some people move aggressively, stand closer, and have the body language and demeanor of someone who is aggressive and physically imposing.

They don’t just take up their own space, they take up a little of yours too.

They will seem bigger.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:
The only people on the planet that Shaq doesn’t make small are probably the 2 wrestlers named above, and that 7’ asian fighter(Hong Man Choi or something?) Height is just so imposing unless you have absolutely no meat on you Manut Bol style.[/quote]

I feel like most of the people who’ve replied have never been around anyone truly big. I can’t tell you how many NBA ball players I’ve played with or stood next to who on tv or paper seem wiry, but when you stand next time look pretty fucking big. Like in a could knock your fucking head off with one swipe of their bear paw kinda way. I don’t give a fuck how much muscle a 6’2" bodybuilder has. It’s not the same.[/quote]

Ya, we’ve got some big dudes on the Cleveland sports teams. Shaq is the obvious one along with some of the other Cavs bigs, but the Browns have some giant lineman too; Sean Rogers is a mammoth man.

Also unrelated to the thread but has anyone here gotten to shake hands with Andre Johnson(the Texans receiver), he might have the largest hand:bodysize ratio of any person alive, I mean he’s not exactly short but his hands are freakishly large, I’ve heard Javon Kearse is like this too but never met him.

The one that isn’t a chode

Also I really don’t know how I feel about contributing to a thread started by a poster who recently explicitly compared minorities to wild animals.

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

I feel like most of the people who’ve replied have never been around anyone truly big. I can’t tell you how many NBA ball players I’ve played with or stood next to who on tv or paper seem wiry, but when you stand next time look pretty fucking big. Like in a could knock your fucking head off with one swipe of their bear paw kinda way. I don’t give a fuck how much muscle a 6’2" bodybuilder has. It’s not the same.[/quote]

Ya, we’ve got some big dudes on the Cleveland sports teams. Shaq is the obvious one along with some of the other Cavs bigs, but the Browns have some giant lineman too; Sean Rogers is a mammoth man.

Also unrelated to the thread but has anyone here gotten to shake hands with Andre Johnson(the Texans receiver), he might have the largest hand:bodysize ratio of any person alive, I mean he’s not exactly short but his hands are freakishly large, I’ve heard Javon Kearse is like this too but never met him.[/quote]

Andre & Jevon

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Say you have a man standing under six foot and weighing around 300 relatively lean (healthy bf). Yes, he is a bodybuilder and very advanced.

And then you have a seven foot tall man weighing the same and obviously not as filled out. Fairly lean, perhaps lifted just a bit to reach that weight.

Which one is bigger to you? Who do you think is more perceived as more ‘dominant’ and physically imposing? Why? [/quote]

Are you asking this for a reason? Like which one to ask out or something?

[quote]Eli B wrote:
Also I really don’t know how I feel about contributing to a thread started by a poster who recently explicitly compared minorities to wild animals.[/quote]

Agreed…so, for a thread as retarded as this, why is everyone else so forgetful?

Answer: Professor X is bigger than both of them. Case closed.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
The 6 foot guy.

Being really tall doesn’t always make one look as bad ass as some may think. There’s a point where you just look goofy.
I mean 6’5" can probably hold a lot of weight and still have that rugged look we associate with being bad ass. 6’6" and up but 230 to 240 can look lanky. Not Lanky.[/quote]

I saw the Great Khali and the Big Show drinking at the bar in Vegas. Guess it was pro wrestlers night out at the Hard Rock. Both of those guys around 7ft and neither one looked lanky. Those are the 2 most imposing people I’ve ever seen in real life. I was gonna stop and say something but I was afraid they’d eat me.[/quote]

Played basketball in college for two years with “The Undertaker.”
6’7" 240ish at the time. Heck of an athlete. Put on 60lbs and, oh my!
Once he and I almost got in a car accident on some old country road. Cowboy comes flying out of his truck wanting to kick my ass. Mark gets out of the car and tells him to get back in his truck. Cowboy smartly complies.

Cool dude to fish and hang out with.

oh, to contrast, I played against Manute Bol when I lived in Cleveland. 7’6" bean pole I’d guess went a buck 90 soaking wet. Poor guy couldn’t make it up and down the court without getting gassed. Amazed to see him in the NBA for a brief stint.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
The one that isn’t a chode[/quote]

lolz

Who’s bigger the buff guy or the tall guy?

Answer: Chuck Norris

/Thread

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:
Who’s bigger the buff guy or the tall guy?

Answer: Chuck Norris or kerley

/Thread[/quote]

Fixed.

^ Who is that in your Avi?? She makes me happy in the pants