Who Here Uses Gillette Clincial Strength?

Sounds crazy, but some of the “natural” deodorants seem to work alot better for me. Not the hippy-dippy rock shit, but just the ones that use herbs and are aluminum-free and aren’t antiperspirants…

Where do you pick them up? Do regular grocery stores and pharmacies carry them?

Well I’ve been getting mine from Meijier here in Michigan. It’s just a regular grocery/retail type store. When I get home I’ll get the brand name for you. I know Tom’s of Maine makes natural type deodorants which I’ve used before.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Where do you pick them up? Do regular grocery stores and pharmacies carry them?[/quote]

he said they’re not antiperspirants though.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
Ronsauce wrote:
Where do you pick them up? Do regular grocery stores and pharmacies carry them?

he said they’re not antiperspirants though.
[/quote]

You are right. They don’t work for people that perspire a lot so don’t waste your money. If you want something that really kicks ass and doesn’t turn your clothes funny colors, try Certain Dri or there is even a better one that I’ve found - PerspireX. Don’t let the price tag fool you (about $22 for 25ml). It lasts forever and it does exactly what it’s supposed to do.

Ah right. I never even think of buying deodorants as that’s not my problem, so I didn’t even realize he was talking about them.

Certain Dri or Perspirex eh? I wonder if they’re like the Drysol stuff; it was about $30 for a small roller-bottle.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Ah right. I never even think of buying deodorants as that’s not my problem, so I didn’t even realize he was talking about them.

Certain Dri or Perspirex eh? I wonder if they’re like the Drysol stuff; it was about $30 for a small roller-bottle.[/quote]

That’s right, Ronsauce. Never tried Drysol but they look to be pretty equivalent as far as strength.

If I can find them, I’ll definitely give 'em a shot. It’d be great if they were as effective as Drysol but without the agonizing pain.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

Certain Dri or Perspirex eh? I wonder if they’re like the Drysol stuff; it was about $30 for a small roller-bottle.[/quote]

Yikes, $30??

I think Certain Dri is more like $12, and does indeed last for a good 4 months or so.

Rite-Aid also makes a generic version of Certain-Dri with identical active ingredients, for a few bucks cheaper.

I myself do not use Gillette Clinical Strength but I am curious… the TV commercial does nothing to make me want to use it - the poor guy in the commercial has to change his shirt COMING INTO the office… again, the more must be better way of thinking.

Anyhow, good ol’ Will Ferrell has been hired by Old Spice to shill the new higher potency Old Spice, blah, blah, blah… I guess this is their response to Gillette possibly taking away market share.

I wonder if all this elevation of aluminum, etc. contents in anti-perpirants is going to cause a backlash? I find that I sweat more now in the chest/back region… maybe the concentration of anti-perspirant chemicals in my Old Spice Pure Sport is TOO strong?

Just throwing that out there as I would think that when you suppress your body’s natural way of releasing sweat (read: armpits) it compensates by amping up the sweat output from other pores in your body…

Sorry I do not mean to hijack but does anyone know if your body can build up a tolerance/receptor dulling to this stuff? As in if you keep upping the %age of aluminum hydroblahblahblah your body eventually overcomes it & then you need more powerful anti-perspirant to achieve the same effect?

I appreciate the suggestions here everyone. I’ve been looking to switch to a non-aluminum deodorant. I was able to find Tom’s of Maine at Target yesterday.

I’ve also heard Adidas makes a non-aluminum deodorant that can be found at Wal-Mart.

I’m not sure I buy the whole “stopping pit sweat causes and increase in sweat elsewhere” theory. I highly doubt the absurd amount of sweat I gush from my pits is purely for keeping me cool as I sweat when I’m cold anyways, so my body doesn’t need to try to compensate for this lack of cooling by upping the perspiration elsewhere.

Ronsauce:

Absurd? Can’t be as bad as my old co-worker who actually got surgery done to eliminate his hyperhydrosis & ended up with the sweat problem from his hands drying up BUT now he only sweats from below the nipple line. I think he might have made his situation worse :frowning:

Huh. Looks like it happens, but I don’t get why.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I appreciate the suggestions here everyone. I’ve been looking to switch to a non-aluminum deodorant. I was able to find Tom’s of Maine at Target yesterday.

I’ve also heard Adidas makes a non-aluminum deodorant that can be found at Wal-Mart.[/quote]

I’m using these two right now. Both work. if you get another brand, make sure it has no aluminum and if it works post it up here.

http://kissmyfacewebstore.com/detail/KMF+1900242

and

iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=6062415226363194956&at=0

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

I’ve also heard Adidas makes a non-aluminum deodorant that can be found at Wal-Mart.[/quote]

That Tom’s of Maine also burned the shit outta my armpits.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Well I’ve been getting mine from Meijier here in Michigan. It’s just a regular grocery/retail type store. When I get home I’ll get the brand name for you. I know Tom’s of Maine makes natural type deodorants which I’ve used before. [/quote]

I got mine at whole foods. You can also get them online. That fucking hippie rocksalt is a piece of shit. I was stinking my ass off. lol

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

I’ve also heard Adidas makes a non-aluminum deodorant that can be found at Wal-Mart.

I’m using these two right now. Both work. if you get another brand, make sure it has no aluminum and if it works post it up here.

and

iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=6062415226363194956&at=0[/quote]

I believe I also saw the Kiss My Face brand at Target as well. I’ll have to give that a shot.

I’m surprised about what you said about Tom’s burning your armpits though. I don’t feel a thing and I just shaved them down before applying it.

I have pretty much accepted that I will sweat through anything. It’s the fucking stains that piss me off. Mitchum White Solid promises no shirt staining. I’ve almost finished my first stick and I have noticed my black shirts are cleaning up a bit in the pit area.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

and

iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=6062415226363194956&at=0

I believe I also saw the Kiss My Face brand at Target as well. I’ll have to give that a shot.

I’m surprised about what you said about Tom’s burning your armpits though. I don’t feel a thing and I just shaved them down before applying it.[/quote]

Yea, I don’t know, maybe I got sensitive skin or something. But it keep burning so I threw it out. Those other two are pretty good though. Let me know if you try any other ones that are good.