T Nation

Who Here Uses Gillette Clincial Strength?

Anyone here use gilette clinical strength antiperspirant? I started using it after a recomendation in my thread about somewhat excessive underarm sweating…

I find that it works…kind of. It cut way down on how much I sweat on the left, but only about halved it on the right…wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Also, they recommend applying it at night before you go to bed, and say you don’t need to reply in the morning after you shower…I tried that today and my underarms look like a swamp.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

Also, they recommend applying it at night before you go to bed, and say you don’t need to reply in the morning after you shower…I tried that today and my underarms look like a swamp. [/quote]

That’s retarded. I wouldn’t want topically applied products to be able to last through a shower anyway, that’s sort of the reason I shower in the first place.

Some of the stronger products, like Certain-Dri, recommend only applying at bedtime, but I don’t think they advise you to wash it off the next morning.

Gillette Clinical Strength isn’t anything special. It’s active ingredient is at 20%, which is the same as several other products, including a couple that have been out for 5-6 years now.

I tried it and it works pretty well, but I still don’t like it. I feel like the sweat that wants to get out is under my skin, and it doesn’t feel right. And the stuff is a pain in the ass to get off in the shower.

women’s deodorant FTW lol

works better than men’s stuff :shrug:

Only thing that’s worked for me so far has been Drysol. Unfortunately, it also caused excessive skin irritation. After going to bed and trying to get some sleep, I’ve had to get up and shower the stuff off because the sting it caused was a bit too intense.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Only thing that’s worked for me so far has been Drysol. Unfortunately, it also caused excessive skin irritation. After going to bed and trying to get some sleep, I’ve had to get up and shower the stuff off because the sting it caused was a bit too intense.[/quote]

geeze that’s powerful haha

I tried it. Wasn’t really a fan.

I’m just not that big of a fan of the non-solid antiperspirants/deodorants - I hate walking around shirtless with ILS or sitting in front of a fan waiting for them to dry.

Not to mention I think it may be responsible for turning the pits in a few of my black shirts to a dirty grey color.

Applying it at night may let it dry properly, but I shower in the morning after the gym, so it’s not like that’s gonna help.

But I do know what you’re talking about when you say it works better for one side than the other.

I use to to stress over bullshit like this.

Then I came to the conclusion sweating is a normal natural process. When you sweat, your body is eliminating toxins and cooling yourself off.

Also, those anti-antiperspirants are loaded to the hilt with aluminum which is a poison to the body and blocks zinc and magnesium absorption. So you’re also lowering your T levels.

Why on earth sweating and perspiring is viewed as a bad thing I’ll never know. I stopped all the heavy anti-antiperspirants a few months back. I now use an organic deodorant with no aluminum. No more pitted out shirts.

What else can you do besides bathing twice a day? Besides that, don’t worry about it. If you have to wear a dress-shirt, put on an undershirt and go about your day.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
I use to to stress over bullshit like this.

What else can you do besides bathing twice a day? Besides that, don’t worry about it. If you have to wear a dress-shirt, put on an undershirt and go about your day.[/quote]

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about, I had pit stains that would show through 3-4 layers of clothing, all this while using all sorts of antiperspirants.

I have a job where I constantly interact with people AND I need to look professional at all times, therefore I have to look the part. Had I been, let’s say, in construction, almost always surrounded by similary sweating men, I wouldn’t have cared either.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
women’s deodorant FTW lol

works better than men’s stuff :shrug:[/quote]

Or Crystal. That stuff works great

[quote]catone wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
I use to to stress over bullshit like this.

What else can you do besides bathing twice a day? Besides that, don’t worry about it. If you have to wear a dress-shirt, put on an undershirt and go about your day.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about, I had pit stains that would show through 3-4 layers of clothing, all this while using all sorts of antiperspirants.

I have a job where I constantly interact with people AND I need to look professional at all times, therefore I have to look the part. Had I been, let’s say, in construction, almost always surrounded by similary sweating men, I wouldn’t have cared either.[/quote]

A tip: One thing I noticed, if you are very hairy in the pits (like me) shave them down a bit, that way when you put the deodorant on, it actually goes on your armpit and has a chance to work, instead of sitting on a ball of pitt-hair.

Once I did that, the deodorants starting working better.

I suffer the same affliction. I also find that if I think about how much I’m sweating or could potentially end up sweating, I get nervous and, sure enough, start sweating.

On the first day of one of my classes this year, our teacher made us do a bunch of yoga for what I assume was no good reason. I was henceforth referred to as “Sweaty Guy.” I was already friends with everyone in the class, so it wasn’t a huge deal, but you know you’ve got a problem when the teacher is calling you names.

Has anyone in here ever had surgery to remove sweat glands?

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
I use to to stress over bullshit like this.

Then I came to the conclusion sweating is a normal natural process. When you sweat, your body is eliminating toxins and cooling yourself off.

Also, those anti-antiperspirants are loaded to the hilt with aluminum which is a poison to the body and blocks zinc and magnesium absorption. So you’re also lowering your T levels.

Why on earth sweating and perspiring is viewed as a bad thing I’ll never know. I stopped all the heavy anti-antiperspirants a few months back. I now use an organic deodorant with no aluminum. No more pitted out shirts.

What else can you do besides bathing twice a day? Besides that, don’t worry about it. If you have to wear a dress-shirt, put on an undershirt and go about your day.[/quote]

Good post!

Man up and let’s sweat like an animal! I’m so sick of that metro society! Anyway if you shower once or twice a day like normal people you won’t stink! Don’t confuse natural fresh body odor with the stink from a lack of hygiene Besides fresh body odor attracts hot girls! Full of pheromones! The scent of man (and woman)! I love sweaty girls! So hot!

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
catone wrote:I don’t think you know what you’re talking about, I had pit stains that would show through 3-4 layers of clothing, all this while using all sorts of antiperspirants.

I suffer the same affliction. I also find that if I think about how much I’m sweating or could potentially end up sweating, I get nervous and, sure enough, start sweating.

On the first day of one of my classes this year, our teacher made us do a bunch of yoga for what I assume was no good reason. I was henceforth referred to as “Sweaty Guy.” I was already friends with everyone in the class, so it wasn’t a huge deal, but you know you’ve got a problem when the teacher is calling you names.

Has anyone in here ever had surgery to remove sweat glands?[/quote]

Dear Lord,

why would you want to do that? Sweating is a natural bodily function…what’s the big deal?

You wouldn’t get a surgery to sew your asshole up from shitting. Your body is trying to get rid of something, let it get rid of it.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
catone wrote:I don’t think you know what you’re talking about, I had pit stains that would show through 3-4 layers of clothing, all this while using all sorts of antiperspirants.

I suffer the same affliction. I also find that if I think about how much I’m sweating or could potentially end up sweating, I get nervous and, sure enough, start sweating.

Has anyone in here ever had surgery to remove sweat glands?[/quote]

I just had Botox done and it works like a charm. Too bad it lasts only for about 6 months, but it’ll get me through the summer and fall.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
Dear Lord,

why would you want to do that? Sweating is a natural bodily function…what’s the big deal?[/quote]

It’s embarrassing, it’s uncomfortable, and it ruins clothes.

Maybe you’re so cavalier on just letting the sweat flow because you really don’t sweat too badly. I get that impression from your “put on an undershirt and go about your day” comment. Like catone, I can sweat through layers upon layers of clothing.

And to clarify, it’s the looking and feeling like a gross, sweaty pig that’s the problem, not smelling like one.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
It’s embarrassing, it’s uncomfortable, and it ruins clothes.[/quote]

I’d just point out that the staining and ruined shirts are actually caused by the antiperspirants, in particular the aluminum salts commonly used in them. I used to use antiperspirants and was constantly frustrated when the pits of all my light shirts turned a nasty yellow color. I changed to an aluminum-free deodorant and the problem completely disappeared.

But I do understand you’re worried about the sweating most of all.

I’m not even necessarily talking about staining of clothes. The armpits of most of my t-shirts all get worn out waaaaay too quickly. It may be totally coincidental, but I doubt it.

[quote]ZedThou wrote:
Ronsauce wrote:
It’s embarrassing, it’s uncomfortable, and it ruins clothes.

I’d just point out that the staining and ruined shirts are actually caused by the antiperspirants, in particular the aluminum salts commonly used in them. I used to use antiperspirants and was constantly frustrated when the pits of all my light shirts turned a nasty yellow color. I changed to an aluminum-free deodorant and the problem completely disappeared.

But I do understand you’re worried about the sweating most of all.[/quote]

This post is spot on, and was the point I was trying to make earlier.

No more aluminum antiperspirants, no more pitted out shirts.

That’s all well and good if someone’s sole concern is staining their shirt, but it’s not the only problem.