T Nation

Who here trains twice a day

For me, going to the gym or doing some kind of rough training twice a day is just starting to be a drag.

Even on the weekends when i have alot of free time i think im just better off lifting once a day.

I mostly understand the 'supercompensation' thing but i just do not like going onto the gym and lifting shttier than i did the day before , i dont see the point.

This became epecially apparent to me a short time ago when i felt the effects of taking a single extra day off from lifting, i just felt really fresh and snappy with stuff.

Its true that your not going to look or perform like a weight lifter unless you in fact lift weights very consistently but i think if its TOO consistent (PLUS not having sleep/food nailed down all the time) you're just kind of running yourself into the ground.

I found that when I was doing two a days, one lifting and one practice and conditioning for soccer the biggest thing that helped me was just eating a shit ton. Sleep didn’t seem to make much of a difference if I got a little extra. But I only had 2 a days three times a week so I’m sure it’s a little different for you.

It might be about tweaking. Mixing in some shorter sessions, some average sessions(not really pushing myself) some single session days is working for me. Like you did some days off in the mix can also be welcome.

[quote]
I mostly understand the ‘supercompensation’ thing but i just do not like going onto the gym and lifting shttier than i did the day before , i dont see the point. [/quote]

Supercompensation in a beginner is usually after 48-72 hours. That’s why most beginners programs are every other day with a day of rest in between.

Exactly.