Who Here Listens to Podcasts?

I freaking love podcasts and listen to them for several hours each day.

Here are my favorite training/nutrition/lifestyle podcasts:

The Tim Ferriss Show
The Zach Even-Esh Stronglife Podcast
FItness Confidential with Vinnie Tortorich
Barbell Shrugged
Power Athlete Radio
Physical Preparation Podcast
Sports Motivation Podcast
Spartan Up!
The Fat Burning Man Show
Robb Wolf - The Paleo Solution Podcast
Primal Blueprint Podcast
The Simply Human Podcast

Then there are a few news and business podcasts I listen to, but they are a bit less fun.

The Church of What’s Happening Now with Joey Diaz and Lee Syatt. My favorite!

Joe Rogan and Bill Burr.

I’ll double down on Joe Rogan. His podcasts are excellent and he covers a vast amount of topics. I would look into the podcasts with him and Graham Hancock if you like to go the deep thinking / alternative history route.

Also, Ben Shapiro as others have said. You would enjoy the “Good Trump, Bad Trump” segments.

JRE is good because Rogan is very good at keeping conversations moving along organically without falling into the Q&A / gratuitous anecdote format of talk shows. He also pulls info out of his ass a lot of the time and has an annoying habit of talking over, or more, than his guests.

His show has a great vibe and flow, though, and he has a knack for getting interesting guests (I like him a lot, too). 3 hours long and they always go down smooth.

MMPC is pretty good, but at least half the episodes are Bill “IIIIIIIIII’MMMMM JUST CHECKIN’ IN ON YA” Burr going through the motions so he can release something on Tuesday but call it his Monday Morning podcast. Funny as hell guy and I’ll listen to him rant about almost whatever, but when he spends 30+ minutes recapping the sports games he watched the day prior, it’s obvious he’s just filling time to hit a quota and that overt lack of interest affects me as a listener.

He gives the absolute best plugs in the podcast world though. I don’t know if he’s ever mentioned a product without a) shitting on the sponsor, b) butchering the lines and shitting on the sponsor’s message, c) shitting on the product itself, or d) diluting the message by going off on tangent after tangent. At no point has he ever seriously tried to convince the listener to try any of the stuff he advertises.

Ben Shapiro is OK for political commentary, but I’m finding him more and more whiny, hyperbolic, and obtusely contrarian on a lot of his social stuff (though I agree with his messages in general). Very intelligent guy, but he comes across as a little childlike at times. I’d rather listen to him debate people, TBH.

Bill Burr basically asking his sponsors to stop giving him money:

1 Like

Alternative? More like the truth,

I didn’t mean it in the sense of it being false. Just alternative to what we’re taught.

Joel Osteen. For real, it is great, uplifting, and inspirational. I would describe him as incorporating the law of attraction, with the word of GOD. He is my go to podcast.

Warrior Mind podcast
Art of Manliness
TheAlphaM
ThePerformancePodcast
TheStrengthcoach podcast
The Tim Ferriss Show

Resurrection…

Saw @Alpha on the Power Project and thought I’d share. Pretty cool stuff.

Joe Rogan.
Joe DeFranco.
Mark Bells Power Project.
Mind Pump.
OPL (other people’s lives).

tweet

Dan Carlin has been narrating my commute for a while now. Hardcore History is the podcast, and I’m a huge fan now.

• Freakonomics
  • The Infinite Monkey Cage
  • The Dollop
  • Skeptic’s Guide to the Universe
  • P3 Dokumentär (Swedish)
  • Sommar & Vinter i P1 (Swedish)

Honorable mention, as it is just a few episodes

• Shit Town