Who Here Feels Fantastic on TRT?

I see a lot of guys here struggling to dial in their dosages, and get their regimen tuned in so they can feel better. Seems like a lot of us feel better on T, but not fantastic…

So I was wondering who are the guys here who feel FANTASTIC on TRT (Sexual and athletic beasts!) – and what are you doing to achieve this level of well being?

I’m sure we can all learn from your findings, and I’d like to know if it’s possible to get to this point – so please respond!!

Thanks in advance!

fantastic on TRT… nope. I wasted a lot of time focusing just on TRT and getting nowhere.

fantastic once I figured out all of the other problems that were interfering with my Hormone balance… yes.

for me it took fixing my cortisol, Reverse T3, ferritin, Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Testosterone… and I can now say that things are moving along nicely.

I really appreciate the reply! It’s great to hear that there is gold at the end of the rainbow. Sometimes when you are a guy just starting down this path and still fine tuning with your doc, you can start to feel like this is kind of a hopeless pursuit – and mabye you just need to accept that things will never be as great as they once were.

it took me three long years down a very long very dark road once I realized I had a problem, 8 different doctors, 20 different blood test draws (with up to 26 vials in a single sitting), multiple set backs, constant depression, feeling of worthlessness, failure, frustration, apathy, no libido, no emotional control, anxiety, weight gain, fatigue, doctors telling me it was in my head, doctors telling me there was nothing wrong with me, doctors patronizing me, doctors ignoring me, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

you have to be your own advocate, educate yourself, push your ideas, you are the customer, this is your body, your life, don’t just settle, FIGHT DAMN IT!!! get angry, do what ever it takes to motivate you to keep pushing, things can get better, but most just give up the fight and settle for whatever scraps the doctors will give them. God has some amazing plans for you and I, but we can’t realize them if we just sit back and let life pass us by. For me, I was able to hold onto the fact that there was a purpose I was going through everything I was facing. Maybe that purpose is to help others, maybe there are other reasons that I don’t know about yet, but I am glad I went through what I did. I have grown and am stronger now because of it, my appreciation of my wife who has stood by me, my appreciation for how precious my time is with my children, my appreciation for life overall.

Well put PureChance, I can tell you I’ve been through very similar experiences throughout the past year and you are spot on. Your words are encouraging and inspiring.

[quote]PureChance wrote:
fantastic on TRT… nope. I wasted a lot of time focusing just on TRT and getting nowhere.

fantastic once I figured out all of the other problems that were interfering with my Hormone balance… yes.

for me it took fixing my cortisol, Reverse T3, ferritin, Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Testosterone… and I can now say that things are moving along nicely.[/quote]

How did you go about fixing the above?

Cortisol: cortef or pregnenolone?
Reverse T3: T3 only?

In what order did you treat them?

I feel pretty darn good. I don’t know if fantastic is the right adjective, but I really don’t have anything to complain about. I feel good, my energy levels are way better than before I started, my junk works when I want it to and my libido is pretty good. I’ve lost some fat, and put on some muscle. I tackle problems instead of constantly worrying about them from the couch. I can watch Old Yeller without crying. lol. It’s hard to remember exactly what I felt like before I started, but I know my QOL wasn’t nearly this good.

One of the things I noticed is that shortly after I started Anastrozole and got my E2 in check, I felt like a million bucks for a month or so, especially in the libido department. I was so horny that my wife was pushing me away. I thought about it all of the time. That has tapered off to a managable level, but I still consider that feeling as my goal. My nature is to perfect things, so I will probably always be one to slightly tweak my protocol in search of the perfect balance. (Slowly and with meticulous logs of course) All in all, I am very happy with my decision to start TRT.

With that being said, I still feel like I have a slight metabolic issue that is more related to thyroid issues that hormone levels. Low temps, dry skin, hard to lose weight, 2.8TSH levels. It doesn’t really affect the way I feel so much, but I would certainly like to be able eat the amount of food required for me to build mass without packing fat on the belly so easily.

My protocol:

10 grams of Androgel.

Do these things truely improve the quality of life?

what “things” are you talking about?

If you have a hormone imbalance, insufficiency, etc. then yes, being on HRT and treating your condition with the appropriate medications and vitamins can have a drastic impact on your QOL.

if you are already health and everything is in balance, going on HRT could screw you up.

Chemman:
low cortisol = 20mg Hydrocortisone daily in 4x5mg tabs. use to be on 10mg sustained release twice daily.
high RT3 - I take 30mg T-3only every 4-6 hours.
I tried pregnenolone and DHEA several times, it always messes me up. I have a long thread about it title “My HRT Journey (so far)”

[quote]Lover95 wrote:
Do these things truely improve the quality of life?[/quote]

Great question!

I mean, who doesn’t want to go from sick to well?

I feel fantastic. Is it like “wow what will I tackle today” No not every day. BUT - those around me, wife, family etc. are AMAZED.

Sex - more intense, seems like i get bigger erections (wife thinks so), overall much much more fun in that dept.

Also - my wife says my skin looks refreshed, youthful again. There is nothing that I am aware of that makes you feel fantastic 24/7 but, TRT is pretty darn close and I am a fan.

Oh and I have been working out, doing cardio, eating better etc and that is not to be overlooked either.

Anyways- I am a fan, and a convert.

[quote]johnduaneyoung wrote:
I feel fantastic. Is it like “wow what will I tackle today” No not every day. BUT - those around me, wife, family etc. are AMAZED.

Sex - more intense, seems like i get bigger erections (wife thinks so), overall much much more fun in that dept.

Also - my wife says my skin looks refreshed, youthful again. There is nothing that I am aware of that makes you feel fantastic 24/7 but, TRT is pretty darn close and I am a fan.

Oh and I have been working out, doing cardio, eating better etc and that is not to be overlooked either.

Anyways- I am a fan, and a convert. [/quote]

I have the same overall sense of well being. However, I don’t consider it “fantastic”; it’s how normally functioning, healthy men are supposed to feel, whether they are healthy and functional because of medication or not.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

I have the same overall sense of well being. However, I don’t consider it “fantastic”; it’s how normally functioning, healthy men are supposed to feel, whether they are healthy and functional because of medication or not. [/quote]

Exactly ! Well said.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

I have the same overall sense of well being. However, I don’t consider it “fantastic”; it’s how normally functioning, healthy men are supposed to feel, whether they are healthy and functional because of medication or not. [/quote]

But is it really a stretch to say it feels fantastic given that you’ve been on the other side of the fence before and, as such, appreciate it more than those who have experienced nothing but that?

Do people with ‘normally’ functioning hormones ever step back and just appreciate how awesome it is to have everything working correctly as often as those who had to fight for it?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
My protocol: 10 grams of Androgel. [/quote]Is this all you are doing for TRT ?
BTW, I tried to pm you but I don’t think it worked. I have some questions re : Dr. Mellinger.

Brian

[quote]befoley wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
BTW, I tried to pm you but I don’t think it worked. I have some questions re : Dr. Mellinger.

Brian
[/quote]

Yes, that’s all I use. However, recently my skin has become quite dry because of the very cold weather, so I’m switching to Testim (better emollient) and waiting for an authorization for Testopel.

I don’t do PMs on here. Contact me with the information on my hub.

Where are you located?

Being on for over three years I can say that I feel better than I ever have. Only draw back is I am now giving blood every four weeks, too many RBC, and I have to pay 25.00.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]befoley wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

Brian
[/quote]

Yes, that’s all I use. However, recently my skin has become quite dry because of the very cold weather, so I’m switching to Testim (better emollient) and waiting for an authorization for Testopel.

I don’t do PMs on here. Contact me with the information on my hub.

Where are you located?
[/quote]
Suffolk County. I’ll try contacting you via your hub. Thanks.

You can’t contact me via the hub; you have to use my email, AIM name, or FB account listed in it.