Who Here Actually Competes?

I travel 70 miles there and back to a strongman gym, Hoping to compete next year under 90kg.

I started training strongman in Feb. 2010. I have competed twice this year and my third comp is next Saturday. I qualified for NAS nationals, but I am not going to do it this year.

Soon my pretties, soon I will also be able to say: I compete!

[quote]moosy wrote:

[quote]majik wrote:
I compete here in Ontario. Been competing for about two years now. Hoping to see my first year without an injury next year.[/quote]

I also compete in Ontario, never directly against Majik, but at some of the same comps…

Are you doing Carp Next week Majik?

Here are the videos of all my comps in the last 2 years.

www.youtube.com/user/Moosyiii88[/quote]

I’m injured right now, So no money to travel and can’t really use my left shoulder. Too bad, I wanted to do CARP.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

3whites, training for nats[/quote]

Legit, was wondering why I haven’t seen you out this way in a while… nats just didnt line up for me timing-wise, so the linden comp was my last comp this year until april or may of next year…

[quote]MJENKS71 wrote:
I compete[/quote]

Haha, yeah, I guess you could say that. the user name gives it away :slight_smile:

I compete and I have a crew here in Calgary, we train once a week. We have done 1 comp and are training for another in the fall, and then do the circuit of 4-5 next year. I regularly post our trainings and comp video on my youtube channel.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
I don’t think there are too many active competitors here but I would be one of them.[/quote]

Yeah, you’re the one who had the animals avatar, right? And you did a pro am in Hawaii?

[/quote]

Ya, that’s me. Bigger shows are HI’s strongest 08, placed 10th out of 20, can’t really remember to be honest, Kansas City Monsters of the mall 09, that was a plat show and won the HW class, Nats 09, 14th overall HW and 3rd in the 265’s.

I feel that as a middle weight I’m not bad. As a true HW I suck ass. Need to gain weight and my limit strength would need to go way up in order to actually compete at a bigger show. The top HW am’s are very strong, weight’s just keep getting heavier.

Monopoly

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]MJENKS71 wrote:
I compete[/quote]

Haha, yeah, I guess you could say that. the user name gives it away :-)[/quote]

I noticed that too and laughed to myself. Yay for the understatement.

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
I don’t think there are too many active competitors here but I would be one of them.[/quote]

Yeah, you’re the one who had the animals avatar, right? And you did a pro am in Hawaii?

[/quote]

Ya, that’s me. Bigger shows are HI’s strongest 08, placed 10th out of 20, can’t really remember to be honest, Kansas City Monsters of the mall 09, that was a plat show and won the HW class, Nats 09, 14th overall HW and 3rd in the 265’s.
[/quote]

Oh, I didnt even realize that, that means we competed against each other. I might recognize you if I saw you in that case. There were what, 15 265ers? If you made top 15 HW, how come you didnt do the arnold?

I compete. LW, cut to 200 for now when available. Going 230 for 2011 and not looking back.

I compete in Georgia mostly but did compete in the Beast of Blue Grass teen division as well. I train with Pierre Suter usually and The GA Crew when I can make the two hour drive I love those guys. I ship out to Fort Benning in 3 weeks and I am competing in Scott Helms show in Dalton on Oct 9 and 10 last show for a while I imagine :-((but I get to jump out of planes so its all good :-). Going teen light weight dropped almost 30 lbs for this show and military really not sure how its going to go.

I don’t post much anymore, but I compete in real life. I’m not always competitive, but I do compete.

And yes, I was already mentioned in the original post. I’m just being an attention whore. Look at me! Read my post!

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I didnt even realize that, that means we competed against each other. I might recognize you if I saw you in that case. There were what, 15 265ers? If you made top 15 HW, how come you didnt do the arnold?[/quote]

I’m not sure how many guys were in the 265 class?

And you are right, sorry about the final placing. For some reason I was thinking they took the top 12 and I was just out in 14th. I think it actually was they took the top 15 and I was 17th? Was soo pissed off about not making the cut I tried to block it from memory…

I didn’t know you were there or I would have said hello. I was the first guy to go out and finish the keg/sled drag. Thought I may actually win an event until Jenkins came out and just made it look like a toy.

Anyone on here train CLOSE to Harrisburg PA? Preferably somewhere with enough room to do events inside. I just moved up here and need a good place to prep for my next show. Thanks in advance!

Mike

Mike, pretty sure Haas is up that way. Not sure, I can find out if you want and get his number for you if you haven’t found something.

I make it up to Haas’ once a week usually, talk to him everyday. Im really looking for a gym thats cool with what I do. Im at a Golds right now but I dont think my 230lb Slater db is going to be a fan favorite nor will the apollons axle Im getting welded. I have everything I need, just need a gym to keep it minus Silver Sneakers and guys with lifting gloves.

also…Haas is about an hour and a half from Harrisburg too soi its a haul

In that case, google turns up a crossfit in Harrisburg. They’re almost always not only ok with what we do, but enthusiastic about it. I’ve trained events at 2 of them, just call them up, talk to the owner, see what they think.

You reppin that 230? Straight rediculous. You mind me asking what show you’re prepping for?

I compete :slight_smile:

edit: Only one competition so far… I got third place at the NAS Unleash Your Strength competition in Colorado over the summer. Some tough ladies in strongman :slight_smile: