Who Hates Fat People?

I think the general consensus is You hate people who are in a situation they dont like and instead of trying to fix it they dont do anything and just complain…

I feel the same way, I my be fat but i dont sit on the couch watching biggest loser eating a family size bag of chips crying about it.

I’m actually very fortunate because i dont have any health problems, I had a blood test a few months ago and i dont have high cholesterol or anything.

I’m making an effort to lose weight because i think ill be happier and more socially excepted by people.

[quote]streamline wrote:
So you still hate fat people, [/quote]

If I assert knowing more about logic than you do, does not necessarily imply I believe you have any knowledge at all in the field.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
I think the general consensus is You hate people who are in a situation they dont like and instead of trying to fix it they dont do anything and just complain…

I feel the same way, I my be fat but i dont sit on the couch watching biggest loser eating a family size bag of chips crying about it.

I’m actually very fortunate because i dont have any health problems, I had a blood test a few months ago and i dont have high cholesterol or anything.

I’m making an effort to lose weight because i think ill be happier and more socially excepted by people.[/quote]

I think this site is more anti-whining than anti-fat.

Some of course are anti-fat, but like all those gay bashers I think they attack in others what they secretly fear for themselves.

[quote]Petermus wrote:

A situation they can correct if they so choose. Let us also not forget there are fat people that have know intention of changing their live style. They also have zero problem tell others to mind their own business.

I have not met you but from what you’re saying I gather you are naturally a large framed person with to much excess weight on your frame. I have friends like you they carry 30-40lbs of excess weight but are quite active, they to tend to eat to much but it’s healthy food not garbage.

This goes to show your choice of foods are healthy, you just have a different metabolism than someone like myself.

I’m making an effort to lose weight because i think ill be happier and more socially excepted by people.[/quote]

You will be more than happier, you’ll be a new person. Everything will change in your life. An active life style is the ticket to a longer and more product life. At fifty I still rock’ rock with the best. Once you get there you will understand and remember never look back, you’ve already been there. The life you want is in front of you not behind. I wish you only success and a long and health life, giver hell Bro!

[quote]lixy wrote:
streamline wrote:
So you still hate fat people,

If I assert knowing more about logic than you do, does not necessarily imply I believe you have any knowledge at all in the field.[/quote]

I don’t think you have any knowledge. Just a big mouth and an ego you need to continuously stroke!

Lazy people in general piss me off. And fat people really dont bother me that much unless their body fat interferes with their job performance (I’m a soldier). I really dont have much of a problem with women being fat if they have an hourglass/pear shape, big huge bellies are gross.

Since I believe in feel will and individual responsability if your weight cause you to NOT be able help yourself or your family (i.e. my house is on fire and my fat ass cant run fast enough) you are really doing yourself a disservice.

Oh, wait! Those fat people that want all the seats on trains and planes to be bigger because they are to fat to fit in them, yeah I hate them. I mean all of those seats are kinda small but if your that big and you wanna fly you should pay for 2 seats. Its not the airlines fault that your so fat.

I don’t ‘HATE’ anyone per say,… but seeing someone who doesn’t at least TRY to take care of, or better themselves is a constant reminder of why I choose to do what I do.

My father has always been in horrible shape. I don’t mean he’s a little “out of shape”, he’s downright nasty fat. This is certainly the reason why my two brothers and myself have always tried to keep ourselves in decent shape, for health as well as vanity reasons (come on, you have to walk around in that body, at least try to be proud of it).

To echo what someone else said, I have all the respect in the world for someone who is unhappy with some aspect of themselves and is making a concerted effort to change it. But to the Fatties who try to convince the rest of us that they’re genuinely happy? I don’t buy it.

That fat chick from Wilson Phillips (singin group from a while ago) always said that she was so content… Until she had her damn stomach stappled, lost a ton of weight, and now writes a book about how miserable she was.

S

[quote]orion wrote:
I think this site is more anti-whining than anti-fat.[/quote]

That’s a fair assessment. People just need to have some self respect and help themselves. That’s all I ask for. They don’t have to be bodybuilders by any means, just have some self respect and dignity.

[quote]jawara wrote:
Lazy people in general piss me off. And fat people really dont bother me that much unless their body fat interferes with their job performance (I’m a soldier). I really dont have much of a problem with women being fat if they have an hourglass/pear shape, big huge bellies are gross. Since I believe in feel will and individual responsability if your weight cause you to NOT be able help yourself or your family (i.e. my house is on fire and my fat ass cant run fast enough) you are really doing yourself a disservice.

Oh, wait! Those fat people that want all the seats on trains and planes to be bigger because they are to fat to fit in them, yeah I hate them. I mean all of those seats are kinda small but if your that big and you wanna fly you should pay for 2 seats. Its not the airlines fault that your so fat.[/quote]

One day we here at T-Nation will be scoffed at, when our quads need 2 seats instead of one.

[quote]MikiB wrote:

One day we here at T-Nation will be scoffed at, when our quads need 2 seats instead of one.[/quote]

May the day my legs get that muscular come quickly :wink:

[quote]Petermus wrote:

I’d say that’s about right.

Your kind of attitude is right at home here. I’ve got relatives that are overweight farmers–they work 10-14 hour days of hard labor and eat relatively healthy. They have your kind of attitude, and I respect them immensely for the jobs they do day in and day out. Also, they raise grass fed beef because of the health benefits :). I don’t think any people here actually sneer at overweight people in the gym combatting their demons or disdain them. The willpower it took to get to the gym in the first place is a good thing.

We are a cynical bunch, unfortunately, so it may be that some people remain skeptical about others’ abilities to stay consistent and focused. We always see people come and go in the gym while we stay the course (every New Year’s we see the same situation repeat itself). I know I do. But I think as a whole, we’re the first people to recognize the monumental achievement of personal transformation and the focus that needs, and give high fives all around…Phill comes to mind, as do several others here.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
I have read quite a few negative comments about fat people in gyms (on other threads). My thoughts, I commend them for trying to improve their health. If we all snear and show disdain, they are more likely to quit and stay fat. It is better all around if we are polite and occasionally supportive.[/quote]

like 99% of the posts making fun of fat people in the gym is because hey are doing the most worthless shit ever, while taking up gym space.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
orion wrote:
I think this site is more anti-whining than anti-fat.

That’s a fair assessment. People just need to have some self respect and help themselves. That’s all I ask for. They don’t have to be bodybuilders by any means, just have some self respect and dignity.[/quote]

This site is pro-whining. Here we have an entire thread of people talking about how they HATE other people for being overweight. This site is anti shut the hell up and mind your own business.

I hate fat people who get so fat they need scooters and walk slow as hell and look like shit.

It makes me angry to see a 30y/o woman with tights on and har fat back hanging out waddeling over to a scooter so she can shop for chocolates.

But Im fat, so I cant realy have anything against fat people, ya know?

Self respect and dignity are hard for many people to come by. Many have been beat down their whole life, and often come to places like this hoping to find someone understanding to help them - but instead find insults and derision (especially if they meet someone like October Girl first).

Daily I see kids who are beat down by family and society - they have been born to the wrong race, resented by their family as another mouth to feed etc. I have this one kid right now (black, African/American) - can’t make eye contact with anyone. Perhaps the shyest kid I have ever seen. Hugely fat. He has ben shuffled around from family member to family member - dad killed, mom in jail. Now being raised for awhile by his grandma who resents having to raise another kid. I am doing my best to help him feel more confident and good about himself - but unfortunately he meets judgemental shitbags too often who reinforce his opinion that he is a nogood worthless person. Its hard to make any progress against 15 years of programming. Luckily the school I am at (despite all its heavy gangs, poverty etc) is pretty tolerant - I think because so many of the kids are so poor and have so little they understand others who are having a rough go of it.

Many people are fat for many reasons : they are a single mom working several jobs and have no health insurance and deal with depression by eating (because they can’t afford the doctor visit and the Prozac prescription). Some have physical disabilities.

Some like the guy above, have never had anyone invest 5 minutes in them. Nobody has ever shown any spark that they have worth as a human. They are too self conscious to go into a gym by themselves - they very well might meet assholes who talk “behind their back” (yet somehow loudly enough for them to hear) about how they are fat , have no self-respect, or criticize them for doing curls in the squat rack (but instead of trying to help them understand, they just criticize them loudly, although they just don’t know any better).

When we are older we can maintain our self esteem. When we are 4 years old we have poor filters for screening out shit that people say, and when everyone around us tells us we are crap they have no way of filtering it out. I think it might be impossible to have “self-respect” when we are an adult if nobody has ever shown us respect up until that time. I also think the change in a person might be miraculous if someone was kind enough to them once, and try and show them respect, or show them they are worth taking care of themselves.

I can remember a post I read on a BBing website about 10 years ago, the site was called THE ROCKS. The post was one of the members stories of being the fat kid. One of his gym teachers inspired him to lift. How he lifted and he found he became like that which he struggled against - he struggled against the iron, and over time he became like iron. It was a very eloquent post on a board that was a brotherhood of iron, and it colorfully portrayed how grateful he was for this one school teacher who showed him some value in himself by showing him some attention. And how this big muscular teacher encouraged him to lift. And how lifting changed his physique and his self-image.

[quote]streamline wrote:

I don’t think you have any knowledge. Just a big mouth and an ego you need to continuously stroke![/quote]

Excellent post. Funny too

Its all about self respect, we have a guy at work, eats nothin but cheetos and candies, looks like he is about to pop…and believe me he leaves the mens room unusable…its like a biological weapon, me and several other people are forced to go to the other floors…even to piss…

consequently everyone finds him absolutely disgusting…and yes we all laugh at him

I actually do hate fat people. There, I said it. Carrying around excess bodyfat for any reason other than bodybuilding represents a disgusting lack of self respect. The amount of time and effort required to maintain <20% bf (for males) is so minimal, that I can’t even comprehend the mindset of someone who refuses to put in their time.

some people have already said this but ill say it again, many people eat themselves to death because of emotional problems and the way we associate food, when your happy, lets all go out for milkshakes! sad… eat a pint of ben and jerry’s, almost every situation involves food.I think when i really realized it was when I order a pizza(rare) and thought I should have… while i wait for the pizza yay!..it occured to me a few times before but never really understood.

seriously, people eat when they are happy, sad, bored,angry it doesn’t stop. America’s 3x portions and 25x the fat diet doesnt help either