T Nation

Who Hates Fat People?

I’m Fat and I see alot of different posts on the forums involving fat people and how much people hate them, I was just wondering why?

I’m very good at sports, Ive been asked to join more than one school team (football,wresting, ultimate frisbee ect…)

Is it because people think I’m lazy because im fat… Btw i hate twinkes and I dont eat alot of junk food… I eat alot of regular food. fast food most of the time is once a month or not at all…summer maybe 5 or 6 times

Coming from a FFB, everyone hates fat people. You don’t even realize what I mean by everyone until you’re no longer fat. It’s kind of upsetting cause you realize what people really thought of you…

Not just fat people. They have to be lazy fat people to qualify for my disdain. Assuming you lift and eat right, then you’re OK.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Not just fat people. They have to be lazy fat people to qualify for my disdain. Assuming you lift and eat right, then you’re OK.[/quote]

Yeah same here. If you’re a good athelte I respect you. I don’t even think of fat athletes as fat. I think of my dad as fat.

No I don’t. Its like saying I hate black people or Asians because some of them irritate me therefore all of them irritate me. If your a fat lazy asshole, then yeah I wont like you it doesn’t change if your in shape either.

Fat, not really.

But the morbidly obese fuckers that want me to feel sorry for them can go to hell.

what shizen and ghost said.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
I’m Fat and I see alot of different posts on the forums involving fat people and how much people hate them, I was just wondering why?

I’m very good at sports, Ive been asked to join more than one school team (football,wresting, ultimate frisbee ect…)

Is it because people think I’m lazy because im fat… Btw i hate twinkes and I dont eat alot of junk food… I eat alot of regular food. fast food most of the time is once a month or not at all…summer maybe 5 or 6 times[/quote]

If you’re an athlete that’s slightly on the chubby side, then you fit into the T-Nation demographic pretty well, I would think.

You will not find a lot of sympathy for genuinely fat people here though, that’s the honest truth. Most view it as a temporary state that should be changed.

as a fat bastard myself, i find the lazy ones, or the weird ones (NAFAA eg) really make us all look bad. though to be honest, id rather be slightly fat than skinny

I have read quite a few negative comments about fat people in gyms (on other threads). My thoughts, I commend them for trying to improve their health. If we all snear and show disdain, they are more likely to quit and stay fat. It is better all around if we are polite and occasionally supportive.

If they’re trying to do something about it, i don’t mind, i just have a general disdain for anyone who lets them self go that far without trying ANYTHING to stop it.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
If they’re trying to do something about it, i don’t mind, i just have a general disdain for anyone who lets them self go that far without trying ANYTHING to stop it.[/quote]

same here.

i’ve worked with some people that have severe handicaps (parkinsons, spinal cord injuries), and these people were working their ass off just to be able to function somewhat normally (even at a low level). People who can move freely have a great gift, and when they choose to waste it, it’s a shame.

then again, as someone on here said, fat people make you look that much better, lol

I only have a problem with fatties who promote being fat as if it’s glorious, and who talk shit about people who are in good shape.

Basically, I can’t stand when fat people try to talk shit about the foods I eat, such as when I’m at work or what not.

I don’t hate fat people. What I don’t like, however, is the fact that a lot of fat people don’t do what’s necessary to help themselves out, all while complaining about their situation.

I don’t like lazy people. Some people are skinny and lazy, some people are fat and lazy. Either way, they’re still lazy and don’t do anything to help themselves out, and that’s what I don’t like.

But fat people, no, I don’t hate fat people.

Nono, I’m pretty sure people here hate obese people.

Coming from a FFB, going from 260 to 190, I’d have to say the biggest thing holding people back from dropping to at least 15%BF, is their social circle.

I missed many drinking nights, many social outings. But fuck it was worth it.

For some people, this stuff is a lot harder to give up.

I’m talking about decent hard working folk here, not the “sue McDonalds because I eat there every day”. Those people make me sick.

Fat people are fine.

Fat people that whine about how they’re fat but refuse to put the work in to change it… well, I hate them.

I don’t hate fat people. However, just like anyone else, if I meet someone and they are fat, I have a tendency to make that an integral part of at least the first impression I have of them. No, this doesn’t mean that I automatically assume that they live at Krispy Kreme. It simply becomes a defining characteristic. I think this is why when people lose weight it is viewed by many as this GIGANTIC change to the transformed persons’ persona. The whole “fat and happy” stigma sort of leaves the person, and I believe this allows this person to be more free to be theirself without restraint.

This isn’t always the case. Some folks are fat and don’t let that make them insecure at all. More power to them, I say.

When it comes down to it, it is the person’s individual values that makes their life affected or unaffected by their weight.

Honestly, I think many of the health problems associated with being fat stem from the increased stress of worrying what the fatness itself makes people think of you.

I’ve been there, and, having just dropped down from 230 lbs. to 179 lbs. in four months, I can honestly say that I’m more open to others and happy with myself than ever before. That’s saying a lot when on a low-carb diet :wink:

It’s the lack of self respect that burns my butt. But for some they grew up in the life style, but once you’re old enough to know better one really should do something about it.

I have more respect for those that have or are combating the problem than those that make up excuses and give up after a couple months of trying. It’s a long hard road but it took awhile to get there, so it will take a while to get back.

Like the previous posts stated, it the lazy stuff their face with the worst foods possible and whine and snivel about all their problems that really annoy me. I really like that t.v. show the world biggest loser, these individuals are doing the hardest thing they will ever have to do, and doing it in front of millions of viewers. Plus they are showing others that think there is no hope that there is hope. Super role models.

I hate haters more than I hate fat people.

[quote]lixy wrote:
I hate haters more than I hate fat people.[/quote]

So you still hate fat people, but not as much as you hate yourself I can live with that!