Who Has Done the V-Diet?

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Did it, worst idea ever.[/quote]

Agreed. I did it and lost mostly muscle. My strength went through the floor and my waist didn’t even decrease after dropping nearly 20lbs which means most of that loss was just water and lean body mass. I would recommend that people who are actually carrying enough size to stand out avoid this like the plague.

It may work for someone who is fairly small or just beginning, but this is not for larger intermediate or advanced lifters who are used to taking in significantly more calories to maintain and gain.

I am dropping weight now (actually, I don’t want to drop WEIGHT, just body fat). I am just reducing carbs and adding cardio. My strength is staying the same if not increasing a little and I feel much better throughout the day.

I treat patients so feeling like shit all day long for a diet is a no-go.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I treat patients so feeling like shit all day long for a diet is a no-go.[/quote]

Did you complete the 28-days?

I hear you on the patient thing, it’s obviously very important you’re on your game, I’d hate to be in your chair (if you felt anything like I did).
I didn’t find it too fair to be training clients while I was half out of it

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I treat patients so feeling like shit all day long for a diet is a no-go.

Did you complete the 28-days?

I hear you on the patient thing, it’s obviously very important you’re on your game, I’d hate to be in your chair (if you felt anything like I did).
I didn’t find it too fair to be training clients while I was half out of it[/quote]

I completed nearly 3weeks before I woke up and put an end to the catabolism happening.

I dont necessarily agree with the V-Diet, I think if you train with high intensity and keep a food diary you shouldnt need it. I started counting my calories fat protein and carbs, then i learned to manipulate my diet in a way that was effective for me. I am still working on that, but I could see how this diet could give you some very negative effects personally. Just my 2 cents…

Interesting turn of events up in here.

Dave_ great post.

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
Honestly, JF, why are you doing this?

If you’re determined to cut for the summer, go for it, but just keep in mind that you WILL get weaker (assuming you have semi-decent numbers).

Seriously, look into the G-flux thing. It’s a LOT harder than the V-Diet, but this will be your best shot at maintaining mass if you want to cut a little bit quicker than you probably should. Increase kcals IN, and drastically increase kcals OUT.

You probably already know many of these, but I’ll list them anyway. If your current training is working well, simply add in some of the following;

*No simple sugars, stick to complex carbs even after training. Less carbs overall (carb-cycling is best).

*Cardio (low intensity, assuming you are training hard and heavy) 10-20mins each day, seperate from weight training.

*Decrease total volume of each training session, and perform more sessions per week (possibly the most effective option, but I realise this may be impractical).

*Add 1 or 2 training sessions involving heavier circuits/complexes. For example, a circuit involving legpress/chins/OHP or similar for low reps/high volume will rip fat off you like crazy.

You get out of this sport what you put into it. Ultimately, the V-diet is a complete cop out. Try a couple of things above and you’ll see how much harder it is, and how much better the results are.
[/quote]

Great post!

I wouldn’t try the V-Diet simply because of the before/after photos thread - most of them basically look the same afterwards. However, a lot of the people doing it don’t have any muscle to begin with, so it’s hard to judge what someone who had at least some muscle would look like after doing it. Oh, and it costs a ridiculous amount of money.

[quote]w00tage wrote:
I wouldn’t try the V-Diet simply because of the before/after photos thread - most of them basically look the same afterwards. However, a lot of the people doing it don’t have any muscle to begin with, so it’s hard to judge what someone who had at least some muscle would look like after doing it. Oh, and it costs a ridiculous amount of money.[/quote]

I would say there about 5 of them that showed really good progress.

[quote]w00tage wrote:
a lot of the people doing it don’t have any muscle to begin with, [/quote]

Think about that for a sec… this diet is genius… It’s attracting people totally out of shape who will just pump out $700, not eat, and just take whatever Biotest gives them.

They must be making a fortune. Good for them. Its too bad that 95% of those people (being generous) will go back to food and gain it all back without learning anything about how they should be eating…

Then they can come back next year and drop another $700!! Genius I tell you! Why didn’t I come up with the Vagina-Diet?

[quote]DJS wrote:
w00tage wrote:
a lot of the people doing it don’t have any muscle to begin with,

Think about that for a sec… this diet is genius… It’s attracting people totally out of shape who will just pump out $700, not eat, and just take whatever Biotest gives them.

They must be making a fortune. Good for them. Its too bad that 95% of those people (being generous) will go back to food and gain it all back without learning anything about how they should be eating…

Then they can come back next year and drop another $700!! Genius I tell you! Why didn’t I come up with the Vagina-Diet?[/quote]

I think Waylander had a bit of an argument with one of them over that actually, lol. Apparently they learn good nutritional habits and keep the weight off afterwards… apparently.

You’re absolutely right though, the whole thing is genius. I would be tempted into doing it, simply because all I have to do is follow some exact plan.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
w00tage wrote:
I wouldn’t try the V-Diet simply because of the before/after photos thread - most of them basically look the same afterwards. However, a lot of the people doing it don’t have any muscle to begin with, so it’s hard to judge what someone who had at least some muscle would look like after doing it. Oh, and it costs a ridiculous amount of money.

I would say there about 5 of them that showed really good progress. [/quote]

I only remember one male, possibly two, who have made decent transformations (I think one of them was called Nick or something like that). Some of the women have done decently, since it’s a lot easier for them - the muscle thing isn’t important.

It would be nice to see pictures (before & afters) of people with decent amounts of muscle who have done the diet.

I think that if I did choose to do it, I would plan my own workouts. The ones they have you follow don’t work particularly well imo, so I’d rather do my own thing.

[quote]DJS wrote:
w00tage wrote:
a lot of the people doing it don’t have any muscle to begin with,

Then they can come back next year and drop another $700!! Genius I tell you! Why didn’t I come up with the Vagina-Diet?[/quote]

Eat pussy and lose weight? I’m in. shows the cash

I did it a couple of years back. my synopsis:

It’s a great way to lose 15-20 lbs. in a short time frame, but be prepared to feel like dog shit, lose strength, and shrink noticeably.

I don’t think it’s completely useless, but honestly…someone who has their training and nutrition in order ought not need a diet like this.

[quote]Itchy wrote:

I don’t think it’s completely useless, but honestly…someone who has their training and nutrition in order ought not need a diet like this.[/quote]

One time some months back I questioned HH on whether or not he even trains or just trolls around these forums. He linked me to his V-Diet log and I responded that him using the V-Diet is proof in and of itself that he doesn’t take his training that seriously. So yeah, this is basically a long winded post of saying I agree.

I completely agree with what all of the guys have said, I would not do te V-Diet myself. I don’t want to bash on the OP but I think you should’ve asked more questions before starting something like this, to know what you were getting yourself into. That is a huge investment to quit only 4 days into it…call me dumb or whatever you want, but I believe you have to finish what you start and see what happens…

It was the first thing I did when I started training. I dropped 16 lbs, and went from pretty fat with a little muscle to skinny fat with no muscle at all. The whole “after this you’ll only crave good foods” spiel is of course complete bollocks.

I’ll say one good thing for it, though. I showed myself that I could live off of protein shakes for 28 days, and it got me back to training. Even so, I would never recommend it to anyone.

[quote]Strength/power wrote:
I completely agree with what all of the guys have said, I would not do te V-Diet myself. I don’t want to bash on the OP but I think you should’ve asked more questions before starting something like this, to know what you were getting yourself into. That is a huge investment to quit only 4 days into it…call me dumb or whatever you want, but I believe you have to finish what you start and see what happens…[/quote]

You’re right, I probably should have read more about people’s experiences with it. The most I read was people saying they got tired of the shakes. I personally don’t tire of protein shakes taste wise, but this was different.

Besides, while I did just spend $475 on supps, they are all supplements that I regularly use (except HOT-ROX and my fiance uses that), so I got enough Metabolic Drive in case nuclear disaster happens :wink:

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
It was the first thing I did when I started training. I dropped 16 lbs, and went from pretty fat with a little muscle to skinny fat with no muscle at all. The whole “after this you’ll only crave good foods” spiel is of course complete bollocks.

[/quote]

I dunno, I love pancakes, ice cream, pizza a lot. And while I was super hungry, it got to a point where I wasn’t interested in that stuff, because I already felt like shit. It gets rid of cravings, one way or another lol

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
The whole “after this you’ll only crave good foods” spiel is of course complete bollocks.
[/quote]

I think anyone who has dieted at all can agree with that. I don’t “crave” fast food or eat it the way I did about a month ago when I was just maintaining/gaining, however, much of that has to do with me just wanting to see more progress. I know if I really wanted to, I could probably knock out 20+ chicken wings without blinking and still may on a cheat meal.

Going without certain foods for a period of time does not erase your desire for those foods. The only thing that can do that is full knowledge of the effects of those foods and your own desire to make physical progress.

I used to eat those Zingers cream filled pieces of crap when I was in middle school from time to time. I doubt I could stomach one those now because I see it as “fake food” with a ton of sugar.