Who Grows a Fruit/Veg Garden?

They growclike crazy just like tomatillos but they are small and sweet more on the desert list type.

Today’s fresh pick🤯

1 Like

My little garden isn’t nearly as well planned as you guys, but I picked some fun stuff today.

2 Likes

Somethings been Munching on my pumpkin plant

Peppers are coming in nicely though

2 Likes

The best broccoli I ever grew was supplemented with Selenium. Look up what Selenium in the right subtle amounts does to the amino acid profile of broccoli. It’s pretty cool.

It is starting to look like fall is near. But the garden is still generous.

Tonight is garden ratatouille for dinner with a side of pepper corn squash.

3 Likes

Still getting new ones.

Kiddo getting some atlas pumpkin lifts in:

:grinning:

3 Likes

The season is coming to an end here in zone 5a

I am trading tomatoes and tomatilloes for other stuff.

I still have room for more peppers.
I have a lot of tomato base stuff for the next year.

Just bought 3 more blueberry and 2 raspberry bushes.

This week end, we should re do the greenhouse roof.

Today I made some green tomatoes chow chow.

3 Likes

My red okra finally started flowering

It truly is a beautiful plant.

2 Likes

Let us see the pod.

Cleaned out the rest of my pepper beds … will be making sauces and powders the next few days … fun stuff

3 Likes

A storm last night wreaked havoc on my okra. Looks like most of the stems survived but they are bent over now.

2 Likes

Never seen color like that.
It’s still in the 90s here, and okra still growing

1 Like

Closing the garden, the greenhouse has a few more weeks to go.

2 Likes

The kale keeps growing ….

1 Like

yea, I still have Kale, Chard and Brussels … tons of kale.

About to start my garlic in a couple weeks (still too warm)

I started my Kale last week. so far so good and the temperature at night this week is dropping into the 60s so that should help.

Also, my everglades tomato plant has shot up tremendously in the last week. I think i need to build a support structure for it soon.

1 Like

Green stuff is still hanging in there. Most days are mid to high 60s, into the 50s at night, but the kale and bell peppers are moving along.

Even the two big basils I let go to flower are doing pretty great. And there are still bees around who appreciate it.

Even had a tithonia sprout petals like two weeks ago. It’s only about two feet tall and won’t do much, but it’s something pretty. Of course, I planted 12 of 'em and birds or something ate the first 10.

3 Likes

Everglades tomatoes are coming in nicely so far. This one of a number of bunches of tomatoes forming with new flowers blooming almost daily.

Kale is also starting to grow well. Hopefully with cooler weather (low 70s during the day) coming it won’t bolt.

Mizuna Red streaks mustard coming in now too.

Florida sucks in August but it’s nice to grow year round.
Edit: Everglades tomatoe plant still coming in great.

2 Likes

I just pre-planted my pumpkins for next year.

We used some for Halloween and have a couple still for eating. Since natural germination worked out so well last year we just took a few and put them in some turned over dirt in the part of the yard we want them to grow in.

We’ll probably add some butternut squash for next year too, and definitely doing the beans again. They were a lot of fun & maybe I’ll end up making a trellis of some sort for them this winter.

1 Like