Who Gets Accused of Steroid Usage?

It’s not all that difficult to get to where people accuse you of taking steroids. People seem to think that putting on muscle, not even large amounts of muscle, just muscle, is impossible without steroids.
visible musce = omg he must be on that juice

I’m standing at the urinal yesterday and some kid from my Spanish comes into the bathroom. “Damn dude you got huge. What kinda steroids you on?”
I didn’t turn around, just started laughing at the awkwardness of the situation along with the voice he said it in.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
I honestly can’t wait until the day another serious lifter asks me with a striaght face “Do you juice?”. Then that’ll probably mean I’m actually am carrying some damn good size for my frame:D.[/quote]

Ditto, if/when people start asking me if I take steroids will be a glorious day indeed.

[quote]Artem wrote:
It’s not all that difficult to get to where people accuse you of taking steroids. People seem to think that putting on muscle, not even large amounts of muscle, just muscle, is impossible without steroids.
visible musce = omg he must be on that juice

I’m standing at the urinal yesterday and some kid from my Spanish comes into the bathroom. “Damn dude you got huge. What kinda steroids you on?”
I didn’t turn around, just started laughing at the awkwardness of the situation along with the voice he said it in.[/quote]

Well, if you turned around you would’ve pee’d all over him and that would’ve been bad. They might’ve associated it with some roid-rage or the latest creatine-rage.

Glad this thread is finally getting serious.
I still think that the OP is a tool

[quote]JLu wrote:
Ditto, if/when people start asking me if I take steroids will be a glorious day indeed.[/quote]

I get rather annoyed/insulted when non-lifters ask me if I’ve ever juiced.

I’ve worked my ass off to build the physique I have.

I’ve squatted until the room started spinning, I’ve stuffed my face with pounds of chicken on a daily basis, and I’ve given up many nights out at the bars to get my work out in. For years.

The problem is that the general public believes that steroids are magical drugs that turn average guys into brick houses with no work. People believe that if a guy has an impressive physique, he only got that way from juicing (which could not be farther from the truth).

It really bothers me because these assumptions and beliefs completely undermine all the hard work, dedication, sacrifice and suffering I’ve put into building my physique.

Average people are extremely judgmental about an individual’s character and integrity when it comes to steroid use, and the label carries an extremely negative connotation in American society. I don’t want to be labeled as taboo and judged for something I never did.

So yeah, it bothers me when an acquaintance or a random guy at a bar asks me if I use gear. Fuckin haters.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
I honestly can’t wait until the day another serious lifter asks me with a striaght face “Do you juice?”. Then that’ll probably mean I’m actually am carrying some damn good size for my frame:D.[/quote]

Serious lifters are another story, since they have background knowledge and a fundamental understanding of how much effort it really takes to build a decent amount of muscle.

Legitimate gym rats can usually tell which guys use gear without even having to ask:)

I’ve never used steroids. I don’t have negative opinions about educated steroid use and don’t think less of someone who has chosen to use. I respect their commitment and drive. I’m enjoying learning about steroids (the science is fascinating) and one day may turn to the dark side…but not yet

[quote]Big Aristotle wrote:
Glad this thread is finally getting serious.
I still think that the OP is a tool

[/quote]

Think what you want Big Aristotle. As it’s been said before, the general population of people who don’t lift see people with some muscle and they go apeshit. That’s why I, 164 pounds, (weighed this morning,) love it. I love how fuckin easy it is to impress them, I know I’m not the only one and shiiiit I 'd say I deserve it. I work out and eat. Reguardless of my weight.

[quote]Corrosion wrote:
Believe it or not, there are alot of ignorant people(usually teenage girls) who truly think that if someone is slightly lean that they must be some kind of work-out-aholic bodybuilder.

[/quote]

So fucking true man.

There was this girl that messaged me on some asian community website. she started talking to me because I posted that pic of my avatar in my profile. She thought I was shallow and totally obsessed with my body and looked in the mirror 24/7 JUST because I enjoyed working out. IGNORANT!

[quote]pushharder wrote:

I know I’m shallow, totally obsessed with my body, look in the mirror 24/7 and enjoy working out but I balance all that with the fact that I want to help end world hunger. So I’m OK.[/quote]

ahaha ~ me too.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
Corrosion wrote:
Believe it or not, there are alot of ignorant people(usually teenage girls) who truly think that if someone is slightly lean that they must be some kind of work-out-aholic bodybuilder.

So fucking true man.

There was this girl that messaged me on some asian community website. she started talking to me because I posted that pic of my avatar in my profile. She thought I was shallow and totally obsessed with my body and looked in the mirror 24/7 JUST because I enjoyed working out. IGNORANT![/quote]
Well uh, you posted a pic of you with your shirt off with your nice beach body, on some Asian message board, and with the head cut off, to eliminate any hint of personality.
just sayin

Oh and you fail 'cuz you didn’t fuck her. Why do you think she messaged you? She wanted some of that buff Yao Ming action and was playing hard to get.
You fucked up son.

[quote]eric_lacrosse wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
O M G H I 2U

What does this mean?[/quote]

Seriously, what does this mean?

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
shiiiit I 'd say I deserve it. I work out and eat. Reguardless of my weight.
[/quote]
So does the 400lb black lady who does a machine circuit. What’s your point?

haha, the ref at my soccer game on Monday joked around that he’d have to test me for HGH. That made my night, lol.

Sadly, I have the opposite problem. At work, at the pub drinking with friends, strolling down the dry goods section at the supermarket, people will randomly come up to and say “Dude, you are soooooooo not on steroids!!!,”. I look at them incredulously at their hateful rudeness and wonder how they could be so brazen.

I tells them 'Oh, please you’re trying to tell me I don’t look like I’m on 2grams of Sustanon per week with a 3 gram front load of cypionate stacked with D-Bol weeks week 1 thru 8. And, they says No.

I hate this world.

D

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
Stength4life wrote:

[/quote]

There’s a big difference between me and the 400 lb hispanic lady,(I changed her race) I’m not going to adress why my body is better than her’s because that is just wrong, and your comparison doesn’t make any sense.

I agree that we sometimes forget how skewed normal folks’ perception of what constitutes 'huge is, but the OP makaing these statements is just ridiculous.

I can only assume that people are f-ing with him. There are 2 young kids at my gym we jokingly call ‘Dexter’ and ‘Jay’. Obviously it’s NOT because they’re huge and shredded -lol. Still,…

I have been asked over the years, moreso when I’m weighing around 220, but even now,(weighing a lot less) as my bodyfat is into the single digits, some people just don’t understand how i can be losing fat w/o losing muscle without steroids (dumbasses). Uninformed people create most of the grief I experience in the gym. When a kid asks me what i take, and I tell him ‘A lot of EFAs, and extra Leucine’, he never knows what do think.

S

ninjaboy wrote:
Stength4life wrote:

There’s a big difference between me and the 400 lb hispanic lady,(I changed her race) I’m not going to adress why my body is better than her’s because that is just wrong, and your comparison doesn’t make any sense.[/quote]

Sure it does. You’re both F’ing delusional. But hey, what do I know, I’m not the “big weighlifting guru”. If you really think you’ve made good progress, more power to you. I hope the weather’s nice on your planet.

ninjaboy wrote:
Stength4life wrote:

There’s a big difference between me and the 400 lb hispanic lady,(I changed her race) I’m not going to adress why my body is better than her’s because that is just wrong, and your comparison doesn’t make any sense.[/quote]

Please stop talking about the 400lb Chinese lady. All of this negative attention has embarassed her so much that she has had to change her race again.