Who Else is Getting Results?

me
I’m trying to get up to 210lbs right now. Chest at 50-51in. and arms at around 16.5in. Everything else has improved a lot too, but I don’t measure it.

Leaned out from 233 earlier this year down to 198; am holding at that weight currently.

Arms, chest, shoulders back and legs are all bigger than they were. Don’t really know what the measurements are. Won’t bother checking until I have a decent transformation.

Had to take a break from benching, so right now it’s just been seated military presses, BTN presses, pullups, rows and dips. Plan to break into the 400’s in the next 3 weeks or so with my snatch grip deads off a platform.

Diet wise, I finally have some money to spare and the financial situation at home is squared away, so I’ll be stuffing myself with clean foods.

[quote]Artem wrote:
me
I’m trying to get up to 210lbs right now. Chest at 50-51in. and arms at around 16.5in. Everything else has improved a lot too, but I don’t measure it.[/quote]

I recently got up to 210, with similar arm measurements but nowhere near the chest size.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
elusive wrote:
*P.S. Hey Austin, whats your leg routine look like?

Well I used to do a lot of squating but my legs never really responded well, maybe it’s because I’m 6’2" but I could never get them to grow well. So due to that, and a kneee injury I dropped squats out of my routine. I found hack squats and the plate loaded squat machine hit my quads much better. My routine looks something like this.

[/quote]

That is interesting. My legs are a weak point, but I put it down to not enough weight on the bar. My ass grows though. I work out at home to but am looking at going back into a gym eventually. Never heard or even thought of this approach.

i have not made any progress since the summer due to shitty injuries that im terrible at dealing with, god dammit

[quote]hardgnr wrote:

My legs are a weak point, but I put it down to not enough weight on the bar. My ass grows though.[/quote]

Weight on the bar is important, this is something X will tell you, however as Scott Abel says, load isn’t whats on the bar, but the stress on the muscle, you can put stress on the muscle is many ways. Especially with legs my friend. Go heavy and go high rep( fucking your shit up, putting so much stress on the muscle it feels like 500 pound squat for reps).

Branch Warren and Tony Freeman are high rep mofo’s and im sure they go heavy aswel. On leg day/quad day if your not barely able to walk your not goin hard enough.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
elusive wrote:

Well I used to do a lot of squating but my legs never really responded well, maybe it’s because I’m 6’2" but I could never get them to grow well. So due to that, and a kneee injury I dropped squats out of my routine. I found hack squats and the plate loaded squat machine hit my quads much better. My routine looks something like this.

All sets are pyramided, last set is about 4-6 reps.

Hack Squats
Plate Loaded Squat Machine
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Goodmoring/GHR
Leg Curls
Single Leg Standing Leg Curls

Then for calves (my worst bodypart)
Seated raises
Standing Raises
Donkey Raises
Leg Press Calf Raises (that’s the only way I know to explain them)

It’s been going pretty good so far. I can use over 700 pound on the plate loaded squat machine, and 400+ on the hack squat. My legs are much better than they’ve ever been.

Now I’m alittle jealous of that deadlift. Deads have always been a strong point, but until injury (due to poor form) I haven’t done deads seriously in around 8 months+. Whats your dead/back routine look like, I’d really love to get my numbers back up.[/quote]
What do you do for your lower back since you don’t do deads or squats?

[quote]paul496 wrote:
hardgnr wrote:

My legs are a weak point, but I put it down to not enough weight on the bar. My ass grows though.

Weight on the bar is important, this is something X will tell you, however as Scott Abel says, load isn’t whats on the bar, but the stress on the muscle, you can put stress on the muscle is many ways.

Especially with legs my friend. Go heavy and go high rep( fucking your shit up, putting so much stress on the muscle it feels like 500 pound squat for reps). Branch Warren and Tony Freeman are high rep mofo’s and im sure they go heavy aswel. On leg day/quad day if your not barely able to walk your not goin hard enough.

[/quote]

Yea I should probably try higher reps. I usually do around 5x5 on my legs. Usually by the end of the first exercise(front squats) I’m pretty fucking tired and struggle to get through the rest of the workout. I nearly always have sore legs for 5 days afterwards too so I figure I am doing something right, but the results don’t seem to be there.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
paul496 wrote:
hardgnr wrote:

My legs are a weak point, but I put it down to not enough weight on the bar. My ass grows though.

Weight on the bar is important, this is something X will tell you, however as Scott Abel says, load isn’t whats on the bar, but the stress on the muscle, you can put stress on the muscle is many ways.

Especially with legs my friend. Go heavy and go high rep( fucking your shit up, putting so much stress on the muscle it feels like 500 pound squat for reps). Branch Warren and Tony Freeman are high rep mofo’s and im sure they go heavy aswel. On leg day/quad day if your not barely able to walk your not goin hard enough.

Yea I should probably try higher reps. I usually do around 5x5 on my legs. Usually by the end of the first exercise(front squats) I’m pretty fucking tired and struggle to get through the rest of the workout.

I nearly always have sore legs for 5 days afterwards too so I figure I am doing something right, but the results don’t seem to be there.[/quote]

Everybody is different and thats the beauty of bodybuilding but for me i only do about 10 sets in a quad session. Today i only did 9 sets. 7 sets of squats and 2 sets leg extension… a mix of heavy and high reps.

When i’ve done the work required for growth i leave. You wanna get fucked up’d but you should know when you’ve done what you need to do. Theres a close line between doing the required amount and doing too much. How many sets you doing in a session?

[quote]paul496 wrote:

When i’ve done the work required for growth i leave. You wanna get fucked up’d but you should know when you’ve done what you need to do. Theres a close line between doing the required amount and doing too much. How many sets you doing in a session?
[/quote]

I’d probably say around 10. But like I said, I’m usually fucked after squats and its hard to keep a good amount of intensity going.

I’ve recently split my leg day into 2, so quads/hams which might help. With this I only got 8 sets on my quads before I literally collasped mid-set with 11lb db’s doing lunges lol…it was definately the hardest leg workout I have done in a while and it was only half the legs at that so possibly this will help.

[quote]elusive wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
elusive wrote:

Hack Squats
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Goodmoring/GHR
Leg Curls

Seated raises
Standing Raises
Donkey Raises

It’s been going pretty good so far. I can use over 700 pound on the plate loaded squat machine, and 400+ on the hack squat. My legs are much better than they’ve ever been.

Now I’m alittle jealous of that deadlift. Deads have always been a strong point, but until injury (due to poor form) I haven’t done deads seriously in around 8 months+. Whats your dead/back routine look like, I’d really love to get my numbers back up.

Thats interesting. I’ve been back squating, front squating, wide stanced and narrow stanced, to no luck. I always wondered if I don’t respond as well to them, as I would to say, hack squats. I work out at home and have been planning on investing in a leg press/hack squat.

Until then I gotta deal with my glute/ham dominate squats. lol. Anyways, thanks for the routine, its something I will definitly implement once I get all the equipment I need.

As for my back day. I do 4 exercises for my back, with 4 sets per exercise.

1)Deadlifts (450x12)(450x12)(475x6)(500x4)
2)BentOver BB Rows (235x10)for 4 sets
3)ChinDowns(supinated lat pull downs) (170x12) for 4 sets

• I pull these down to my chest, with a close grip.
    4)Low Rope Pulls(Dante mentioned these on the DC thread)
    (110x12) for 4 sets.
  • I might sub in Rack chins or one arm dumbell rows here.

That was my last back day and so far I’ve managed to add more weight or reps to each workout. I don’t like going past 12 reps, so I up the weights on the sets I did 12 on and aim for at least 6-8. [/quote]

Awesome deadlift. Especially for your weight.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
paul496 wrote:

I’d probably say around 10. But like I said, I’m usually fucked after squats and its hard to keep a good amount of intensity going.

I’ve recently split my leg day into 2, so quads/hams which might help. With this I only got 8 sets on my quads before I literally collasped mid-set with 11lb db’s doing lunges lol…it was definately the hardest leg workout I have done in a while and it was only half the legs at that so possibly this will help.[/quote]

Hopefully it will. I do quads and hams on different days aswel. Keep a log or bring a sheet of paper with you to the gym to write down the weight and reps. Apart from that as long you are eating right i dunno why legs arent responding??

But everyone i think has that certain muscle, my bi’s are my weaker muscle, but they will come baby!! Good luck with bringing em on

[quote]Artem wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
elusive wrote:

Hack Squats
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Goodmoring/GHR
Leg Curls

Seated raises
Standing Raises
Donkey Raises

Now I’m alittle jealous of that deadlift. Deads have always been a strong point, but until injury (due to poor form) I haven’t done deads seriously in around 8 months+. Whats your dead/back routine look like, I’d really love to get my numbers back up.

What do you do for your lower back since you don’t do deads or squats?

[/quote]

He mentioned Good mornings in his post.

im gaining weight somehow, but also accumulating a shit ton of injuries. i have this tendency to just say fuck it and go for something anyway, even if i fuck myself up in the process.

Nice thread going here…

I 5’10" and went from 168 to 188 with very little fat gain in the past 5 months. (I have a great metabolism)

Lifts are all up a lot although not anywhere near where I want them to be. Legs are still lagging but I’m working on it.

Going to continue with my mass phase (shooting for 200 lbs)until April or so and then cut down to single digits and see where I’m at. I’m probably sitting around 12-13% right now

Yea, I thought about starting one myself, great idea. First of all, congrats to everybody putting in the time and making progress.

Up to 210 from 180 (early september).

DB incline bench up (tripled rep number and amount of sets for same weights). Arms up to around 16.25 cold (still too small). At my leanest too (almost a full 6 pack while it’s not my goal). Just tweaked a muscle doing T-bar rows (225 for a couple reps, no spotter). Able to row the 90s with good form for 8 - 10 reps.

Weight gainer is definitely my friend right now. To whomever posted that Magnus youtube link, thanks. To all at T-Nation who are about adding the mass for years, thanks as well.

January to November I went from 190 to 225, now I’m leaning back down and dumping some of the unnecessary bf% but I’m so ready to start gaining again!

I’m just coming back from a huge layoff. I’m lucky my body didn’t loose much muscle mass. This week as well as the previous one have been of amazing results.

Pics in my profile/log show it better… Started my log in feb. by the end of sept I went from a weak 195lbs to 195lbs of a somewhat muscular build. Of course all my lifts jumped up.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/jdarkragets_log?id=1965792&pageNo=9
(pics are 8 months apart)

Currently sitting at 200lbs wanting to get to 220lb over the next 5 months.

Nice thread good to see people making progress!

[quote]jdarkraget wrote:
Pics in my profile/log show it better… Started my log in feb. by the end of sept I went from a weak 195lbs to 195lbs of a somewhat muscular build. Of course all my lifts jumped up.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/jdarkragets_log?id=1965792&pageNo=9
(pics are 8 months apart)

Currently sitting at 200lbs wanting to get to 220lb over the next 5 months.

Nice thread good to see people making progress!
[/quote]

Good quality progress…