Who Eats 1g Protein per Pound/BW?

Hi little buddies,

For the first time ever I have decide to count my macros. Only now I have realised that I am not eating the required amount of protein, which I thought I had been doing.

Weighing 200 pounds, Im aiming for 200 grams of protein.

Thats over 6 chicken breasts a day or 30 eggs a day or 6 steaks a day. Who actually eats that amount of protein?!

For example if I ate lets say 6 eggs for breakfast, one steak for lunch and 2 chicken breasts for dinner… that only gives me about 140 grams of protein. By the time I have included my veges and some carbs, I dont think I could really eat more than that, and I can out-eat anyone that I know.

So who here really eats a gram of protein for each pound of bodyweight? And how do you do it?

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,

For the first time ever I have decide to count my macros. Only now I have realised that I am not eating the required amount of protein, which I thought I had been doing.

Weighing 200 pounds, Im aiming for 200 grams of protein.

Thats over 6 chicken breasts a day or 30 eggs a day or 6 steaks a day. Who actually eats that amount of protein?!

For example if I ate lets say 6 eggs for breakfast, one steak for lunch and 2 chicken breasts for dinner… that only gives me about 140 grams of protein. By the time I have included my veges and some carbs, I dont think I could really eat more than that, and I can out-eat anyone that I know.

So who here really eats a gram of protein for each pound of bodyweight? And how do you do it?

tweet[/quote]

I’m 152 pounds and I hit 220 grams daily, within a 4-6 hour window (IF). Yesterday, for example, I had a post-workout shake, 9 oz chicken, 5 oz beef, 3 oz salmon, a CLIF builder’s bar, and a protein shake before bed (in terms of protein sources). I also had a huge salad, 1/4 pound of zucchini, 2 cups of rice, etc. I try to hit a quarter to half a pound of veggies a day (green beans, broccoli, etc.).

I count my macros and calories every day.

You must eat tiny stakes and chicken breasts.

I do. Just focus your meals around protein and become more macro conscious. Tuna, chicken, eggs, beans, peanut butter on stuff as an extra bit of protein. Protein powder also helps tremendously, although only about 60-80 grams of my protein comes from it per day. Yogurt helps too…

I easily hit 160-180/ day on a fat loss diet…

Here’s an example day I had at about 2k cals and a non workout day:

170g protein
108g carbs
99g fat

Breakfast:
2 slices center cut bacon, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup strawberries

Lunch:
6 oz mixed chicken (whole chicken chopped up)
3/12 cups spaghetti squash

Snack1
2 scoops MAG-10

Dinner:
6 oz filet w/ veggies

Bedtime:
2 tbsp natty pb on 1 rice cake
2scoops MAG-10

I do.

My daily protein sources and amounts are:
5 whole eggs
7 oz Lean ground beef
15 oz Chicken breast
6 oz Salmon
2 scoops Grow!

I think that comes out somewhere around 300g. I’m too lazy to double check.
I’m also not counting MAG-10 or Anaconda for my peri-workout.

I do, and I get it all from solid food. It’s not that hard once you get used to it. I get 180 - 200g a day fairly easily. If I’m a little under though I don’t stress about it, I gain just fine undershooting slightly every now and then, although I’d never drop under 160 unless I was having a cheating, eat-whatever-the-fuck-I-want kinda day.

Being able to cook good, high protein, tasty meals helps too.

19 Apr 2013

I do too, plus more. My usual daily protein consumption is around 1.5 grams per pound of LBM. Otherwise, I get cranky.

23 oz of skinless chicken breasts has 202g of protein. That’s less than three 8oz breasts. If it’s really that hard for you, just get some whey. Two scoops should be about 50g pro.

I’m about 160lbs and get 200 (off day)-240g (training day) protein a day.

Breakfast - Finibar, 2 scoops MD (55g)
Snack - MAG-10 - (20g)
Lunch - 2 chicken breast, sweet potato (40g)
Peri - Finibar/MAG-10 (35g), Plazma (30g) , MAG-10 (20g) post workout - 55g
Dinner - 2 chicken breast or interchangeable amount of lean protein, rice (40g)
Pre-Bed - 2 scoops MD or MAG-10 Pulse (20-40g)

If you aim to have 35g-40g protein with every meal, between that and your supplements you should be able to do it.

I do, but I only weigh 130-134 :smiley: ( I eat between 135-160g/day)
I get mine from eggs, whey, fish, shrimp, beef, chicken.

[quote]theBird wrote:
[/quote]

If I had a nickel everytime…
How much time have you been wasting eating like a bird?

Bro just protein shake that shit.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,

tweet[/quote]

6 large whole eggs…~30g protein
6 oz boneless chicken breast…~50g protein
8 oz. boneless beef steak…~60g protein
1 Metabolic Drive shake 3 scoops…60g protein

That’s 3 meals and 1 protein shake per day…200g protein

How difficult is that ?

^^^
actually…6 large whole eggs have a little more protein…~40g

[quote]butcherman7 wrote:
^^^
actually…6 large whole eggs have a little more protein…~40g [/quote]

I’ve got it in my head that a large egg is 6g, although I’m not sure where I got that from. Still, it’s the rule I go by.

6 oz lean ground turkey
13 oz chicken breast
2 quest bars
2 scoops (1 serving) MAG-10
Black beans
Yogurt

That’s my day today, pretty typical…I’m at 211g protein. It’s not that hard, especially if you get comfortable with the idea of doubling your typical serving size whenever you have a solid food protein source. Nothing wrong with getting 60 grams in a meal.

I’m currently about 170 and eat an average of 220 grams a day. My usual breakfast is 6 eggs (2 whole, 4 whites)/veg/1/8 cup cheddar and a shake (cup of Greek yogurt, scoop of whey and 2/3 cup coconut milk), this is about 85 grams.

[quote]butcherman7 wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,

tweet[/quote]

6 large whole eggs…~30g protein
6 oz boneless chicken breast…~50g protein
8 oz. boneless beef steak…~60g protein
1 Metabolic Drive shake 3 scoops…60g protein

That’s 3 meals and 1 protein shake per day…200g protein

How difficult is that ?[/quote]

Thanks for that. Maybe Im not calculating things right.

Please keep the examples coming in bird-watchers!!

tweet

No late night milk and pb?