Who Doesn't Put Their Weights Away?

[quote]Christine wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Christine wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

And Wolly, don’t lie about benching 135. Goofus.

Not something I would be warming up with though.

Yeah, I might work up to squatting 405 for a single, but I always start out with the bar.

I always start out with the bar too.

Put your fucking weights back![/quote]

I will arm wrestle the both of you! Regardless if you two use your handjob arms, I will win Over the Top style.

WolBarret: Leaves 135lbs on the bar.

Sometimes that laziness can work out to your advantage. If someone is too lazy to take the 4 plates off the bar in the rack, odds are good the rack will stay open because everyone else will be too lazy to unrack the weight. Then no one is in your way when you’re ready to use it, and you get a little warmup taking the weight off the bar.

Sometimes I leave the plates on the floor against the rack, looks hardcore.

Fuck those people

My gym supposedly charges $5 every time you leave (for the day) without putting away your weights. It’s on half a dozen signs in the free weight area. And there are cameras everywhere in there to catch if you don’t.

I say “supposedly charges,” because one time I accidentally left the gym without putting away a loaded bar on an incline bench. The owner told me the next day but said he wasn’t going to charge me anything.

The threat must work, however, because people always strip and rack all their weights when they finish all their sets.

I hate assfucks who dont put their weights away. I spend so much time putting weights away and rearranging weights its not even funny.

Worse thing about this is, most big guys put their shit away. Its the 120lb weaklings who leave their weights when they’re done.

I do spend a lot of time re-racking misplaced or unracked weights from people who don’t have proper gym etiquette.

It keeps me busy between sets sometimes but still gets on my nerves.

[quote]Christine wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Christine wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

And Wolly, don’t lie about benching 135. Goofus.

Not something I would be warming up with though.

Yeah, I might work up to squatting 405 for a single, but I always start out with the bar.

I always start out with the bar too.

Put your fucking weights back![/quote]

Shut the fuck up, noob!!

FUHHHHHH

I just had my first encounter with a squat rack frat curler. The bastard. He made a huge mess…bar loaded with like a ten, some random dumbbells lying around, GOD. If you’re going to move tiny weights like that, then you may as well use the standard bars. DAMMIT.

Sorry. But anyways, I always clean up after myself. Sucks when you’re deadlifting all by yourself though.

I put all my weight back, although I hate doing it after heavy deadlifts.

At my College rec gym, none of the 135 douche bags put their weigh up. Luckily they always have someone walking around the free weight area putting plates back where they go. I feel bad, but when I joke with them about it, they say it helps pass the time.

profX doesn’t

Yeah that really gets to me. I used to workout at a legit PL gym where it never happened, but that place went out of business and now I workout at the gym provided by the university. Pisses me off to see wormy little fucks do their bench presses, quarter squats, and curls and leave their shit lying around. Luckily though, I’ve been working hard enough long enough to be one of the strongest guys there and it’s fun to dick with them a little when I go get them, walk their scrawny asses back, and ask them if they’re done with it or if I have to wait for their parents to clean up the mess.

Congrats to everyone who racks their weights, the world loves you!

I have rather limited time when I go to the gym, so I don’t want to waste it. Especially when the first lift of the day takes a while to setup, like the deadlift.

We have one little DL platform, with a few rot-spots, so you have to be careful with your selection. Some douchedong motherfucker is making sure to leave 315-405 on the bar, with three or four different brands of plates on each side. That way, they don’t fucking slide off because they’re a centimeter wider than the others. And me, coming back to the father of lifts from a thrice-broken back can’t start the warm-up with 135, so I have a good near 10 minutes wasted fucking around with someone else’s fucking laziness.

If you’re reading this, strong guy, get some motherfucking GPP in and strip your own God-Damned Bar, you fucking child.

Yes I always do. I also clean up other weights in my area between sets. I don’t know why, I just do it, don’t really think about it.

It’s even worse when you work there. Then everyone feels the need to complain about it like it’s your fault people are lazy.

[quote]UFgator11 wrote:
whats the protocol on calling ppl out to pick up their shit? this little 5’5" fucker w/ a beater and a snow hat (we’re in florida…) always leaves 405 on the fucking squat rack then goes and does hamstring curls, never to return. if you’re reading this you little shit i fucking hate you[/quote]

He’d still be an asshole if he was 6’3", douche.

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
It’s even worse when you work there. Then everyone feels the need to complain about it like it’s your fault people are lazy.[/quote]

I understand you 100%. The worst part was we that we put signs up saying to re-rack your weights, and people actually kind of cooperated, but then the higher-ups visited our gym and said the signs were “an eye-sore” so we had to take them down. The weight room quickly returned to a wasteland…

[quote]Christine wrote:
I always put away my weights! My gym is pretty good in that most people do.

What bugs me is when someone puts a larger weight in front of a smaller one.

I usually spend my time between sets reorganizing the weights to their proper place. I’m sure I’m not the only one.[/quote]

You aren’t the only one - I feel like I have OCD sometimes cause I can’t help but do it between sets. It really pisses me off when people jam the 35’s on the bottom of the squat rack/weight tree when they don’t even fit there and put the nickels and dimes in the top positions.

I’m at a university rec center now and this drives me fucking nuts. I can’t stand when that stuff is out of place. There are scrawny douches everywhere leaving their shit out, and when they do put it away, they put it back in the wrong place.

I have to put away the 95s every Friday. And I swear to god, next time I catch that fucker that’s too lazy to put them away after all those intense seated db shrugs, he’s taking a chalked up EZ curl bar in the ass.

I sometimes leave weights on machines like the seated calf raise. I usually take off all but the last 45 plate. I rarely see anyone doing less than that. One time I was just finishing with my normal weight and a lady asked if I was done. I started to take off weight and she said to leave it.