Who Doesn't Put Their Weights Away?

Reason I ask is because tonight I told a co-worker who I saw training with a group of guys doing curls in the squat rack (yeah!)

The issue was when they were done they moved on and left about 6 plates on the ground. I nicely asked my staff person working out if he could pick up the weights.

I went on to do an exercise and I hear his training partner saying along the lines of “they told you to put the weights away? Are you working? Let them tell me that. I pay my membership”

I blurted out while lifting that it’s not our jobs to pick up after members.

Once done I did apologize if I sounded rude but explained the reason for why a member should pick up after themselves (pretty much obvious that it’s common sense).

So, if you don’t pick up weights, why don’t you?
I always though it was just pure laziness, but it seems some people may think that they are entitled by paying a membership to not be courteous to others.

I always put away my weights! My gym is pretty good in that most people do.

What bugs me is when someone puts a larger weight in front of a smaller one.

I usually spend my time between sets reorganizing the weights to their proper place. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Not only do i put my weights away, if the place is a mess, I’ll pick up weights other people have left around, cos I know its gonna piss me off the whole time I’m there. I know I shouldn’t let it distract me but since it does it’s the lesser of two evils to just get it out the way. Pretty sure people assume I work for the gym in some capacity, I’m just like “nope, but I do get a bit OCD in here.”

My gym has signs all over the place that reminds everyone to re-rack their weights when they are finished, and everyone does what they should. Anybody who doesn’t rack their weights is a dick/lazy POS/d-bag/arrogant prick. I don’t care how big you are, if your big enough to lift 'em off, your big enough to life 'em back on (that includes plates also).

[quote]Christine wrote:

I usually spend my time between sets reorganizing the weights to their proper place. I’m sure I’m not the only one.[/quote]

Welcome to T-Nation, new person. Enjoy your stay and make sure to keep your hands in the cart. Severed limbs is problem around here.

Back to the topic

I always put up my weights, but sometimes I leave 135lbs on the bar so people can warm up on Bench or Squat rack.

I hate when assholes put dumbbells back in the wrong spot. Is it that hard to find the corresponding number or walk an extra couple of feet and do it properly?

It’s just plain rude if you don’t put your weights back. If you were strong enough to put the weights on, you’re strong enough to take the weights off or put them back where they were.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Christine wrote:

I usually spend my time between sets reorganizing the weights to their proper place. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Welcome to T-Nation, new person. Enjoy your stay and make sure to keep your hands in the cart. Severed limbs is problem around here.

Back to the topic

I always put up my weights, but sometimes I leave 135lbs on the bar so people can warm up on Bench or Squat rack.[/quote]

Chicks generally don’t use 135 to warm up on the bench.

Also, not too many guys at my gym could even squat 135. Sad.

[quote]Christine wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Christine wrote:

Back to the topic

I always put up my weights, but sometimes I leave 135lbs on the bar so people can warm up on Bench or Squat rack.

Also, not too many guys at my gym could even squat 135. Sad.[/quote]

Hi stranger.

Most of the people at my gym are good about putting their weights away, but during certain times of the year (e.g., New Years Resolution time) the weights get all fucked up and I get a mini workout fixing them.

And Wolly, don’t lie about benching 135. Goofus.

I started emptying the bars ever since I saw a few teenagers attempting to deload a squat bar with 405. It was pretty painful to watch, so I ended up helping.

Furthermore, I really hate discouraging women from the weight room because there are bars loaded all over the gym. Probably for the same reason why most commercial gyms have every calf machine in the world, but one squat rack.

Between sets I re-organize the weight columns, because it drives me nuts.

[quote]Christine wrote:
I usually spend my time between sets reorganizing the weights to their proper place. I’m sure I’m not the only one.[/quote]

Small world.

[quote]Christine wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Christine wrote:

Back to the topic

Also, not too many guys at my gym could even squat 135. Sad.[/quote]

The lady at my gym squats 225lbs for 2-3 reps often. 135lbs is nothing to her. But if she’s there, I would probably take off the 45lbs.

As for the bench…I guess I fucked up on that one.

Your gym sucks.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Christine wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Christine wrote:

Back to the topic

Also, not too many guys at my gym could even squat 135. Sad.

Hi stranger.

Most of the people at my gym are good about putting their weights away, but during certain times of the year (e.g., New Years Resolution time) the weights get all fucked up and I get a mini workout fixing them.

And Wolly, don’t lie about benching 135. Goofus.[/quote]

Arm wrestling contest! Right now! And you can’t use your handjob arm…which is probably both arms. Fuck it, I’ll beat you anyway.

And Wolly, don’t lie about benching 135. Goofus.[/quote]

Not something I would be warming up with though.

[quote]Christine wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

Not something I would be warming up with though.[/quote]

Yeah, I might work up to squatting 405 for a single, but I always start out with the bar.

whats the protocol on calling ppl out to pick up their shit? this little 5’5" fucker w/ a beater and a snow hat (we’re in florida…) always leaves 405 on the fucking squat rack then goes and does hamstring curls, never to return. if you’re reading this you little shit i fucking hate you

[quote]UFgator11 wrote:
whats the protocol on calling ppl out to pick up their shit? this little 5’5" fucker w/ a beater and a snow hat (we’re in florida…) always leaves 405 on the fucking squat rack then goes and does hamstring curls, never to return. if you’re reading this you little shit i fucking hate you[/quote]

Hey. You. I’m not your fucking mother. Put your shit away.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

The lady at my gym squats 225lbs for 2-3 reps often. 135lbs is nothing to her. But if she’s there, I would probably take off the 45lbs.
[/quote]

cause she would kick your ass?

[quote]

Your gym sucks.[/quote]

Not really. It is never really that crowded and there is usually no one using the power rack when I go.

Something is wrong with your avatar. It isn’t moving.

i too leave 135 on the bench when i’m done with it

Christine wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

Not something I would be warming up with though.

Yeah, I might work up to squatting 405 for a single, but I always start out with the bar.
[/quote]

I always start out with the bar too.

Put your fucking weights back!

[quote]Christine wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

cause she would kick your ass?

Your gym sucks.

Not really. It is never really that crowded and there is usually no one using the power rack when I go.

Something is wrong with your avatar. It isn’t moving.
[/quote]

She’s a strong lady. I think she used to powerlift. She even used to push the sleds in the parking lot of the gym. Slender, too. I’m gonna miss her.

Your gym still sucks. The men can’t squat 135lbs and you have no avatar. Your gym sucks.

My avatar isn’t moving for the same reason you don’t have an avatar: The Economy sucks

I will usually leave the 45’s on the deadlift bar or a few weights lying around, but mostly put stuff back. I guess its one of those things where it just depends on the gym