T Nation

Who Doesn't Chin/Pull ?

…and for what reason ? Before I make an announcement that will upset all the chin up, pull up fans, I’d be interested in who doesn’t bother with them.

i dont do chin ups or pull ups. lat pulldown is the closest thing i get. but i didnt know if that was included cause it works the muscles pretty similirly. i dont do them cause i feel like my form gets real bad when i do them expecially once im fitigued

I only Chin/Pull.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
…and for what reason ? Before I make an announcement that will upset all the chin up, pull up fans, I’d be interested in who doesn’t bother with them.[/quote]

I do chins, not pulls. Just haven’t gotten to the point in my strength development where I’ve started pulls. I’m sure I could, but since I started leaning out this summer, it hasn’t been my main focus. Maybe after summer I’ll start pulls, when I refocus on strength.

I’m curious about this ‘announcement’…

I sense a troll job

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
…and for what reason ? Before I make an announcement that will upset all the chin up, pull up fans, I’d be interested in who doesn’t bother with them.[/quote]

Come on, enough build up… What’s the announcement?

Please tell me that the gravity makes your dumplings and egg roll elongate… is that it? Did I guess?

I haven’t done many pull-ups for quite a few months now, and, since that time coincides with me adding about 20lbs, I find that I can barely do more than a few now. Great…

Who Doesn’t Chin/Pull ?

Fat and/or weak people.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Who Doesn’t Chin/Pull ?

Fat and/or weak people.[/quote]

Hey I do weighted chins and pulls.

Weigh a bit too much to do more then a couple atm so no.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Who Doesn’t Chin/Pull ?

Fat and/or weak people.[/quote]

I haven’t done a chin-up or pull-up for almost 2 years now, and back is one of the best parts on my body.

My back training sessions generally go something like this:

Dead/Low Rack Pull/High Rack Pull (Pick One)

Barbell Row (Variety of Grips)/DB Row/T Bar Row (Pick One)

Pull Down (Cable or Hammer)

Kneeling Rope Pulldowns

The first two exercises I go as heavy as I can handle with good/decent form, the last two are more for the pump than anything.

Bottom line, I don’t need pull-ups to grow, so I don’t use them

Since I’m all about strength and I don’t have a big problem growing if i eat enough I pull/chin 5 days a week. I’m working on getting my pulls to 20 clean dead hang pulls. I’m at 16 (maybe 17 I’ll know on monday). Once I hit 20 I’ll work on my weighted max like I did the month before last. I’m addicted to pulls. sorry.

-chris

But I’d say they aren’t necessarily necessary if you are training for size alone. I know tons of huge dewds that can’t do one, or a dip… and always use the yellow machine thingies that I can never figure out.

I just want to know why Stig changes his user name every 3 or 4 days…

Multiple personality disorder?

[quote]Kuz wrote:
I just want to know why Stig changes his user name every 3 or 4 days…[/quote]

[quote]Kuz wrote:

Let’s see he was: Le Stig, The Stig, Stiggy, Dr. Stiggy, now Dr. Stig.

[quote]MarcAnthony wrote:
I sense a troll job[/quote]

Thanks for that one.

[quote]Kuz wrote:

Is it bothering you ?

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Kuz wrote:

Let’s see he was: Le Stig, The Stig, Stiggy, Dr. Stiggy, now Dr. Stig.[/quote]

Yes but there is a theme here, no one is none the wiser right ?

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Kuz wrote:

Let’s see he was: Le Stig, The Stig, Stiggy, Dr. Stiggy, now Dr. Stig.[/quote]

Don’t forget Meddyg Stig, the Welsh version.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
Kuz wrote:

Is it bothering you ?[/quote]

Oh no, not at all. I can always tell it’s you… I was just curious. I remember you first as Victor Lustig, then just Lustig.