Who Does Ab Training?

I do full body workout 3x a week and include direct ab work in each

Turkish get ups and Plate Drops on Tues
Hanging Leg Raises and Cable Takedowns on Thurs
and Push Pulls and Plate Drops on Sun

Oh, you guys are totally missing the boat! I maxed out my credit cards and bought “Fitness Made Simple” and I’m now training under the tutelage of the famous John Basedow, who I am sure you are all in total awe of.

He is teaching me to work my core and soon, like him, I will look like a piece of linguini with totally cut abs.

<please note the sarcasm as I just was forced to watch his commercial for the 300th time>

I do abs because they help stretch and relax my lower back, which gets very tight from deadlifting and oly lifts.

I do a giant set of abs, calves and hyperextensions or good mornings after squats and a superset of abs and calves after deadlifts, 2 sets of 15+ reps each exercise with minimal rest in between.

I do hanging leg raises (no straps) immediately after my last set of deadlifts to get a little more stress on the pre-exhausted abs and forearms, makes my next deadlift session seem easier, given those supporting muscles tend to have more endurance and will not tire before the primary muscle groups.

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
1.How many of you do direct ab training?

2.How often?

3.What type of training?

I haven’t been doing it for awhile but have thought of trying to add a little while I am trying to loose weight(sorry, I mean FAT!!).[/quote]

Try hanging leg raises and the abs roller with weight on your back. I hit those two exercises on Monday with the intensity that people do chest with. Make it a priority in your training.

Of course its all about low body fat in the end. That’s all cardio and diet.

real men don’t do sit ups when they get out of bed in the morning, they do a glute ham raise.