Who Cuts Their Own Hair?

I just shave my head whenever I feel it’s getting too long. I thought all men did this.

i do it all the time, haircuts are so dam expensive these days… i always suck at doin around my ears tho!!!

I do… eh.

its so much easier to just buzz it all off

I’ve done it since I was 15. Now I’m goin’ bald so I don’t have a choice

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
I just shave my head whenever I feel it’s getting too long. I thought all men did this.[/quote]

Same. When I actually need to dry my hair with a towel after showering is usually my signal.

are hair cuts expensive in america? i pay 10 euro once a month to get mine cut.

[quote]Kerley wrote:
are hair cuts expensive in america? i pay 10 euro once a month to get mine cut.[/quote]
Depends where you go. Can be $5, my barber (along with a branch called Supercuts) charges $12-13.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I tried shaving my own head once with a battery-powered razor. Halfway through, the battery went dead and my hair looked like I stuck it in a helicopter. I thought it would be funny to go down to the local Scientology office and tell them I wanted to convert with my new haircut. I had a hat on and when I took it off, the woman at the desk looked visibly shaken by what she saw.[/quote]

Good one. I’ve been cutting my own hair for years. I’m on my way to going bald so I’m just helping it along. It looks better anyways and it doens’t look like I’m in denial about it which is what it looks like if I tried to grow it out. There was one occasion where my hair was a couple of inches long and I ran out of clipper oil. Anyone who does this knows that I you cutting it and it’s been a while, you need more oil that usual. Well halfways it starts pulling and missing a lot of hair. Luckily for me it was in the dead of winter and I just threw on a beanie as I walked to the store. I was stationed in Korea at the time and being on a base there everyone shops at the exchange. You always run into people you know which made my situation delicate. Had I been in the US at the time and had it been summer, I would have just gone to the nearest Wal-mart and wouldn’t have given a shit. Half the people there look retared to begin with.

[quote]Kerley wrote:
are hair cuts expensive in america? i pay 10 euro once a month to get mine cut.[/quote]

They start about $15us for a cheap cut. For me it’s more about time, I don’t want to sit at the hair cut place for an hour to get a bad hair cut.

Been cutting my own for 15yrs.

i cut my hair too. i get my boyfriend to cut the spots i cant see.

[quote]Kerley wrote:

my brother pays $40 and my gf pays $70

[quote]debraD wrote:
I cut my own hair but this time I let it get a little bit long and it was tricky to give it a trim. But fuck if I’m going to fork over 50 bucks for a trim![/quote]

My wife occasionally has me trim hers after a shower (when it’s straight - she has naturally curly hair). Let me know if you need a post-shower trim sometime, I’d be happy to oblige. :slight_smile:

okay, i dunno i just got the impression from people posting that they were expensive, i suppose if i just shaved my head i wouldn’t go to a barber.

[quote]ladieslove wrote:
i cut my hair too. i get my boyfriend to cut the spots i cant see.[/quote]

you must really trust him, i wouldn’t trust anyone short of a barber cut my hair.

i used to cut my own hair before Gold’s changed their “hair policy”.

[quote]Kerley wrote:
okay, i dunno i just got the impression from people posting that they were expensive, i suppose if i just shaved my head i wouldn’t go to a barber.

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

you must really trust him, i wouldn’t trust anyone short of a barber cut my hair.[/quote]

Women’s hair cuts tend to be expensive because you’re paying them to pretend to care about your life and pet you and they take an hour to do something that should take 5 minutes.

I do love when they wash your hair though. You guys should really experience that hairwashing by a woman treat at least once and you might switch from a barber to a salon :wink:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

you must really trust him, i wouldn’t trust anyone short of a barber cut my hair.[/quote]

Women’s hair cuts tend to be expensive because you’re paying them to pretend to care about your life and pet you and they take an hour to do something that should take 5 minutes.

I do love when they wash your hair though. You guys should really experience that hairwashing by a woman treat at least once and you might switch from a barber to a salon :wink:
[/quote]

ive had this done, it is quite nice :slight_smile:

Darlin’ don’t you go and cut your hair,
do you think it’s gonna make him change,
I’m just a boy with a new haircut,
and that’s a pretty nice haircut,
charge it like a puzzle,
hit me wearin’ muzzles,
Hesitate to die,
look around, look around,
the second drummer’s drowned,
his telephone is found…

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[/quote]

I get a scalp massage with some kind of oil, then shampoo, then cut. I can’t go to a cheap cookie cutter place or barbershop or my hair gets butchered.

[quote]gabex wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[/quote]

I get a scalp massage with some kind of oil, then shampoo, then cut. I can’t go to a cheap cookie cutter place or barbershop or my hair gets butchered. [/quote]

homo!