T Nation

Who Can Beat Brock Lesnar?

There’s this article up on Yahoo that basically draws Brock out as a simple farm boy and blah blah blah…

I personally like Brock and believe he’s a big asset to MMA. He is also, right now in my opinion nye unstoppable in the UFC with his size and power. He has phenomenal potential I believe…

It’s a frightening thought that some (like myself) consider him so unstoppable but also point out that he still has room to grow and even more potential.

Now, with that being said…

I think Bobby Lashley has potential to beat him.

What are your opinions on Brock and who do you think could beat him?

I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said. I like Lesnar as well and love how he beats the shit out of guys with silly hammerfists just because he is physically superior. It really pissed me off that a knock-kneed inbred like Tim Sylvia could be a champion. Now the thing about Lesnar is that he is winning because he is physically superior to everyone he has fought thus far.

He is skilled on the ground, but probably more importantly, his combination of size and speed overwhelms anyone he faces, to the point that any deficit in skill can be easily made up for with his physicality. The only fighter now in the UFC that I think has the possibility to take him down based on skill alone is Anderson Silva, who is a striker of unparalleled ability. But if Anderson should end up on his back, Lesnars bulk would probably be too much.

What you mentioned about Bobby Lashley is interesting because he is very similar to Lesnar but is more coordinated, and could possibly be stronger. It would come down to how much better a wrestler is Lesnar really. I would honestly be surprised if Lesnar won a fight with Bobby Lashley, as he seems to be an even more overpowering fighter than Lesnar.

Oh sweet bro another Brock Lesnar thread.

It sure is! Now share your opinion you silly drunk!

DMX

So how’s the taste of Brock’s scrotum these days?

If it stays standing, Carwin could easily knock him out.

Schwarzfahrer, I dunno dude, you’re the fag…you tell me?

ooops the brotards are back.

really there are several threads like this.

the obvious, someone with far superior striking , good footwork,
and yes grappling.
someone who can push the pace , and control where the fight goes.

there are several do the math.

Some of this shit is silly. Bobby Lashey? Really? The guy’s fought no names and tomato cans. Lesnar has obviously done a lot for the sport [not all good some would argue] but he’s gonna get ko’d when he fights Carwin, everyone’s gonna claim he was overrated or it was thrown and we’ll all move on with our lives. The guy’s not superman people. Once again, we’ve never really seen him get busted in the face. The few glancing blows he has taken really frustrated him for a bit until he went into hulk smash mode against much smaller people. That’s not happening with a guy like Carwin.

A lot of people seem to forget Brock’s college wrestling and that he’s been training in MMA now for a few years…
I’m not saying Carwin will be easy for Brock, no, I hope he tests Brock and forces Lesnar to show us a lot of what he’s got. I don’t see Carwin winning though, do I think he’ll receive a savage beating? No not really, most likely decision.

Also, Bobby may have only fought a few cans here and there, but, he’s gotta start somewhere right? He also carries a VERY similiar background to Brock, it would be interesting to say the least. I believe Lashley is a lot more powerful then Lesnar, which would make Brock’s usually game a little obsolete.

[quote]BodyByGame20 wrote:
A lot of people seem to forget Brock’s college wrestling and that he’s been training in MMA now for a few years…
I’m not saying Carwin will be easy for Brock, no, I hope he tests Brock and forces Lesnar to show us a lot of what he’s got. I don’t see Carwin winning though, do I think he’ll receive a savage beating? No not really, most likely decision.

Also, Bobby may have only fought a few cans here and there, but, he’s gotta start somewhere right? He also carries a VERY similiar background to Brock, it would be interesting to say the least. I believe Lashley is a lot more powerful then Lesnar, which would make Brock’s usually game a little obsolete.[/quote]

Dude, I mean this in the ncest way possible but talking with you is like talking to a door. If Lashley was even a potential threat he’d be in the UFC already.He’s not, so he’s not. Also, there quite a few people who’d lunchboc Lesnar. Shit, if Mir had actually fought that last fight instead of going for early submissions and the jumping knee of doom he coulda beat him. Lesnar will get exposed and all of the internet fanboys will be left suckling on Lesnars deflated speed bag teet and all will be right with the world…

EDIT: Also, no one has forgotten his wrestling experience or his introduction to mma.

What about Mariusz? He’s having his first MMA fight pretty soon, and has a karate background, and has trained boxing for a while. Strength wise, he can hang with Brock, but if it goes to the ground, but maybe not if it goes to the ground.

But, Pudz background is in strongman, Lesnar in wrestling. Lesnar has been training MMA for 3 years now, not for sure about Pudz. In the end though, I think Lesnar beats him due to skill.

There’s two or three people that come to mind, including his next opponent. Still, he’s a tall order for anyone.

Fedor…

[quote]FFMatt wrote:
If it stays standing, Carwin could easily knock him out.[/quote]

I heard that Carwin is supposed to be a better wrestler than Brock.

If Mir wanted it bad enough he could beat him on the ground again.

Overeem Fedor Werdum Sodokojou Carwin Velasquez Rogers and Big Nog could all easily outfight Lesnar, imo.

Superb athlete but his chin has yet to be tested and paired against a GOOD heavyweight striker or submission ace who can stuff his takedowns/stand with him, I don’t see him doing too well.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Overeem Fedor Werdum Sodokojou Carwin Velasquez Rogers and Big Nog could all easily outfight Lesnar, imo.

Superb athlete but his chin has yet to be tested and paired against a GOOD heavyweight striker or submission ace who can stuff his takedowns/stand with him, I don’t see him doing too well.[/quote]

Overeem would get taken down and GnP’d.

Fedor would be a great fight.

Werdum is a little too small.

Sokoudjou? Really? The guy who can’t fight off his back AT ALL?

Carwin will be competitive.

Velasquez is too small, and I doubt he could do to Lesnar what he’s been doing to his last opponents.

I haven’t seen enough of Rogers to make a comment, but I’m not sure he’d be able to stuff Brock’s takedowns and stay off his back.

Nogueira was very impressive in his last fight against Couture, so I’m going to wait before passing judgement on him. Who knows, he may not be over the hill.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
BodyByGame20 wrote:
A lot of people seem to forget Brock’s college wrestling and that he’s been training in MMA now for a few years…
I’m not saying Carwin will be easy for Brock, no, I hope he tests Brock and forces Lesnar to show us a lot of what he’s got. I don’t see Carwin winning though, do I think he’ll receive a savage beating? No not really, most likely decision.

Also, Bobby may have only fought a few cans here and there, but, he’s gotta start somewhere right? He also carries a VERY similiar background to Brock, it would be interesting to say the least. I believe Lashley is a lot more powerful then Lesnar, which would make Brock’s usually game a little obsolete.

Dude, I mean this in the ncest way possible but talking with you is like talking to a door. If Lashley was even a potential threat he’d be in the UFC already.He’s not, so he’s not. Also, there quite a few people who’d lunchboc Lesnar. Shit, if Mir had actually fought that last fight instead of going for early submissions and the jumping knee of doom he coulda beat him. Lesnar will get exposed and all of the internet fanboys will be left suckling on Lesnars deflated speed bag teet and all will be right with the world…

EDIT: Also, no one has forgotten his wrestling experience or his introduction to mma. [/quote]

Funny. You say this guy is like talking to a door and then you go on to talk about how Mir could have beaten Lesnar. He got fucking rag dolled and dominated.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Overeem Fedor Werdum Sodokojou Carwin Velasquez Rogers and Big Nog could all easily outfight Lesnar, imo.

Superb athlete but his chin has yet to be tested and paired against a GOOD heavyweight striker or submission ace who can stuff his takedowns/stand with him, I don’t see him doing too well.[/quote]

Come on LUE…I know you just didn’t mention Sokoudjou. You must of watched the DREAM Super-Hulk bout were he beat the always formidable Bob Sapp…haha.

Don’t get me wrong…he has the tools for LHW…but even then,his mental game is hit or miss.