T Nation

Who benches on Monday?

Hi friends,

I was just wondering who actually benches on Monday?

Im asking that because of the old joke; “Monday is benching day…”. Well I actually do bench on Mondays. With the timing of my soccer training and work schedule, Monday just happens to be the most ideal day to do my chest/back workout. I think all the people at the gym I go to on Monday are thinking “oh theres that guy that comes here on Mondays and only does bench”. Not that I should care, but I was just wondering.

tweet

this is what you tell the haters when they ask why you bench on mondays…

I’ve heard this too but my routines have usually either been full body or I’d do legs on Monday…in a sort of “get it out of the way” style. The same way I do with vegetables on my dinner plate; they go first.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi friends,

I was just wondering who actually benches on Monday?

Im asking that because of the old joke; “Monday is benching day…”. Well I actually do bench on Mondays. With the timing of my soccer training and work schedule, Monday just happens to be the most ideal day to do my chest/back workout. I think all the people at the gym I go to on Monday are thinking “oh theres that guy that comes here on Mondays and only does bench”. Not that I should care, but I was just wondering.

tweet[/quote]

Being that you are on the wrong side of the planet, your water swirls the opposite way and your seasons are reverse of ours- I guess it makes sense that you do that.

Your mondays are like our fridays.

Depends on the order of my routine.
Doing DC.

I usually don’t follow programs based on days of the week, If I bench monday that doesn’t mean my next bench workout is the following monday, could be another month before I bench on monday again.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Being that you are on the wrong side of the planet, your water swirls the opposite way
[/quote]

That’s actually a myth, just fyi. The Coriolis Effect is what people attribute it to, when in fact it’s because of the direction that some toilets (apparently many in the southern hemisphere) are built to drain in. Coriolis Effect is far too weak to have any significant impact on which direction a toilet flushes in. I was sad to find this out, I must admit.

As to OP…bird, if you benched enough to be impressive, nobody would look at you condescendingly, regardless of when you benched. But IIRC, you don’t.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Being that you are on the wrong side of the planet, your water swirls the opposite way
[/quote]

That’s actually a myth, just fyi. The Coriolis Effect is what people attribute it to, when in fact it’s because of the direction that some toilets (apparently many in the southern hemisphere) are built to drain in. Coriolis Effect is far too weak to have any significant impact on which direction a toilet flushes in. I was sad to find this out, I must admit.

As to OP…bird, if you benched enough to be impressive, nobody would look at you condescendingly, regardless of when you benched. But IIRC, you don’t. [/quote]

Dang! I just looked that up and you are right. Fooled by the conservation of angular momentum.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Being that you are on the wrong side of the planet, your water swirls the opposite way
[/quote]

That’s actually a myth, just fyi. The Coriolis Effect is what people attribute it to, when in fact it’s because of the direction that some toilets (apparently many in the southern hemisphere) are built to drain in. Coriolis Effect is far too weak to have any significant impact on which direction a toilet flushes in. I was sad to find this out, I must admit.

As to OP…bird, if you benched enough to be impressive, nobody would look at you condescendingly, regardless of when you benched. But IIRC, you don’t. [/quote]

Dang! I just looked that up and you are right. Fooled by the conservation of angular momentum.
[/quote]

Now I don’t know what to believe in anymore. As long as RogueVampire still exists my world is not turned completely upside down yet.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Being that you are on the wrong side of the planet, your water swirls the opposite way
[/quote]

That’s actually a myth, just fyi. The Coriolis Effect is what people attribute it to, when in fact it’s because of the direction that some toilets (apparently many in the southern hemisphere) are built to drain in. Coriolis Effect is far too weak to have any significant impact on which direction a toilet flushes in. I was sad to find this out, I must admit.

As to OP…bird, if you benched enough to be impressive, nobody would look at you condescendingly, regardless of when you benched. But IIRC, you don’t. [/quote]

Dang! I just looked that up and you are right. Fooled by the conservation of angular momentum.
[/quote]

Now I don’t know what to believe in anymore. As long as RogueVampire still exists my world is not turned completely upside down yet.[/quote]

Yup. The Bird has perpetrated an clever ploy to confuse the hell out of us and it worked. Now I have to rework my entire thought process on why stuff swirls.

Between soft serve ice cream cones and plasma columns I’m gonna be busy for a long time.

Right now, the only bench pressing I do is on DE day for upper body. Mondays, which are generally ME upper days, consist of bench press variants.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
I usually don’t follow programs based on days of the week, If I bench monday that doesn’t mean my next bench workout is the following monday, could be another month before I bench on monday again.[/quote]

^^^ Wise. The only exception is college gyms. It’s mandatory that everyone there benches on Monday.

Of course I bench on Monday.

CS

I go every Saturday and Sunday, and hit full-body compounds, so I generally take Mondays off to recover.

[quote]Samir wrote:
I go every Saturday and Sunday, and hit full-body compounds, so I generally take Mondays off to recover. [/quote]

Oh yeah I forgot about this too. Since I work full time and generally weekends are free. I ALWAYS workout Sat/Sun unless I’m traveling or something. This leaves Monday as a prime off day, gym is usually busiest that day too so it works well.

I unfortunately bench on monday. All the benches are usually taken at my gym. Like you, it was the most ideal day given the rest of my schedule.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:
I go every Saturday and Sunday, and hit full-body compounds, so I generally take Mondays off to recover. [/quote]

Oh yeah I forgot about this too. Since I work full time and generally weekends are free. I ALWAYS workout Sat/Sun unless I’m traveling or something. This leaves Monday as a prime off day, gym is usually busiest that day too so it works well.[/quote]

Generally the same for me as well. But I work out at home so busy Monday doesnt affect me.

I used to when i first started the begining of last year. It was mon-bench wed-sqaut fri-dead. After a few months though when i really started to try and hit my lower body i realized this was to hard. I recently started 5/3/1. Now i swaut on monday and dead on fri to give me as much recovery as possible