Who Are Your Favorite Actors?

Some that haven’t been mentioned yet:

The Rock - does a lot of shit movies, but he has good comedic chops, all the charisma in the world, and the physique to be an 80s action movie star
Chris Hemsworth - Australian version of The Rock; also The Most Handsome Man in the World©
Bryan Cranston
Emily Blunt
Leo DiCaprio
Mel Gibson
Russell Crowe
Idris Elba
Nicole Kidman
Ian McShane

3 Likes

Fight club is one of my favorites (maybe my favorite movie).

Especially good in Tarantino films, IMO.

Arnold should be on your list if you are including the Rock, as Arnold is king of one liners.

1 Like

Arnold used to be my favorite actor, but he hasn’t done a good movie in a long, long time.

I like that you thew in some female actors. I am a fan of Amy Adams. I think she does well in all the roles I have seen her in.

When DiCaprio played the bar guy in Django he moved above the Fight Club guys on my list.

Sam Rockwell did so well as a villain in The Green Mile that I didn’t like him for years. Until he played a more likeable scum bag in Three Billboards.

Jake Gyllenhaal has been great in 3-4 solid movies.

For guys from the past I like Edward G Robinson and Robert Mitchum.

Forgot about her. She’s actually my favorite actress behind Cate Blanchett.

Lena Headey is another great one.

Nightcrawler, End of Watch, Southpaw, Prisoners, Zodiac, and Nocturnal Animals…dude’s pretty damn awesome.

2 Likes

Not much love in here for the old guys so…
Kurt Russell
John Wayne
Clint Eastwood
Harrison Ford

5 Likes

I guess at GOT signings, her line is very short due to people not liking her due to her character. IMO, her acting was at the top of GOT cast (except for Thor of course).

1 Like

Pretty much everyone in Tombstone is cool.

Powers Boothe is another great bad guy actor.

1 Like

Definitely! Lee Van Cleef is another. I think he played a bad guy a every role.

3 Likes

No love for Stallone yet?

1 Like

I don’t think Stallone is the greatest actor, but he is an excellent screenwriter.

Wrote Rocky when he was broke and homeless.

2 Likes

My list includes:

Denzel Washington
Humphrey Boggart
DiCaprio (don’t like him as a person, but can’t deny acting ability).
Edward Norton (except for the hulk)
Gary Oldman (his character in the 5th element is great).
Jamie Foxx
Hugh Laurie
Morgan Freeman

Actresses:
Amy Adams
Kerry Washington
Naomi Scott (impressive in Aladin Remake)
Lauren Bacall

definitely the guy who played Beetlejuice.Winona Ryder on the other hand… not so much

I think you are the first to say Morgan Freeman. He was robbed of best supporting actor in Shawshank Redemption, IMO.

Oh God, she was so hot in Boston Legal.

He’s no longer around, but John Candy was a national treasure.

4 Likes

I’m gonna do another shameless plug for the movie Bandits here. Cate, Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton. Directed by Barry Levinson.

One of the most underrated movies ever.

1 Like

I grew up with John Candy movies … Uncle Buck was a phenomenal movie for a 7 year old to watch hahaha

1 Like

Nope

1 Like