Who Are Your Favorite Actors?

Just watched the Joker movie this weekend. IMO, Joaquin Phoenix is one of the best actors. I also just watched the movie Her, and his acting was excellent.

I didn’t pay much attention to him for a while, because I hated the guy because of his role as Commodus in Gladiator, but I have come to realize my hate for him as a person was because of his perfection of playing that role.

I just think when I watch a movie with him in it, the character is so believable. You feel like you know the character.

Who are your favorites?

2 Likes

After watching the movie, I pictured all the other Hollywood thespians with Oscar-driven movies coming out this year begging the studios to release them after the Oscars lol.

3 Likes

For actors who actually act, mine would be:

Robert Deniro
Denzel Washington
Gary Oldman
Chow Yun Fat
Dr Strange
John Travolta (yeah, seriously. His last film doesn’t count)

For actors whose onscreen personas I like watching, it would be:

Charles Bronson
Bruce Willis
Tom Cruise
Takeshi Kitano

2 Likes

I get that with Adrian Brody.

I think some actors can convey a sense of relatability that you don’t get from Bruce Willis playing Bruce Willis in “Another Great Movie!”.

2 Likes

I’m a film snob and I don’t like character flaws in my movies, so obviously Steven Seagal tops my list.

8 Likes

Damn, I get that with Snoop Dog.

2 Likes

I’ll typically watch movies with the below, just because they’re in it.

Benedict Cumberbatch
Christian Bale
Joaquin Phoenix
Olivia Munn

Because of her acting ability, right?

2 Likes

Gary Oldman is pretty great. Can play lots of roles. Denzel is also very good. You get both in the Book of Eli. I am not very religious, but that movie is bad a$$.

Deniro is very good. I think he was excellent in Joker.

1 Like

I’ll second Christian Bale. Ed Norton, would be added to a list if I was making one as well.

1 Like

You’re out of the Anna Kendrick fan club.

wepwTVK

4 Likes

Thats the cutest gif I’ve ever seen!

… I’m pretty sure everyone on TNation knows that I have a mural of Anna and me together. I’ll see you at the next club meeting.

I’ll ALWAYS watch movies with her in it.

1 Like

How I feel about Anna Kendrick

fire_kill

2 Likes

Is there a button that’s the opposite of the like button?

2 Likes

I used to love Edward Norton then I stopped, around the time Hulk came out…

Was it the breathwork he was doing? I loled at that scene.

1 Like

LMAO! I’m still not over this.

Cate Blanchett and Gary Oldman.

2 Likes

Woody Harrelson
Bill Murray

2 Likes

Brad Pitt. Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned him. Fury and Inglorious Basterds were awesome.

1 Like

Samuel L. Jackson… Mic drop…