Who Are You? Yeah, I Really Wanna Know

I am 6’ 3" 335 lb version of the teddy bear from “The Nightmare before Christmas”. Are you gonna get the teddy bear or the claws? And by claws a mean rude comment for being a gym douche.

2 Likes

I’m 5’10", 220# (36" waist so… fat), 29yo

Grew up on a farm. Went to church. Had great parents and grandparents. Wrestled in school. Graduated HS and college early. Married my HS sweetheart at 19, best thing I ever did. Worked my tail off for myself and others. Had two kids (so far). Determined to achieve financial independence through any means necessary.

Trying to really get into the swing of fixing my mindset and getting better every day (books, meditation, routine). Definitely a WIP.

Hobbies: catching movies with the wife, lifting, fixing things that break, board/party games with friends

Interpersonal style: 100% direct and to the point. Love bringing conflict out and addressing it, or just listening to other people talk about themselves.

3 Likes

I’m Rod, and I like to party.

7 Likes

Uh, Hi, my name Dave and uh, I like to party.

6 Likes

I like to party so much I can’t say my name.

I know for a fact you don’t party Kevin.

4 Likes

You’re right, Dave’s the party guy

Ok… let’s party!!

4 Likes

Same. And two of my three kids are also lefties, skateboard goofy footed and are right- eyed.

Ha! I’m impressed you know this. I was a goofy footed, mongo.

1 Like

What does goofy footed stance mean again? I always skated with my back foot straight across the tail and my left foot forward and slightly angled forward as well. I snowboard the same way but with my back foot very slightly angled to the back too.

If standing on the board, do you face left or right?

When pushing, do you push with the front or back foot?

I face right on the board and push with the back foot.

You’re normal. Goofy is facing left, and mongo is pushing with the front foot.

1 Like

I’ve honestly never met anyone who skated mongo. That’s cool.

That’s what happens when you tear a hamstring. You end up facing the wrong way, pushing with the wrong foot.

1 Like

Damn that would be brutal, from lifting? Sorry to hear that.

The right one from football, albeit it wasn’t a terrible tear. The left one was significant from baseball.

I never liked that duck foot stance. Its supposed to give you great heelside power but I felt like my right knee was going to explode at any moment.

1 Like

Not for everyone I guess, that sounds intense. So you just keep both feet straight? I would feel like I have no control like that.

No. I keep my front (left) turned a good bit, and the rear just slightly forward.

Then to bend the board into a hard bow you scrunch down and pull your knees toward each other into the turn. Almost like a slalom style but not nearly as forward facing.

Also my board is an old K2 Darkstar 166 from like 1993.

1 Like