White Privilege

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]BlakeAJackson wrote:

You know I am black right?[/quote]
LOL. How would I have known you were black?[/quote]

Because I’m an Honorary Member of the Black Super Hero Squad, they call me the Green Arrow.[/quote]

From your old display pic, you didn’t look very black to me.

[quote]garcia1970 wrote:

Did you just call me a honky clansman?[/quote]

I am certianly interested in what you were getting at with that comment.

[/quote]

Who was the guy that used to be in your old Avatar?[/quote]

The Pope?

[quote]garcia1970 wrote:

Did you just call me a honky clansman?[/quote]

I am certianly interested in what you were getting at with that comment.

[/quote]

Who was the guy that used to be in your old Avatar?[/quote]

The Pope? [/quote]

It was a nice joke but we all know there are no black catholics.

[/quote]

Africa is one of the largest growing areas for the Church. :wink:

Edit: Dude in the picture is a Cardinal of the Catholic Church. :slight_smile:

Edit: Robert Cardinal Sarah.

I am trying to be just as hateful and ignorant as you, Zeb. We all know what you are. “Who will help the widdow’s son?” Something like that, right?

You are the only one that EVER brings up my occupation, as to discredit my views and call me a liar. You ALWAYS do just that.

Where are YOUR facts that the Earth has THOUSANDS of years of oil left??? You don’t have any! Or did you hear that on the 700 Club?

You obviously don’t know any professors. All I did was go to graduate school for 5 years. I don’t spend my time spellchecking my statements so a bunch of millionaire wanna-be’s who think they are wealthy will be impressed.

Brother Chris… YOU ARE NOT BLACK! We all know this.

You are right about Africa and the church, though. Missionaries hold bread in one hand and a bible in the other. No condoms, though… In a country riddled with AIDS!

[/quote]

Africa is one of the largest growing areas for the Church. :wink:

Edit: Dude in the picture is a Cardinal of the Catholic Church. :slight_smile:

Edit: Robert Cardinal Sarah.[/quote]

BC, if you are really black, I’m seriously disappointed you are not of the southern baptist gospel variety. They have so much more soul than the Catholic CHurch. Ever think of converting? (Then again, you might not be black after all)

[quote]garcia1970 wrote:
Brother Chris… YOU ARE NOT BLACK! We all know this.

You are right about Africa and the church, though. Missionaries hold bread in one hand and a bible in the other. No condoms, though… In a country riddled with AIDS!

[/quote]

Like I said…Honorary Member of the Black Super Hero Squad…hate on that playa.

Yes, AIDs is an interesting thing, two comments on it:

1. The Church does more than anyone else in Africa with AIDS. She is the only institution that helps the persons close and concretely, with prevention, education, help, counsel, and accompaniment. She is first in treating AIDS victims, especially children with AIDs. The Church does more than anyone else, because she does not speak from the tribunal of the newspapers, but helps her brothers and sisters where they are actually suffering.

2. We cannot solve the problem with distributing condoms. Much more is needed and needs to be done. We have to help and be close to them, as well guide them. This needs to be done after, but also before they contract HIV/AIDS. These people can get condoms when they want, but condoms do not provide a solution.

Looking at the ABC theory, the focus on the condom implies a banalization of sexuality. We need to fight against this banalization of sexuality as part of the struggle against AIDS and show that sexuality is a postive value, not a drug where condoms are known as a last resort.

[quote]garcia1970 wrote:
I am trying to be just as hateful and ignorant as you, Zeb. [/quote]

In all my many years on T Nation I never wished death or disease on anyone, like you did to me. When you say things like that “Professor” all you do is show your frustration in dealing with the issue at hand, your pettiness, ignorance and your outright mean spiritedness. It’s border line criminal behavior in my opinion. It’s people like you that would eliminate free speech if you had the chance.

I do that for a very good reason. I want to discredit your views and call you a liar. Simple enough for you? You claim to be a Professor and then misspell the easiest of words, name call and wish death on those you disagree with. I know our Universities have fallen many notches below what they once were, but I would hope that they have not fallen so far as to hire someone like you. When I went to college many of my Professors may have been liberal but none acted like a mean spirited teenager. [quote]You obviously don’t know any professors.[/quote]

Yeah…Ooooookay “Professor.”

Spell checking words like disappointment? Anyone who was actually a Professor would know how to spell disappointment no need for spell check. You are a fraud, and not a very good one. One more thing “spell check” is two words. Any “Professor” would know that as well.

Also Millionaire wanna-be’s? Are you that dumb to think that those of us who are conservative all want to be millionaires? You buffoon! We might just want to live comfortably and keep more of our hard earned dollars. And maybe have something to pass on to our children (and not the government). You are actually starting to remind me of another poster on this board that used to frequent the PWI section until he was proven a fraud. He too was a hateful ignorant wanna be.

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
BC, if you are really black, I’m seriously disappointed you are not of the southern baptist gospel variety. They have so much more soul than the Catholic CHurch. Ever think of converting? (Then again, you might not be black after all)[/quote]

Lol. I’ll refrain from explaining right now how the Southern Baptist Convention ain’t the Church, and how it doesn’t have the Holy Ghost’s protection. And, how I’d rather sit still in silence during service before I’d go to a service without the Real Presence in the Eucharist.

Before desegregation, the majority of blacks were in the Catholic Church in The South…maybe that has something to with Southern Baptists rejecting racism only after 1994-95. The Catholic Church also condemned the Atlantic slave trade and particularly racial slavery first in 1435 (hint: that was before there even was a Southern Baptist Convention).

You should really see a black preacher in the Catholic Church. :wink: Lively soul, orthodoxy, and the Real Presence!

I wish Fr. Augustine would let me produce his sermons (though he’s an aboriginal from Australia) though. He preaches on Wednesday nights and the last service on Sundays…this Sunday his sermon was 3.5 hours long (he was talking about those that hate the Virgin Mary by not hating sin). It was a beautiful sermon, a bunch of brimstone and fire. I’ll miss his sermons once I go back to school

By the way…the local Parish is made up of and is in an African American/African community and no…I don’t travel to it, it’s across the street from my house…yes that means I live in an African American community…no, there isn’t a lot of crime.

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:
Besides the fact that white privilege is non-existent and white people generally does not give any more of a shit about the white man than anyone else. The last thing that a minority needs is a belief in some conspiracy to keep them down, you know why it enables them to fail. The idea that one can never succeed because some invisible bad guy holding you down because he doesn’t like your skin color,or gender(for the feminists out there), enables the attitude that you just shouldn’t try to get ahead because no matter what you do you will never get anywhere. Although that is taking a more optimistic view, not counting on the fact that humans are lazy by nature and these “evil white man” conspiracies are just a fucking excuse for the incompetent, unintelligent, and lazy, kind of like the “diet and exercise doesn’t work on me” thyroid and genetics excuse’s fat people use which to almost all on this site know to be bullshit, but a significant portion of the population maintains anyway.

And just who the fuck gave Tim Wise the right to speak for the white American experience any ways. He’s from the suburbs of Nashville not exactly representative of how most white Americans live,how would some suburban yuppie know if i have lived a privileged life in rural Alabama.

And on a similar note who the fuck is he to speak on behalf of the black man, Tim Wise isnt black and he has no idea what the struggles of a black man in America are like. To be honest i am not 100% sure either but i would put money that there about the same as everyone else’s problems paying the bills, keeping the old lady happy, and the kids fed, not some white devil boogey man.[/quote]

Your obviously conflicted. You admit that the tim wise and yourself do not know what the struggles of the black man are like, so it sounds like you admit there are issues but you think there are no racial advantages to being white. But you didn’t answer if you would take the pill. [/quote]

Conflicted, not at all. There are issues but, they come from black culture and are perpetuated by con-men like Jesse Jackson and nutcases like Tim Wise not white privilege. A culture that discourages its people from obtaining education and blaming its failures on someone else is bound to cause problems, which by the way you cant blame on the white man.

And why the fuck would i entertain a question about a fictional pill.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]garcia1970 wrote:
I am trying to be just as hateful and ignorant as you, Zeb. [/quote]

In all my many years on T Nation I never wished death or disease on anyone, like you did to me. When you say things like that “Professor” all you do is show your frustration in dealing with the issue at hand, your pettiness, ignorance and your outright mean spiritedness. It’s border line criminal behavior in my opinion. It’s people like you that would eliminate free speech if you had the chance.

I do that for a very good reason. I want to discredit your views and call you a liar. Simple enough for you? You claim to be a Professor and then misspell the easiest of words, name call and wish death on those you disagree with. I know our Universities have fallen many notches below what they once were, but I would hope that they have not fallen so far as to hire someone like you. When I went to college many of my Professors may have been liberal but none acted like a mean spirited teenager. [quote]You obviously don’t know any professors.[/quote]

Yeah…Ooooookay “Professor.”

Spell checking words like disappointment? Anyone who was actually a Professor would know how to spell disappointment no need for spell check. You are a fraud, and not a very good one. One more thing “spell check” is two words. Any “Professor” would know that as well.

Also Millionaire wanna-be’s? Are you that dumb to think that those of us who are conservative all want to be millionaires? You buffoon! We might just want to live comfortably and keep more of our hard earned dollars. And maybe have something to pass on to our children (and not the government). You are actually starting to remind me of another poster on this board that used to frequent the PWI section until he was proven a fraud. He too was a hateful ignorant wanna be.

[/quote]

LOL! Criminal behavior???
What a putz.

Hate for hate, my man. THATS how its gona be from now on. Sick of posting reasonable dissent and being called names.

Hate for hate. Youu as a christian conservative should understand that.

Oh, and Brother Chris,

Yes. Teaching that sex outside of marriage is evil is a real solution to AIDS. How’d the abstinence pitch work out everywhere else?

As you can tell, I’m a recovering Catholic.

[quote]garcia1970 wrote:
Oh, and Brother Chris,

Yes. Teaching that sex outside of marriage is evil is a real solution to AIDS. How’d the abstinence pitch work out everywhere else?

As you can tell, I’m a recovering Catholic.[/quote]

Worked out fine until people started putting condoms out there and then the rates of AIDS, STDS, and out of wedlock pregnancies went up.

Oh, and the Church cleans up more of that mess than anyone else…even though we didn’t cause it.

The only way you are going to eradicate these diseases is to form the culture so that culture stays virgins until they are in wedlock.

If people stopped having sex out of wedlock, in one generation about 99.9% of future cases would stop. The only spread would be through drug use and blood transfer in medical occupations.

It wasn’t that long ago that you had yourself in your avatar Chris.

[quote]garcia1970 wrote:

Hate for hate, my man. THATS how its gona be from now on. Sick of posting reasonable dissent and being called names. Hate for hate. Youu as a christian conservative should understand that.
[/quote]

You’re a joke, I say that people, blacks, whites everyone, should be treated equal and for that you call me hateful and wish death on me? By the way that went over really well with everyone. It’s nice that you’ve shown what you’re made of. Not that we didn’t already know. But verification is always good.

Oh one more point “Professor” if you’re going to use slang, “gonna” has two n’s. I won’t even mention that you put two U’s in the word “you” as anyone can do that without thinking. And of course we all know you never think when you’re posting.

Bye for now “Professor”

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
BC, if you are really black, I’m seriously disappointed you are not of the southern baptist gospel variety. They have so much more soul than the Catholic CHurch. Ever think of converting? (Then again, you might not be black after all)[/quote]

Lol. I’ll refrain from explaining right now how the Southern Baptist Convention ain’t the Church, and how it doesn’t have the Holy Ghost’s protection. And, how I’d rather sit still in silence during service before I’d go to a service without the Real Presence in the Eucharist.

Before desegregation, the majority of blacks were in the Catholic Church in The South…maybe that has something to with Southern Baptists rejecting racism only after 1994-95. The Catholic Church also condemned the Atlantic slave trade and particularly racial slavery first in 1435 (hint: that was before there even was a Southern Baptist Convention).

You should really see a black preacher in the Catholic Church. :wink: Lively soul, orthodoxy, and the Real Presence!

I wish Fr. Augustine would let me produce his sermons (though he’s an aboriginal from Australia) though. He preaches on Wednesday nights and the last service on Sundays…this Sunday his sermon was 3.5 hours long (he was talking about those that hate the Virgin Mary by not hating sin). It was a beautiful sermon, a bunch of brimstone and fire. I’ll miss his sermons once I go back to school

By the way…the local Parish is made up of and is in an African American/African community and no…I don’t travel to it, it’s across the street from my house…yes that means I live in an African American community…no, there isn’t a lot of crime.[/quote]

After getting past your very predictable God-doesn’t-go-to-that-other-church CatholicSpeak, I’m still glad your enjoying your parish. :slight_smile: