White Privilege

Iirc manslaughter is what she was picked up on. Given she’s an LEO, odds are really low charges will go above that, regardless of what actually happened.

No, the wrong key part hadn’t occurred to me. But then, yes, sometimes a person might leave their door unlocked at times.

You’d think living across the street from a police station would make you less likely to be murdered in your living room, not the opposite.

Manslaughter is a very possible charge since she did not go in with the intention of ending a person’s life. I’d say it’s the likely charge, since proving murder is really hard when you have evidence, witnesses and a confession.
The difference in the charges are the intent of the defendant. A murder charge has to include knowingly entering a situation where you may take a life and taking a life. In other words, intent to kill had to be on the defendant’s mind. The fact that this was a catastrophic mistake, but a mistake nonetheless, manslaughter seems the more likely change. I would be surprised to see her charged with murder.

You’re still very unlikely to be murdered in your living room. It just wasn’t this guy’s day.

Yeah I know. But when this officer gets off with a slap on the wrist it’ll just be another BLM meme

If she gets a slap on the wrist. Manslaughter is no joke. If she get’s manslaughter with aggravating circumstances, she could get serious time.
I don’t know how much time she deserves but I don’t think this is a ‘throw away the key’ kind of case.

Eh, I guess we’ll have to see the result of the trial, but since she’s an LEO I’m guessing 5-7 yrs tops.

When the crime is breaking into someone’s house and murdering them that feels like a slap on the wrist to me, and I don’t have preconceived notions bout the race dynamic that a lot would have.

It certainly won’t be. She should just thank god the race and gender were both in her favor on this one. God help a black man that breaks into a white woman’s apartment and murders her… in Texas

When she shot him, what was her intention?

I wonder how much the police look out their windows. Well, they are around the area more, but obviously have just as much responsibility at the fringes of their jurisdiction as anywhere else.

Probably not often, but you’d hopefully have one helluva response time

I’d be willing to bet any amount of money that at least 1 square block around a police station has astronomically low crime rates.

Like I bet the 1 block area around Baltimore PD has a lower crime rate than BFE Kansas on it’s best day.

I just solved crime. Police station every 4 blocks. Boom. I’ll take my Nobel now.

Well, astronomical cost. Actually, just have Big Brother cameras with audio and reams of storage space, that easily can be found these days. there are storefront security cameras the data for which is often requested by the police, but something like red light cameras, but everywhere. Why not pay a few police to run drones around?

I guess they would be stuck like the STASI with too much data to sift through.

1 Like

You’d be wrong. There’s this place called Wilkinsburg. The refrigeration crew I was on long ago were a bunch of guys from down in WVa. They didn’t understand where they were. They’d walk double wide down the sidewalk and shoulder bump people, give the hardcore stink eye, etc. as we walked to get lunch. I tried to tell them to smarten up, but they wouldn’t listen. One guy told Me I didn’t know who I was talking to. So I pointed to the building near by. I showed him all of the pock marks from hand guns and the holes from the 7.62. THAT was the police station.

They smartened up real quick. Suddenly overcome with politeness.

2 Likes

To question the suspect, duh.

Yeah, the only time my friend had to pull his gun for his protection was right next to a police station.

Thankfully (for her), you are not her attorney because that would end up getting her sent to prison.

Especially since I am not an attorney. Her ass would be going to prison.

"I object. Dude dropping some bullshit right here! "

I don’t know why she thought pulling her weapon was a better idea than turning on the light or looking at the number.

1 Like

I’ve watched a whole lot of Tim Wise’s mumbo jumbo to come to my conclusive opinion of him being one of the most resentful and hate-filled people I’ve ever heard speak.

Challenge: is there a country on earth in which the majority or native population is not privileged? How would it be otherwise?

Imagine if I parked my ass as a lone Jewish man in Japan or Poland and then wonder why I don’t have all the benefits bestowed on the natives by their ancestors and communities they’ve been living amongst since the time respective nations were founded? It would be absurd!

What’s wrong with privilege? Does anyone here plan on NOT privileging their kids or other relatives? Does anyone think privilege is not practiced in ANY community, society, family, or nation?

1 Like

I actually admire it. I worked for a family that was on its fifth generation of company ownership. The kid used to get hung up on it like I might look down on him for not being self made.

I had to clear the air a little and told him to run with it. He had a lot to learn about business ownership and management, and that he wasn’t going to learn it until he fully accepted the responsibilities that it entails.

I could die happy knowing that I did well in life and provided every possible advantage to my son. That would make it all truly worth it.

2 Likes

Native Americans, Aboriginals, Natives of all Latin America, all of Africa?

2 Likes