White Privilege

Hey, man, you should feel privileged to have a way higher chance of developing melanoma than black people.

1 Like

OK. I think today, although the effects of historic racism linger, poor whites and poor blacks have a lot more in common now than ever before. Itā€™s funny because the supposed genius Ayn Rand once said, in reference to the civil rights movement in the south, that all of the racists were poor white trash. She was such a fraud.

1 Like

Maybe Neanderthal should be a protected class.

I donā€™t know much about Rand tbh. I have a copy of Atlas Shrugged somewhere, but havenā€™t gotten to it (not sure I ever will. I swear my backlist grows every other dayā€¦).

No doubt.

That isnā€™t equality of opportunity or outcome!

Fucked again. Thanks, Ancestors. Iā€™ll never win the victim olympics at this rate.

1 Like

If you can explain to me how to creat generational wealth and buy anything outside of your company store with coal scrip, Iā€™ll buy your next house for you.

edit: Using coal scrip. Hahahaha!

1 Like

Brave man, Iā€™d have to ask my granddaddy for a loan to pay for someone elseā€™s house.

1 Like

Well, its monopoly money, so I can be generous.

In keeping with the theme though, the model they used back then was quite fair. Black, white, and regardless of nationality, they were all fucked.

1 Like

Reminds me of this
Found%20it%20to%20be%20accurate%20being%20a%20marine%20i%20find_003789_5214979

2 Likes

Which acknowledges that there are differences between how races are treated.

It also shows a guy that joined in the 40s that made General.

What if he joined in the 20s?

Heā€™d of had to pick a real branch.

1 Like

You can revisit discussions that you have already had in the past. And the IQ bit isnā€™t totally out of place in this thread.

I have read a decent amount of papers published studying the link of genetics to intelligence and I have never come across a conclusion claiming to what degree intelligence is heritable. Not saying there isnā€™t a paper out there making that claim though. But it is a rather difficult thing to quantify and I would be skeptical of someone attempting to make that claim. It is certainly not worth disputing that environmental factors and genetics both contribute to ones IQ the evidence is solid on that. But really that wasnā€™t the point. The point was that the data seems to indicate that if you could make all things equal (because no study is perfect) and hypothesize on IQ performance base on race you could predict the following: Ashkenazi Jewish> East Asian >White>Black.

But I think we all have seen Rudy and know that with a little bit of grit anyone can accomplish great things.

Can you define the ā€œwhiteā€ and ā€œblackā€ race for me?

1 Like

Interesting point.

While genetics is all encompassing I would speculate that what you see in those inner city schools is more a product of culture and a of lack structure from a very young age.

The only evidence I have are anecdotes from all my Nigerian and Cameroonian friends and colleagues. Disrespect and misbehavior in the environment they come from has consequences. Many of them have said they are shocked at the behavior and situation of black people in America. When they first came to the country they lived in predominantly black lower socio economic neighborhoods and heard at great length many of the complaints of black Americans. There response was ā€œyou think you have problems come see what its like in Lagos you wouldnā€™t last.ā€

Obviously historically black Americans are a disenfranchised group. That no doubt played a part in contributing to the culture they now find themselves in. But these African peers of mine came here and with so many obstacles from living in poverty to language barriers, many of them became huge successes. One stat I saw put the children of African migrants as the the highest pursuers of graduate degrees in the country. But part of me had to consider which portion of Nigerians and Cameroonians were coming to the country. Or any immigrant for that matter. It tends to be the more motivated, intelligent and driven individuals. Or ones who come from a well established upper class family back home.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a politically loaded question in the US with the faux-binary choice (dear lord, Iā€™m sounding like a postmodernist gender studies major), but elsewhere itā€™s perfectly valid due to massive arbitrariness as the same individual can be called the Russian equivalent of n-word in Russia and being called a ā€œwhiteyā€ in Brazil.

1 Like

I said Ashkenazi Jewish > East Asian > White > Black. I could have worded that many number of ways . But you know what I mean when I say that.

As I said earlier

I never claimed there was a white race or black race. But the idea of race as a distinction amongst people is a valid one. There are different races of human beings. There are morphological differences among different groups of humans across the world. You can categorize these people based on those differences. Some people have a problem with that but it has many utilities to do so.

All I know (think) is, I donā€™t see how my light skinned buddy from Brooklyn and my Jamaican born buddy from the Bronx are the same ā€œraceā€ because theyā€™re both a shade of brown/black. Just like I donā€™t see how a full bred Italian and a red headed Irishmen is ā€œwhiteā€.

No, I donā€™t. What is an ā€œEast Asianā€? Chinese, Japanese, both, plus Korea. Is your contention that theyā€™re the same ā€œraceā€? What is the ā€œblack raceā€? Everyone from Africa? Do we exclude Egyptians? What about folks from the various islands? What race are the folks from Guam?

Iā€™m honestly asking because the ā€œblackā€ race and the ā€œwhiteā€ race have never made much sense to me.

1 Like