White Privilege

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Well now take a deep breath and tell me why you think our society is sick. We can do this one of two ways I’m trying really hard to take the high road.[/quote]
You are so very arrogant. I am guessing you are a member of the baby boomer generation, they often have to really try hard to take the high road as they live in a world completely of the path. Thanks for being so kind to a lower life form like myself.

Your right I can’t imagine any improvements that could make our country better on the national, state, city, our personal house hold levels. It all as g-d intended so no need for debate or attempts at improvements. Racism is good for everyone, whites have no and never had any advantages. I think that you can have this conversation alone so stop bringing me in to it with you.

This kind of feels weird with all white guys talking …like a bunch of guys now dancing alone after the girls go to the bathroom.

[quote]BlakeAJackson wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

I do agree that stereotypes are correct in many instances and that empathy is probably the most missing spiritual/religious characteristic in the world, but what exactly is the discussion to be had?

[/quote]

…You can see the same dismissive and condescending talk… [/quote]

Well, I dismissed this guy after hearing his argument and based on the fact that he is pretty much preaching to the converted. I’d take him a bit more seriously if he was lecturing in suburban white america and they were honestly a bit touched by what he had to say.

I saw a thing yesterday by the youtube guy Pat Condell, who I’m not really sure of, but he was commenting on the riot in England. Same difference in most of these racist arguments, except in England it was poor white people stuck in an entitlement culture “trying to get theirs”, and he brought up the comparison to Somalian refugees who are pretty much fucked in an existential way.

Compare that to a welfare receiving, low socioeconomic status individual, regardless of color. You have food stamps, social security, pell grants, and a whole host of ways for these people to survive and better themselves, all of it paid for by the “privileged” people who go to work everyday and get upwards of 30% of their wages taken from them to pay for this stuff.

But somehow, I’m supposed to feel bad about being one of these people who is “privileged” enough to help pay the bills for everyone. Some of the entitlement programs are just badly managed, but I don’t mind paying for some of them as in this type of culture I do feel blessed and a bit lucky to be where I am. I’m not going to apologize for it though.

Tim Wise is a liberal troll whose function in life is to show off how “not racist” his is by casting unearned guilt on other whites.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Biggest secret of America: rising middle class blacks.[/quote]
Are you saying that this is intentionally being hidden? or implying that something should be done about it? Either way using a positive improvement is hardly a way to dismiss personal prejudice when it harms yourself and others in the process. [/quote]

Did you just call me a honky clansman?

[quote]Nards wrote:
This kind of feels weird with all white guys talking …like a bunch of guys now dancing alone after the girls go to the bathroom.[/quote]

Wanna dance pretty lady?

1 Like

It must of been nice to have such a sheltered life, that one would have to resort to made up bourgeois social issues such as white privilege to feel important.

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:
It must of been nice to have such a sheltered life, that one would have to resort to made up bourgeois social issues such as white privilege to feel important. [/quote]

Yeah its lack of experience that helps people gain empathy for others situation. I personally have not had an easy life and that is exactly why I am able to recognize others struggles and acknowledge their perseverance and adversity. The fact that people can overcome their situation in some instances is not proof that all people can overcome their circumstance. Further more if this is a made up issue perhaps you should take his test of being offered a pill that would change your skin color to brown to everyone that does not already know you. To your friends and family you would be the same, but to employers, police, store clerk, ect you would appear brown. You will take the pill right?

Biggest secret of America: rising middle class blacks.[/quote]
Are you saying that this is intentionally being hidden? or implying that something should be done about it? Either way using a positive improvement is hardly a way to dismiss personal prejudice when it harms yourself and others in the process. [/quote]

Did you just call me a honky clansman?[/quote]

I am certianly interested in what you were getting at with that comment.

I am certianly interested in what you were getting at with that comment.

[/quote]

You know I am black right?

You know I am black right?[/quote]
LOL. How would I have known you were black?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Well now take a deep breath and tell me why you think our society is sick. We can do this one of two ways I’m trying really hard to take the high road.[/quote]
You are so very arrogant. I am guessing you are a member of the baby boomer generation, they often have to really try hard to take the high road as they live in a world completely of the path. Thanks for being so kind to a lower life form like myself.[/quote]

Do you feel better now?

[quote]Your right I can’t imagine any improvements that could make our country better on the national, state, city, our personal house hold levels. It all as g-d intended so no need for debate or attempts at improvements. Racism is good for everyone, whites have no and never had any advantages. I think that you can have this conversation alone so stop bringing me in to it with you.

[/quote]

Still no specifics, just a generalized whine.

So…?

[quote]theuofh wrote:

But somehow, I’m supposed to feel bad about being one of these people who is “privileged” enough to help pay the bills for everyone. Some of the entitlement programs are just badly managed, but I don’t mind paying for some of them as in this type of culture I do feel blessed and a bit lucky to be where I am. I’m not going to apologize for it though. [/quote]

Well said. I’ve done pretty well for myself and pay my taxes to help support the other half of the country (black-white and all sorts of colors) that pays nothing. The guy on the video can also be dismissed because he sounds and acts like a nut. Did you study his mannerisms? Sheesh…someone would have to be hard up to think that he had even one good answer to any particular problem. And I’m surprised that he’s not locked up in some loony bin. Well in time…

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:
It must of been nice to have such a sheltered life, that one would have to resort to made up bourgeois social issues such as white privilege to feel important. [/quote]

Yeah its lack of experience that helps people gain empathy for others situation. I personally have not had an easy life and that is exactly why I am able to recognize others struggles and acknowledge their perseverance and adversity. The fact that people can overcome their situation in some instances is not proof that all people can overcome their circumstance.[/quote]

And all people are supposed to overcome their circumstances? Since when? Do all people get to be millionaires too? Some win, some lose, that’s life isn’t it?

[quote]Further more if this is a made up issue perhaps you should take his test of being offered a pill that would change your skin color to brown to everyone that does not already know you. To your friends and family you would be the same, but to employers, police, store clerk, ect you would appear brown. You will take the pill right?
[/quote]

I was brought up to believe that you should be happy in your own skin. Whatever that color might be. I think it matters more to people like you than to the rest of society.

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

Yeah its lack of experience that helps people gain empathy for others situation. I personally have not had an easy life and that is exactly why I am able to recognize others struggles and acknowledge their perseverance and adversity. The fact that people can overcome their situation in some instances is not proof that all people can overcome their circumstance. Further more if this is a made up issue perhaps you should take his test of being offered a pill that would change your skin color to brown to everyone that does not already know you. To your friends and family you would be the same, but to employers, police, store clerk, ect you would appear brown. You will take the pill right?
[/quote]

you do realize there is no such thing right, or do you actually beleive Tim Wise’s bullshit?

Besides the fact that white privilege is non-existent and white people generally does not give any more of a shit about the white man than anyone else. The last thing that a minority needs is a belief in some conspiracy to keep them down, you know why it enables them to fail. The idea that one can never succeed because some invisible bad guy holding you down because he doesn’t like your skin color,or gender(for the feminists out there), enables the attitude that you just shouldn’t try to get ahead because no matter what you do you will never get anywhere. Although that is taking a more optimistic view, not counting on the fact that humans are lazy by nature and these “evil white man” conspiracies are just a fucking excuse for the incompetent, unintelligent, and lazy, kind of like the “diet and exercise doesn’t work on me” thyroid and genetics excuse’s fat people use which to almost all on this site know to be bullshit, but a significant portion of the population maintains anyway.

And just who the fuck gave Tim Wise the right to speak for the white American experience any ways. He’s from the suburbs of Nashville not exactly representative of how most white Americans live,how would some suburban yuppie know if i have lived a privileged life in rural Alabama.

And on a similar note who the fuck is he to speak on behalf of the black man, Tim Wise isnt black and he has no idea what the struggles of a black man in America are like. To be honest i am not 100% sure either but i would put money that there about the same as everyone else’s problems paying the bills, keeping the old lady happy, and the kids fed, not some white devil boogey man.

frig me, from an Australian perspective, we live in a multicultural country like no other. When i think of USA, I think they have a black president and than I think how the fuuuurk can people in that country (like the guy on the film and the OP) actually think that colored people are still discriminated against?
Bit funny, the most important job in the bloody world is the US president LOL, and hes black, stop whinging and look at the real world, poor people are all colors, and no one gives a fuuurk about anyone really, unless they are family. Shit I don’t care what color you are if you gonna give me a good pay check, and i certainly couldn’t give a rats ass if your black/white/yellow…fuuurk, if you rfriggen pink (ok id laugh if you tatoo yourself pink lol).

You know I am black right?[/quote]
LOL. How would I have known you were black?[/quote]

Because I’m an Honorary Member of the Black Super Hero Squad, they call me the Green Arrow.

[quote]rambodian wrote:
frig me, from an Australian perspective, we live in a multicultural country like no other. When i think of USA, I think they have a black president and than I think how the fuuuurk can people in that country (like the guy on the film and the OP) actually think that colored people are still discriminated against?
Bit funny, the most important job in the bloody world is the US president LOL, and hes black, stop whinging and look at the real world, poor people are all colors, and no one gives a fuuurk about anyone really, unless they are family. Shit I don’t care what color you are if you gonna give me a good pay check, and i certainly couldn’t give a rats ass if your black/white/yellow…fuuurk, if you rfriggen pink (ok id laugh if you tatoo yourself pink lol).[/quote]
Obama is Black? Though he was as much white as black.