White Privilege

Tell me English is your third or fourth language, or you have suffered some serious brain trauma, because you have the reading comprehension of a cinder block.

Nice dude.

When you combine this:

ā€œI stated a fact about modern conspiracy theories. The Nazis are gone yet, the same forces that were behind the antisemitism then, and before the nazis existed, still exist. There is nothing to read into that, it is a fact, there is no what do I mean by that.ā€

and this

ā€œThe Nazis are gone. But if you look at contemporary conspiracy theories, many contain references to the Rothschilds and the Jews.ā€

Its not unfathomable to suspect that might be what you are saying. You could just say no that is not what I meant oglebee. But why do that when insulting me personally is just so much more satisfying.

I am gonna take a hiatus get back to my day. Hope you have a good one zecarlo. I love you. :heart:

It is unfathomable unless you are being deliberately obtuse because your feelings have been hurt.

It isnā€™t in regards to someone who flat out refuses to denounce the protocols of the elders of zion.

Ok zecarolo that was the last comment. I have to get back to my coloring book.

Youā€™ve obviously never been to Russia.

You do know, you havenā€™t done that either.

Yes, those who donā€™t know history. The Protocols is taught as being true in some Middle Eastern countries if Iā€™m not mistaken.

If you look at mein kampf, very few Germans read it. Of those that did, few finished it. Itā€™s long, rambling and repetitive. But for a few it was the Bible. And thatā€™s all that was needed.

These ideas just need to survive and hope that one day someone with influence can convince a number of people to believe them.

Wow.

Use it for good, folks.

1 Like

That letter from ā€œWhiteyā€ has to be fake. And even if it isnā€™t, those replies are moronic.

Like this: ā€œAs a straight white male raised by two professionals in an American suburb, I know I was born into a life of extraordinary privilege. But it wasnā€™t always that way. It took me many years to begin to recognize these advantages as unearned, the product of corrupt systems stacked in my favor.ā€

My father was an immigrant who grew up in the middle of a war, came here, worked construction, busting his ass and has to live with bad shoulders and a bad back. My grandfather was a WW2 vet who had the extreme pleasure of almost having his ass blown off over the skies of Germany in order to save the world, then used the GI Bill to get an advanced degree from Harvard. Whatever ā€œhelpā€ I got from these men, and others in my family, was earned as it was paid for by their blood, sweat and tears. Iā€™m not saying that African-Americans donā€™t have a unique history in this nation when it comes to oppression; Iā€™m not saying that European immigrants had it just as bad. Iā€™m just saying this idea that whatever benefits we get from our parents are unearned, is flat out stupid. I should feel ashamed that my family made sacrifices for me, and in the case of my grandfather for the world, and this benefited me? Thatā€™s an insult to them. Only mayonnaise Americans with no sense of who they are and no regard for their history would ever think like that. By making helping your children to be successful in life a bad thing since that help is ā€œunearnedā€, what is the message? Donā€™t help your kids? Is that a value we want to pass on to all Americans, including black Americans? That sure sounds like a plan for success.

2 Likes

These conversations genuinely irk me. My grandfather was a WWII vet that ended up drinking himself to death. My other grandfather was a nice enough guy (I barely knew him) and he also drank/smoked himself to death. Both pretty poor. My father busted his ass working his way from lowly rodman to running the field crews at a civil engineering firm taking us from apartment to small town house to suburbia. My mother worked odd jobs/part-time, but mostly took care of us.

When I left home, at 18, I had the shirt on my back and a ticket to Parris Island, SC. After serving for four years, I worked full-time and went to community college. Fast forward a decade and I have two degrees and am a CMA (thousands of dollars out of pocket for these things after the GI Bill expired). Now I make a good living, live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood, and can afford nice things for my kids. It must have been all of that white privilegedā€¦

Yeah, but imagine being black in addition to all of that.

I can agree with the idea that as a whole, blacks have more disadvantages. Unfortunately whites are all perceived as suburbanites or cosmopolitan city folk. But the idea that a white person should feel guilty about reaping the benefits that his parents worked for and/ or the benefits that he himself worked for, is ridiculous. It should be seen as a good example rather than something to disparage. These are the values that build strong families and uplift communities. How many of these guilt ridden white people are so racked with guilt they just give it all away, move to the ghetto, get on government assistance, maybe go to prison, just so their kids will know the ā€œblack experienceā€ and not have any advantages?

1 Like

I also recently read that blacks are shot in about a quarter of police shooting while whites are shot in 40%. Keep in mind black make up 13.4% of the US population, while non-hispanic whites make up 60.7%.

My "white privilegeā€™ thread inspired, race based, fact of the day.

The more you know!

Stats are funny things. If I were presented these numbers as proof of racism or police bias, I would ask where do these shootings occur, for both blacks and whites. If, the overwhelming majority of blacks who are shot, are shot in poorer, crime ridden areas, then maybe that is the important element. Of course, the case could be made that the reason why blacks find themselves in that situation is related to race but that becomes a different argument from simple police racism.

That was painful to read. Iā€™ll never get those 5 minutes back, ugh.

Plus, something like 20% of the population lives in rural areas and (Iā€™m guessing) the vast majority of that 20% is white. I havenā€™t seen a breakdown so I canā€™t confirm. Point being, police shootings are much more rare in rural areas and probably skews the percentage of whites being shoot #.

Not to mention, the number of fatal shootings is pretty low in total anyway. Particularly when you factor in the unique police/citizen encounters per year (something like 65M).
WaPo data

Iā€™ll have to find the numbers again, but I also read that MORE unarmed blacks were killed than unarmed whites.

WaPo collects the stats.

But why limit onerself to POCs in the US? There are so many others someone living in the West has slighted with his privileged lifestyle. If you really want to atone for the sins youā€™ve commited, fly to Kinshasa in the Democratic Republic of Congo and beg forgiveness from the locals because you own a smartphone.

What about cocoa planters in the Cote dā€™Ivoire? Coffee planters in Ethiopia? The list is endlessā€¦