White Privilege

On a serious note. This is such a typical liberal leftist ideologs response.

Do you not realize he is stating that the word “uprising” was inappropriate for describing what had been going on in Baltimore. Uprising implies some opposing force. Whose the opposing force? As Shapiro rhetorically asked was it the black city council, black president etc etc.

Ancient Greek civilization died well over a thousand years ago. We are still under its influence.

I would also ask fewer people in what way? Fewer in total when you add up all the people alive or dead? Or fewer as a proportion of who is alive? If you live in an inner city, you are subject to them.

Jim Crow was a result of emancipation so you see, there is a connection.

Ignoring that historical forces are, to whatever degree responsible, is better than not acknowledging that fact. Understanding the complexity of the problem stops people from saying rap music is to blame or that black people need to simply do whatever. The solution is not simple because the problem is not simple. But diminishing the causes or even ignoring them feels good to people who somehow equate the culpability of what whites did in the past with them being guilty now. Of course, the other side doesn’t help with things like white privilege. So you have one side wanting to blame whites today and the other saying that what whites did in the past has no relevance to today.

It coincides with the drug war.

That right there tells you he is disingenuous. If he really wanted to know he would go out and talk to people and actually learn before engaging in his rhetoric. That by the way, is how ideologues operate.

Failed government policies from both sides. It is also racist to assume that because a mayor, councilman, whoever, is black he should somehow have his peoples’ best interests in mind. Also, why does their color matter anyway? If they were white and had the same failings it would make a difference? Regardless of what their color is they are in power and just as all of those white politicians in DC fail us, black politicians are no different. The fact that black and white politicians fail them show how it is the government which is the power they are “rising” against. Unfortunately, they can only react irrationally because that’s all they can do. Maybe another MLK will come along to make the reaction more rational.

Sounds like the answer may have to come from within these communities and families. Somebody has to start marrying those single mothers, and it can’t be the taxpayer.

All of those missing fathers? I mean, I know incarceration is higher, but still. I’d have to check up on that.

1 Like

And because of Eve, I’m stuck outside the garden. At some point we’ve gotta take responsibility for our circumstances.

3 Likes

At least you can get baptized to wash away original sin. Try that with white privilege.

It’s his vision. If not, then what else is there. It’s the top of the pyramid, anything else is down hill…

About 2.3 percent of the 74 million children in the U.S. resident population who were under the age of 18 on July 1, 2007, had a parent in prison. Black and Hispanic children were about eight and three times, respectively, more likely than white children to have a parent in prison. Among minor children in the U.S. resident population, 6.7 percent of black children, 2.4 percent of Hispanic children, and 0.9 percent of white children had a parent in prison. State inmates who were parents reported that nearly a quarter of their children were age four or younger and reported having two children on average.

It’s not the quantity of melanin in one’s skin, the prime example being Russia - an epidemic of single parent households in the dying days of communism produced generations of lower class men and women suffering from many of the same social ills affecting AAs in the US - rampant alcoholism and drug abuse, mass incarceration, high levels of crime, gun violence, even a very specific Russian ghetto/thug culture with strong aversion to any kind of education.

3 Likes

Or they shouldn’t be mothers in the first place.

You need to understand the concept first. The left looks the other way, the right just wants to lock them up.

If someone came out today, preaching the same values as MLK, he would be seen as an Uncle Tom by the new activists. He was a straight man. Married with kids. College educated. A christian, whose views were influenced by his religion, I dare say the best aspects of his religion. He might as well be a white man because that man has no place at the new civil rights table.

What we have now is a degenerated version of his vision. If you look at BLM’s agenda, maybe you have, you’ll see that there is a difference in core values. MLK was not a utopian because he was a rational person. The new activists are utopians, governed by their irrationality.

At least they have trigger discipline.

1 Like

Shapiro holds talks all across the country and its an open invitation to anyone who would like to have a dialogue.

Ben Shapiro using a few rhetorical questions does not make him disingenuous in the least. Ad hominem bro ad hominem.

Zecarlo man. You seem articulate but its like your willfully ignorant.

Baltimore riots were portrayed in the media as a black uprising against the racist white establishment keeping the black Baltimoreans down. Hence why Ben Shapiro had an issue with the use of the word “uprising”.

No one said the black citizens weren’t being neglected by the black majority leadership. That is the issue. Thats what should have been said. Ben Shapiro probably would agree with that statement. The issue was that it was portrayed as an issue of white society holding black society down in Baltimore and that clearly was not the case. So Shapiro then went on to say what he said. I wont quote it again just look at the previous post if you need to read it again.

1 Like

Not what an ad hominem means. I said he was disingenuous based on what he said, not that he was disingenuous so therefore what he says must be as well.

Sometimes what seems to be true, is.

Is that what the rioters felt?

He has the right to feel offended by language, just like the college kids he mocks (he can also be a hypocrite). However, people can and do interpret events differently. Personally, I don’t like that choice of word either but that is not why I called him disingenuous.

Looking at Baltimore I would say that that isn’t that clear. Shapiro might think a mayor has more power over social and cultural change than he actually does. If Shapiro was the genius he believes himself to be, and I can see how out debating 19 years olds might make one feel that way, then he would understand you don’t change a society in a few years. Emancipation did not eliminate the forces behind slavery. The civil rights act did not eliminate the forces that were behind segregation and Jim Crow.

Zecarlo. You say a lot but contributes very little to a discussion. You fail to address any statements or points made.

Uprising was inaccurate in the context in which it was used. These subtleties in language are important. They have the power to totally transform the narrative. I am sure he can be a hypocrite. Never said he was infallible.

Its ridiculous to think the death of Freddie Gray had anything to do with racial oppression. In case you don’t remember that was incident which prompted the riots.

How can you say its “clearly not the case”.

Shapiro is extremely intelligent. Foolish to even try and question his intelligence. Again no saying he is infallible but he is undeniably intelligent. Maybe you disagree with his views but intelligent he is. His presence on college campuses is a vital one for his agenda. He obviously has certain conservative leanings which he would like to see the rest of country embrace. Naturally going to college campuses and speaking with the future leaders and doers of our country is pivotal in achieving that. He has debated multiple people who are also extremely intelligent. I actually can’t recall him ever refusing to debate someone.

Yeah and Berlin falling in 1945 didn’t eliminate the Nazi forces behind WW2 and the Holocaust. They are still plotting and manipulating in the shadows preparing for the fourth Reich.

Another great Shapiro quote from the same BLM panel:

“Explain to me why black kids aren’t graduating high school . Explain to me why black kids are shooting each other at significantly higher rates than whites are shooting each other. Explain to me why 13 percent of the population is responsible for 50 percent of the murder. Explain to me why the number of black kids in prison is so high. Explain to me, if it has nothing to do with culture, why the single-motherhood rate in the black community jumped from 20 percent to 70 percent in the same course of time that the civil rights movement has made such tremendous strides. Is America more racist now than it was in 1960? And if it is please explain to me how that happened.”

2 Likes

I didn’t say he isn’t smart but asking rhetorical questions, meaning he has already decided what the answers are, is not what intelligent people do. If he is as smart as people believe, and as he himself believes, then go and learn what the answers are.

He is looking at a complex problem, with a long history behind it, very simplistically. What is his educational background? What is his personal experience?

The Nazis are gone. But if you look at contemporary conspiracy theories, many contain references to the Rothschilds and the Jews.

Oh I was unaware that using rhetorical questions is something only unintelligent people do. Barrack Obama has used rhetorical questions during several of his speeches. Whats that say about him. Also in retrospect Shapiro’s questioning in the strictest sense probably were not meant to be rhetorical.

His educational background? Uhh he has a Law degree from Harvard.

“The Nazis are gone. But if you look at contemporary conspiracy theories, many contain references to the Rothschilds and the Jews.”

Really. Are you saying what I actually think you are saying haha.

Tell me Zecarlo you a fan of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion by any chance?

Garbage post… Poor logic, too.

1 Like