T Nation

White Man Can Jump

Whiteflash, post a video so we can compare.

Unless the little black guy in the video is only 3’ tall I would say no doubt it’s a 10ft rim.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I’m not hatin at all. I’m just sayin’ all things considered he doesn’t look like he’s up THAT high. I could be wrong though. This time last year I lost a dunk contest to a 5’9 kid [I’m 5’10] with an orangutang[sp?]wingspan. I started off with a 2hand cock back off of one foot planted [which he couldn’t come close to doing]and he responded with a 270 windmill [which I couldn’t come close to TRYING to do.]So I’m not sayin it ain’t possible, I’m just sayin…[/quote]

I’m pretty skeptical too…on some of those dunks his head is near the rim and his feet are almost on the ground!!! Pause the one where he does a cartwheel and then dunks and tell me that’s a 10’ rim. I remember watching Spud Webb dunk (at 5’7" which I guess is a little shorter) and thinking that he looked more like he was falling after throwing down.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Mack wrote:
http://www.filecabi.net/video/whiteycanjump.html

That was impressinve. I never saw anyone jump over someones head and make a basket. [/quote]

vince carter did it in a game once…

[quote]Mr2Geez wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
I’m not hatin at all. I’m just sayin’ all things considered he doesn’t look like he’s up THAT high. I could be wrong though. This time last year I lost a dunk contest to a 5’9 kid [I’m 5’10] with an orangutang[sp?]wingspan. I started off with a 2hand cock back off of one foot planted [which he couldn’t come close to doing]and he responded with a 270 windmill [which I couldn’t come close to TRYING to do.]So I’m not sayin it ain’t possible, I’m just sayin…

I’m pretty skeptical too…on some of those dunks his head is near the rim and his feet are almost on the ground!!! Pause the one where he does a cartwheel and then dunks and tell me that’s a 10’ rim. I remember watching Spud Webb dunk (at 5’7" which I guess is a little shorter) and thinking that he looked more like he was falling after throwing down.
[/quote]

the cartwheel dunk did look like it was on a 10ft ring but every other one did

some of the shots he didnt look that high but some he looked really high… maybe camera angles?
maybe hes a bit taller than 5 10?

either all the dunks other than the cartwheel dunk looked regulation

zeb etal

carters in game dunk jumping over a 7 footer… he pushes him down a bit but its still freaky…

its harder in a game too… especially using international rules where you cant take as many steps…

http://www.break.com/articles/cooldunk.html

I’d love too. If anybody in the Houston area has a camera and computer knoweledge pm me and we’ll try to set somethin up.

Look at the last video of the 5’ 10" guy. The guy is insanely high above the ground. Damn I wanna jump like that! Crazy.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/442114

He’s not 5’10", he’s 6’7".
I don’t know what that other link was, but it’s wrong.

Also, he’s from the same town as Nickelback. (Too bad for him).

The first guy is 6-7, the second video claims that the guy (euro guy) is like 5’10 or 11. That is what people are questioning.

Fact is, there are people at 5’10 or 5’11 and even shorter that can dunk.

No thats the first guy that was posted. He is 6’ 7". But the second guy is another guy. He is 5’ 10". Look at the vids and you will see that the second guy is clearly shorter. He flies.