White House to Delete FOIA Regulations

Thoughts?

Most transparent administration ever.

That didn’t take long. The supreme court just ruled that federal agencies do not need to notify the public before adopting new regulations or changing interpretations of those rules.

What world did I wake up in?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Most transparent administration ever. [/quote]

This was my thought as well.

Facebook retorts to this consist mostly of “but Bush”, which is just an admission that Obama and Bush are materially similar, therefore if you support Bam, you must also support 43.

End of the day, Hope and Change turned into More of the Same.

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:
That didn’t take long. The supreme court just ruled that federal agencies do not need to notify the public before adopting new regulations or changing interpretations of those rules.

[/quote]

That is exactly what the article did not say. Only interpretive rules do not require notice and comment period as per the SCOTUS decision.

Makes you wonder how deep the sewer goes with the shit they are hiding. I can’t believe I voted for this clown in 2008, I fell for hopey-changey like a sucker.

Cherry on top for the worst administration in modern history on government transparency issues. Fighting FOIA requests generally, stonewalling journalists, creating the worst relationship with the press corps since…ever (per the press corps), attacking and prosecuting whistleblowers…

Now this. Granted the Bush administration did the same, but that doesn’t make it better for Obama, it makes it worse, because it adds the sin of hypocrisy on top of the intrinsic wrongness of it all.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
What world did I wake up in?[/quote]

Same one I did. The royally fucked up one…

So much for being the most transparent ever. Try least.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I can’t believe I voted for this clown in 2008, I fell for hopey-changey like a sucker. [/quote]

Count me in on the “fell for it hook line and sinker” camp. You wouldn’t believe how excited I was to vote for this guy.

A lot has changed in my personal philosophy since then, and I was headed away from the democrat party I was raised to worship anyway, but I wouldn’t change voting for him for the world. Having him go back on every damn thing I was excited to vote for him (good or bad ideas from today’s perspective) for really expedited my desire to grow politically.

If it wasn’t for Bam, I’d be less uninformed than I am…

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Cherry on top for the worst administration in modern history on government transparency issues. Fighting FOIA requests generally, stonewalling journalists, creating the worst relationship with the press corps since…ever (per the press corps), attacking and prosecuting whistleblowers…

Now this. Granted the Bush administration did the same, but that doesn’t make it better for Obama, it makes it worse, because it adds the sin of hypocrisy on top of the intrinsic wrongness of it all.[/quote]

I’ll agree on this. Of course it doesn’t make it right… The Bush administration did a lot of the same, but I’m unaware and genuinely doubtful that they did it as thoroughly, as vehemently, or with as much gusto as Obama’s administration.

[quote]TBT4ver wrote:

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:

[/quote]

That is exactly what the article did not say. Only interpretive rules do not require notice and comment period as per the SCOTUS decision.[/quote]

Interpretive rules are just those not specifically noted in legislation. Congress does a horrible job of writing specific legislation and for the most part just passes law that grants authority to executive agencies.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

End of the day, Hope and Change turned into More of the Same. [/quote]

Except the Change is now needing 2 part time jobs to try to afford health insurance and be taxed because you still can’t.

Well people talk about disliking the last President who was a Republican (GWB) and people’s disdain for the current one who is a Democrat…so what are we going to do in 2016?

Elect either a Democrat or Republican that claims they are nothing like the person who held the office before them.

That makes a lot of sense to do over and over again for eternity. You guys in?