T Nation

White Fish & Greens: How Long & Any Nutritional Gaps?

I am currently eating white fish/shrimp, greens (broccoli, kale, collards, etc), and 2-3 servings of Mag-10 a day, plus a serving of Superfood with ACV, 3 Flameout capsules, Curcumin x 2, fermented cabbage/pickles. I started by tracking calories but it is virtually impossible to overeat for now if I stick to those food selections which saves me a little daily stress in counting cals for now and I feel good and am dropping fat.

I plan to add in small amounts of white rice/potato//sweet potato/fruit after 7-10 weeks.

I had a couple of questions. First, do I need to include some fat given that I am around 20% bodyfat right now (48 years old). I have the serving of Flameout and wondered if I need some whole egg or olive oil or a little avocado or is it fine to stay very low fat for 7-10 weeks given that my bodyfat is on the high side.

Second, my white fish choices now are skinless-orange roughy, cod, halibut, mahi-mahi. Are those all OK choices? They seem to be OK on the mercury levels.

Third, are there any other potential deficiencies on the food choices I listed above? Maybe vitamin A? I like beef liver and could add in a serving in place of fish 1-2 times a week and its got a similar macro breakdown, about 23 grams of protein for 6 grams of fat, so a little higher in fat but not bad. Also, is liver going to be more inflammatory like beef is?

2 Likes

Good question. It’ll be interesting to hear back from Coach. Especially with regards to strategies for fat intake, is it possible to just rotate in once in a while or is it more important to meet fat needs every day for supporting hormonal function. I mean, you could either have a high-fat day, or have an egg and 25g of avocados a day and still probably stay in a deficit.