Whiskey II

I was given a bottle of Jefferson’s bourbon for my birthday last week. It’s kinda light (no real bite or kick) and a little sweet, but still pretty good.

This same company also makes Jefferson’s Ocean, an “aged at sea” bourbon kinda like was discussed in the last thread. They age it like normal for 6-8 years or so, and then put the barrels on a container ship traveling to different ports along the equator for six months. The sloshing and changes in temperature and humidity are supposed to seriously change the finished product.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
Laphroaig[/quote]
Found these not too long ago (Esquire did a whole series with Cox just sitting, drinking, and pronouncing). Now I hear it in my head whenever I read the word.

Ha, ‘works like a depth charge.’

Best whiskey in the world award goes to…Japan!!!

That said, Four Roses Single Barrel is an absolute positive whiskey orgasm for me, and I believe it placed 4th or 5th.

Also, Balvenie 12 year single barrel and Tritical. Add Elijah Craig 12 year as a phenom for my taste buds and my cupboard is pretty well rounded out for now.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
Laphroaig[/quote]
Found these not too long ago (Esquire did a whole series with Cox just sitting, drinking, and pronouncing). Now I hear it in my head whenever I read the word.

Ha, ‘works like a depth charge.’[/quote]

Ha! Very cool. Thanks Chris.

Picked this Speyburn 10 highland single malt up today. Very light tasting compared to my Laphroaig and Bowmore. Smells and taste like apples with a nice long finish. It was a nice change of pace and I picked it up for under 30 USD ( 26 to be exact ) Too damn cold out to enjoy with a cigar but a damn fine whisky anyway. BTW the above video is how I learned to pronounce Laphroaig and other scotches.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
I was given a bottle of Jefferson’s bourbon for my birthday last week. It’s kinda light (no real bite or kick) and a little sweet, but still pretty good.

This same company also makes Jefferson’s Ocean, an “aged at sea” bourbon kinda like was discussed in the last thread. They age it like normal for 6-8 years or so, and then put the barrels on a container ship traveling to different ports along the equator for six months. The sloshing and changes in temperature and humidity are supposed to seriously change the finished product.[/quote]

Got about half a bottle of Jefferson left at the house. It’s OK. Not great, but definitely not bad. Next bottle’s gonna be Angels Envy. Heard nothing but good things. Honestly, and I might catch shit for this, but Jameson on the rocks with the ice slightly melted is still my whiskey of choice. Shit’s fresher’n baby’s breath.

Opened up a bottle of Knob Creek with the neighbor yesterday. Must say that I was very pleasantly surprised. Smells great, goes down smooth, bit of a kick back up. Flavor lingers for quite a bit and it felt nice and clean.

23 Nov 2014

Late yesterday afternoon received two bottles of twelve year old “The Macallan” from Internet Wines at the discounted price of $46 per bottle, which includes shipping. Just in time to enjoy with all the turkey and trimmings on Thanksgiving Day.

Sipping drams of this single malt is an exceptional compliment with both pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Someone once said “The Macallan” burns off all the bad calories before the pie hits the bottom of the stomach. I believe, I believe !!

Im just now getting into the game… but I really like Heaven Hill’s “Larceny.” Pretty cheap, always end up drinking more than planned. Great to share.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Whoops ^^. Not a bourbon, rather a true wheat whiskey.[/quote]

Push, have you had a chance to try Dry Fly Wheat Whiskey yet? It’s not aged 13 years or anything like that but excellent craftsmanship non the less.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Whoops ^^. Not a bourbon, rather a true wheat whiskey.[/quote]

Push, have you had a chance to try Dry Fly Wheat Whiskey yet? It’s not aged 13 years or anything like that but excellent craftsmanship non the less.[/quote]

Yes, I believe I have. Isn’t it a Washington whiskey?[/quote]

Yes, Spokane actually. Their distillery is about a five minute drive from my work. They’ve got cask Bourbon and Wheat Whiskey both of which I suspect you’d love. I’m not a fan of the Bourbon. It has a little too much flavor for my tastes. Their regular Wheat Whiskey is watered down to about 42%. It’s a bit of a breakfast whiskey but most batches have a hint of an anise note which i freaking love.

It’s expensive but at least Nards can’t get it cheaper than I can (I hope).

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I will toast my T Nation brothers here on the whiskey thread tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day with the Parker’s whiskey.[/quote]

Out-freaking-standing!

Probably the best bourbon I’ve ever had.

Cheers to me mates!
[/quote]
I’m pretty jealous, this whiskey is pretty hard to find!

Tried an Irish whiskey called Red Breast earlier this week at a friends recommendation. Easily the smoothest whiskey I’ve ever had. Gonna pick up a bottle later this week. Can’t recommend it enough.