T Nation

Whiskey Costs Money

Check out Martins Licis’ Arnold video at the end (starts at 47:25ish), he admits to his “fear” of failure at the competition.

Even at the highest levels, it’s there -it’s just a question of whether one wants to deal with it, whether one knows how to channel it, etc. Again, goal(s) and motivation are key.

Meet soon?

Just saw your rings video.

Deciding between a meet and gymnastic events in the Olympics?

Thanks @punnyguy
I watched quite a bit of the Arnold on YouTube…lol
I think I could have taken him on the Wheel of Pain :wink::rofl:
I appreciate your help.

Nah. Got too much real life going on right now.

3/7/19
Wu
Rings
ADyne
Chins

Squat
1x5/85
1x5/105
1x5/125
5x5/105

OHP
1x5/bar
1x5/45
1x5/50
1x5/55
1x1/60

Inverted rows on rings
More chins

I3/8/19
Wu meh

Trap bar
1x5/140
1x5/160
1x5/190
1x5/210
1x2/230
3x5/160

Seated front delt raise
5-6x10/10s

Sets of 3 chins sprinkled throughout
But did have a happy moment when I just grabbed the straps of rings and managed a few pullups! :rofl:
Ring push ups who’s idea was this??? @TriednTrue

At the start of winter I practically stole 4 a/c window units drom a couple that were moving. Gave one to my mom, and left the other three at her house until the weather warmed up.
Packed home today, ya know, cause the road washed out during the flood.

So I am counting that as training…lol
1x3/ 5,000 btus for 75-100 yards. Not sure of exact distance. Made all 3 trips without stopping or resting.

3/11/19
Wu
BPAs
Rings

BP
1x5/bar
1x5/55
1x5/65
1x5/70
5x5/60 really slow with a pause

BB Rows in rack
1x10/60
1x10/70
1x10/75
3x10/70

Rack Pulls
1x5/105
1x5/155
1x5/175
1x3/225
1x2/245 no more!

Intro and Questions: German Volume Training for Beginners

A genius’s, I’m sure :yum:

That’s not what my shoulders called you :rofl:

Just pissy this morning.
Woke up and stepped into about 1/2 inch of water in my kitchen, raining cats and dogs! Water just pouring in. The wind ended up ripping off more shingles! And that’s not the best part. It tore off a whole section of roof off my mom’s shed! And it metal roofing that I have to go retrive from my neighbor’s yard when I get home. Thank you! Thank you very much Mr Windstorm, I needed extra work! Lmao!
But, seriously grateful that’s all the damage that was done. :pray:

That sucks.

I was annoyed that we got more water than usual in our basement on Sunday but don’t really worry much about it. Windstorms though, can be dangerous and expensive. I work for a roofing company so every time we get high wind gusts it’s stressful.

No wonder you Texans are so tough.

3/15/19
Wu meh

Trap bar
1x5/140
1x5/160
5x5/190

Some chins, BPAs etc

Sometimes you just had to be persistent.
Four trips to hardware store, three salespeople, and a 45 min conversation :roll_eyes: With the guy that actually orders the pipe, who talks as slow as anybody I have ever known… and presto! They have 2inch OD structural in 24 ft joints!

After much texting, some pics, and a couple of phone calls my buddy (formerly known as MethHead) picked it up for me and had them cut into 8 ft sections to make it more manageable. They charged me for three cuts instead of two so I guess they use the “new math” there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Anyway… he wanted to help me even though he has NO clue about lifting anything over 12oz.

We decided we could just use rebar for the collars since there are plenty of scraps laying around the shop.

We cut the pipe, got the rings made and he asked me if I wanted to weld them or if I wanted him to do it. Since he has more experience at welding I said okay, you do it. I want it to come out decent.
Well… let’s just say I will be making a trip hardware store for grinding disks tomorrow :smirk:
All and all they came out great! Just ugly
:frowning:
It was a joint effort and I am thankful to have a friend that puts up with my crazy ass! But! I am tackling the farmer carry handles on my own🤣

I have no clue how much they weigh. But the fit was almost perfect. My spring clips fit VERY tight.

Good weekend! Got the roof back in our yard, put a new tramp on Jed’s trampoline, got my 7ft axle and two 16 inch adjustable dumbbell handles. Yay!
And ended the day by watching the fire burn and cooking chicken blue cheese sausagea on stick and roasting marshmallows :grin:

3/18/19
Wu couple mins AD

Axle DL … :rofl:
WuT 160lbs of plates sets of 5, no back off sets for volume
OHP Several sets of 5
Facepulls
Barbell steps up
Ring push ups
Ring inverted rows

Left knee/calve feels better today. Left trap still achy.

I like the way the rebar looks as plate stops. I just did a couple of steel nubbins on either side. I wasn’t up to welding a steel ring like that.

We brainstormed what to use and the rebar won. Between us both we may the equivalent to half a brain…lol
I am happy with how they came out. Just need to clean them up and a splash on some paint.

Bugger, I’m sorry to hear that! When I first started doing them, my shoulders needed a couple weeks of low reps sets to strengthen stabilizer muscles.

Good job on the bar! Welding the rebar on was a great idea. For knurling, grip tape may get the job done.