Warm up
BPAs
Facepulls

OHP just shoot me!
1x5/40
1x5/45
1x5/50
5x5/40

Incline BP more bullets please! In the head!
1x5/45
1x5/50
1x5/55
5x5/45

Pull thrus
Chest supported rows

Yeah this sucked, but I DID do it.

3 Likes

12/5/19
Warm up
Packed cat food, propane tank (30) and hamster bedding tobthe house

DL
1x5/135
1x5/155
1x8/175

Circuit
DL 1x5/135
DB Bench 1x10/20s
Lat pulls 1x10/100
Made 2.5 curcuits. Hudley the weeney dog went on a walk about, Jed freaked out because he couldn’t find him. 10 mins later… Fearless Hudley just wanted to go to the creek and see the water.
Came back picked up where I left off
For a total of 5 circuits.

Lying leg raise off bench
5x10

Good stuff today! Everything moved great!

2 Likes

12/7/19

Warm up
3rd world squat
Jumps

Squat
1x3/105
1x3/115
1x5/130
3x8/105

Dips
3x5/w band

BO BB Rows
5x10/85

RDL
5x10/85 What was I thinking?

Push ups to finish out the 50 reps for dips. Enough to sets to get the job done but foam rolled hamstrings between sets.

Best set so far this time! I thought I maybhave to recalculate my TM on this but I think it will be okay :grin:

My right hammie is very angry about the RDLs.

6 Likes

Those squats looked very solid.

This made me laugh :smiley:

1 Like

U1/9/19
Warm up
Facepulls
BPAs

BP
1x10/bar
1x5/55 oops supposed to be 3
1x3/65
1x5/72.5
3x8/55 paused

DB BP
1x 18, 20, 16/20s

SEated cable row
5x10+/ 100

BSS
5x10/20

Rack Pulls
4x5/185

Had to leave early this morning and so this when I got back home. Evening is not my favorite time to train.

Trying to get close on the weight percentage this time. So I hung the little plates on.

4 Likes

1/11/19

Warm up
BPAs
Facepulls
Dislocates

OHP
1x5/bar
1x5/45
1x5/50
1x5/55 used some umhp to get the last two reps up
5x5/45

Incline BP total disaster don’t ask
1x5/bar
1x5/45
1x5/50
1x3/55
5x5/45

Inverted Rows
3x10

Haven’t felt great the last couple of days. kinda feels like I am having a flare up. Just not sure what would have brought it on this time. Anyway I am going to down some L carnitine and gluatmine and hope it goes away !

The OHP kills my back. I can’t seem to keep from hyperextending my back on these. Grrrr! I have got to learn to stay tight while doing these.

1/12/19
Warm up
Uh… yeah

DL sumo
1x5/125
1x3/145
1x3/165
1x7/185
3x8,7,8/145 the seven was where the belt just feels weird and had to stop. Ditched belt for last set

Lat pulls
5x10/110

BP WG long pause
5x8/55

Feel much better today! Just didn’t want to get carried away and screw it up. May hit some ad wheel and BPAs throught out the day.

One of the things I wanted to do for the new year was to learn how to use my belt. I loosened it a notch and tried with the back off sets. Thinking that I need to break it in or it break me in. Still no. I am going to have to find a chart of whatever muscles are right under the belt and work on them if possible. It puts more of a strain on something there.

1 Like

Belts can be tricky. I had to get a thinner, single prong belt to ever be able to use it for dead lifts, and I can only use it for deadlift movements no way for squats. I have a small amount of space for the bottom of my ribs/top of my pelvis area for a belt to fit in. I’d tried a big thick double prong one, a lever belt…all felt wrong due to my proportions. The right size one worked very quickly once I found it! You’ll get it!

I’m sure you know this already too, but in case you didn’t, for me the que of getting ready for a sucker punch/ someone to deck you in the guts helps me use the belt. I end up farting or even tinkling a bit more then a few times but it works!

Same here… not enough real estate. Puff suggested a tapered belt. I will see if Can find one for a reasonable price.

I will try keep the cues in mind. I usually like the day after pulling because my abs are tight. Closest I 'll ever get to seeing them…lol

ALSO! I can’t recommend a warmer belt enough. A reband one, its not cheap (80 bucks?) but they work for everything. Not a ton of support but especially for over head stuff it makes my back feel very safe!

This is my dead lfit belt–which works great!

Thanks brute! I will definitely put that on my list!
I looked at a tapered belt the last time I went to Fburg (only one store has anything) and they were all large and bigger.
I definitely need one of those first ones for the OHP.

1 Like

Y1/14/19
Warm up
Facepulls
BPAs
Dislocates
Rings
3rd world hold
Band bad girls
Band good girls

BP tried to remember to pause on all some were longer than others lol
1x10/bar
1x5/60
1x3/67.5
1x5/75
5x5/60

Rows
5x10/85

Lateral lunges
3x10/BW ea

One foot elevated glute bridge
2x10/ BW ea

Still need to throw in push ups

Left shoulder is definitely feeling better.

Went grocery shopping yesterday and when and I turned to push the basket, which was basically empty, something in my right pec lit up like somebody stuck a hot fireplace poker in it. It is still there this morning but now only feels like a burning stick…lmao
Didn’t hurt benching so who knows. Not bruised but sore to the touch. It’s going to have to get over it! I used this as an excuse to pass on the dios this morning. They don’t go well on a good day :grimacing:

I need help with planning the assistance stuff. I am reall good about hitting the main lift but am terrible about choosing the assistance exercises. If anybody has ideas I’m all ears.

1 Like

I am a big fan of this channel! He has tons of good videos and lots on various accessories, and for me how to trick yourself into doing them! He’s from tnation too!

I can’t spell his last name but he’s Alpha on tnation!

1 Like

I have watched many of his videos. Looked at his Darkhorse program and decided I was not man enough to handle the supersets.
I use his trick for putting the bands around the bench to keep from slipping.

2 Likes

I try to use his supersets idea on the push pull and legs/abs, but sometimes it, along with the idea of “go before you’re ready” just gasses me too much.

1 Like

Wendler 531 ,I think is a solid program with guidance but plenty of room for the exercises you like. I’ve been following since 2011, it gives plenty of room to be an individual.
It programs your main lifts and gives a plan for assistance.
Main lift
Supplemental
Accessory lifts.
I’d buy the last book,if you only get one.

1 Like

I am running a jacked up version of 531 crossed with 531 hardgainer. Sorta
I’ll just have to keep tweaking it a bit.
If he ever puts on Amazon I might spring for.

Hopefully it clears up quickly. I periodically get random pains for no particular reason.

Thanks ! I understand the random pains…lol

1/16/19
Wrm up
Band stuff

Squat
1x10/bar
1x5/115
1x3/125
1x0/137.5 clipped the wall with the bar on the way up. Right glute and hammie was not happy about it! Reracked
1x1.5/137.5 first was decent ass was not going to let the second one happen.

BP
1x10/bar
5x8/60 short pause
Glute finally started to let up by the time I finished

DB Rows
3x10/35 ish

A lot of stretching and crap throughout to try to loosen the glute

May just try the whole thing again tomorrow.

One of my favorite peeps is in the hospital and I have to go pull hospital duty today. There was talk that his wife may want me to bring him home. Which may entail carrying him. But if that’s what she wants I will do it!
May get arrested… may not! Might be an interesting day!

3 Likes