T Nation

Whiskey Costs Money

CL, I’ve made 4 stones. 3 with balls and plaster of Paris and cement. One with an actual mold someone I know had purchased. It’s not too difficult. Just have to take your time. If you decide to make one let me know and I’ll tell you exactly how I made them.

What size balls did you use?

CL, I looked at the slater stone mold size for diameter and weights then and tried to estimate ball size. I have approximately a 14’’, 2 16’’and an 18’’. One of the 16’’ stones I put a small ball in the center to make it lighter.
These are some of the estimated size and weights.
10’’ 42 lbs
12’’ 72
14’’ 116

Okay. That’s what I was thinking. It should be pretty close.

Are you going to carry the stones or try and lift them on to something like strongman comps? If to carry wouldn’t some plain stones be easier?

I would like at least one to load on a platform like a strongman comp. and I want a husafel stone, to carry anything else is just learher bucket seats…lol

7/13/18
Yeah, yeah, I been doing some stuff. Figured out I can probably load a fairly decent sized stone if I was able to whip a 10,000 btu a/c over the top of the microwave and thru the hall. And that bid ass tv up on the shelf in mom’s house.
I have inspired myself! Anyway…

Squat
1x5/105 because apparently math is not my strong suit.
1x5/115
1x5/125
1x5/135
1x3/145
3x1/155 due to my inability to do addition the last one was iffy. I was supposed to start at 115 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

DB Rows
3x10/40ish

Tri ext
3x10/15s

Lying leg raise
3x10

That’s all she wrote!

Absolutely!!! You totally could load a stone if you can do an ac unit! That’s FULL ON strongman skilss in real life use for sure!!

7/14/18
DL sumo
1x5/135
1x5/165
1x5/185
2x2/205
Added belt 0x2/205 the belt is not my friend
3x5/175
1x5/165
1x5/145

Pendlay row just for shits and giggles
3x1/125 well there was some cheatingbon this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well those are pretty small washing machines. I think you could have beaten both of them!

I’ve never worn a belt when deadlifting. Felt it got more in the way than helped.

Add on. Thought of you today. Helped a friend with some work about a mouth ago. He stopped by today and brought me a bottle of Jameson’s Irish Whiskey. I thought, well whiskey don’t always cost money.

It did cost money, just not yours😉

7/19/18
Took the day off to take Jed to go see my “favorite” critters! … Uh maybe not! But I lived thru it! Barely. He (the snake guy) was mortified when I told him I had a %100 kill ratio :astonished:

Read through a bit of your workout journal and gathered that you’ve had your heart broken. Keep your head up man, wudbuyuawhiskey/10. Now let’s go lift some iron shall we?

Thanks! Heart broken? Nah. I no longer have one of those. The last person I trusted finished off THE last piece. There are no more pieces, no more embers, nothing.
But! We shall get back to the iron.

No worries, the iron never lies, it’s trustworthy and will always be there for you. Looking forward to seeing you destroy some PR’s in the gym.

Red touching black is a friend of Jack, Red touching yellow can kill a fellow.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. - Henry Rollins

I knew it was from a quote somewhere, lol.