The Game is Afoot (CL)

1 Like

I love the title of the log and I second this one. I’m also a big whiskey drinker but save it for the weekends during which time, it turns out that, for a relatively small person, I can put back quite a bit in a short period of time.

I can’t afford the really good stuff and stick to Dewar’s or Crown.

2 Likes

I’ve had many bad dreams about this. You have my sympathy. Hopefully, over time, everything will sort out and it will be an improvement.

Thank you.

My wife is starting to loose some teeth also… side effect from when she had chemo. Destroyed them from the inside and they are slowly breaking apart and shes having a very hard emotional time with it.

I’m sorry to her that. But, damn proud of her for beating the cancer! I ain’t gonna lie, it’s extremely emotional. Several of mine were fractured, and they have hurt off and on for years. We live in a society that wants perfection. With veneerrs and implants everyone thinks teeth should look perfect. Just a sign of the times.

I haven’t wanted to say anything on here because I felt ashamed. I have to remind myself that this is a prosthetic just like any other. You wouldn’t make fun of a person with a prosthetic leg or arm. This is no different. My original parts failed, so we replaced them with new ones. It is the same with your wife. It is not her fault and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

I have been angry, sad, happy, and everything in between. It sucks right now, but I know we’ll get it right next time. Or I am going to kill somebody :smiling_imp:

The dentist and I have had our differences because I am a difficult patient. Bless her heart, she has helped me more than words can say. Yes, I have anxiety/ panic attacks, she now knows what that means. She knows when I have had enough, to the point we can joke about it now. I am sure your wife is a much person than I am. So,if I can make it through this, she can without a doubt!

5 Likes

I’m with you there. I haven’t gone through what you’re going through but I’d rather repeat natural childbirth than my root canal. When I got a crown I was zooed on ativan. I recommend it.

I’m truly sorry to hear everything you’ve been going through. Just know that you can, and probably should, lean on your friends here as well as out in the real world as much as you can. Sometimes venting online can be a little more therapeutic and even a little more honest than ranting to someone face to face. Just sayin’, we got your back, CL.

3 Likes

Oh hell yes on the natural childbirth! People have told me she should be able to give me something, but she hasn’t offered and I haven’t asked.

1 Like

Thank you Chris. I really appreciate y’all putting up with me, and yes it does help to just be able to say it. Everyone here has helped so much, and I am grateful to have met such an awesome bunch of people!

3 Likes

Maybe what we need is a 30 day challenge to get reignited and have break from the crap?!!!
I’m thinking October, nice and simple, 25 BW squats and 25 push ups a day

IMG_0560

This is one of the best articles, ever, ever, on this site:

I was pulling my hair out (what’s left of it) due to ongoing patellar tendonitis, and this protocol helped save me. I do the BW squats using a hip circle to make sure my knees track properly.

edit to add: hip circle is the product sold by Mark Bell, works great, but any band placed above the knees (the wider the band the better) will do

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a look at it.

9/25/17
Wu= BW stuff

BP
10x5/ various weight

DB row
3x10

Facepulls
3x10

3 Likes

9/27/17
Wu bw squats/ acting like an idiot

Trying to come up with a number for a 1 rm

Bar
Jumped to 125 made 3/4 of the way down right foot slipped (raining, shoe wet)
Tried again, but had lost my zone.
Going to call it 120 pretty sure that will work.
Not totally disgusted given the circumstances.
Just going vent a minute. I know this doesn’t seem relevant but these teeth are all wonky. They are crooked and ill fitting. When I clench my jaw, it jams them into the top of my mouth. Ugh! I figured out I can eat, without them, Grrr! Tried to lift without them, but the few bottom ones end up cutting my gums on top.
Going to see if I can find a mouth guard.

And this fricking headache!

Friday will pull to see where I stand there.

3 Likes

Hey hey I want no “phantom” squat injuries prior to the start of our challenge…which by the way starts Sunday !

Don’t you need to be working on that 420 deadlift or something?

Yes Maam

1 Like

Okay. This is just not working. I’m sorry, this can’t be right. She is going to have to figure something out. My head is about to explode and my mouth feels like I brushed my teeth with windex, bengay, and a steel brush. Weird, numb, metallic. Ugh!

I’ll be back when I get this shit sorted out.