The Game is Afoot (CL)

4/9/18
Warm up

Squat
1x5/105
1x5/115
1x6 or 7/125
3x10//105 was supposed to be a widowmaker set but just didn’t have it in me this morning. Beer for dinner is okay if you don’t plan in squatting the next day.

BP
1x5/55
1x5/65
1x7/75
3x10/65

Drug my ass all the way thru this. My heart just wasn’t in it. Too much going on right now. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Real friends are hard to find. My bff has been with me thru it all. It is tearing me up that they can’t help him. He has always been there for me. Damn it! Now there is nothing I cam do to help him. :sob:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dad and friend, that’s a lot of stress, no wonder you can’t focus on your workout.
Being a palliative nurse, and also going through the palliative process with my own father, I understand the stress you might be going through. It is hard to make a decision, especially when you feel pressured/rushed. If you have any questions, just let me know.
Please remember to try and take care of yourself in someway during this difficult time!

1 Like

bulldog%20hug

Sorry about your dad… lost mine 5 years ago from cancer,

1 Like

Thank you.

Thanks bulldog.

Not much I can say but I will light candles for them both.

1 Like

So… the lady that called yesterday said that a social worker would who call me today to dicuss a facility for my dad. Well, a lady called from the local nursing home and informed they were going to transfer him to this facility. Wait! What? Uh… did NObody hear my request to not bring him here? I was told yesterday that they would send out applications to the surrounding facilities and then we could choose the one we thought would be best. Well that didn’t happen.

Then the social worker finally calls a few hours later and by now I am not in a reasonable mood. She has one of those soft voices and is trying to speak in calming tones which only escalated my anger! They have already made “the deal” to bring him against my wishes, but they can change it. Ummm… okay. Nevermind. Of course they are mor going pay for it because my dad has a nin service related condition. Ummmm… nevermind again!

So, finally the first lady calls me back and they say he will be transported at 5pm. Okay. I go up and signed a stack up papers that I have no real idea what they said because I didn’t have time to read damn book. I am trying to get my job done!
Finish up and go back to the nursing home to wait for my dad. I am talking with the nurses and trying to figure out what all needs to be done. Two and half hours later his sister calls me and tells me he is still in San Antonio!!! I call him and sure if he hasn’t even left his room. They have changed it and will tranport him tomorrow.
The nurses are waiting on him to get here. I go back and ask them if anyone has called them and told them hebwas not coming? Nope! So, I tell them he’s not coming till tomorrow. Ugh! Total cluster fuck!

And amidst all this my friends sister is texting because she’s scared death because her brother is dying. And… one of my peeps found a stray dog on their porch and wants to know if I know where it belongs. Nope! She finally figured out the dog supposedly belongs to one of my neighbors. After they return she is texting me because she is not sure the sog has a good home. No shit lady!

My anxiety is in overdrive which I fueled with a couple of large cups of truckstop coffee, with cream and extra sugar. Now, I am in full on hyper mode which would make a meth head seem mild in comparison. Stupid thyroid!

1 Like

Thank you Harry. I believe my dad will get better when he gets here and calms down. I am afraid my friend’s condition is too far advanced. They were going to try to stop his testosterone production but now think it might be too late. It’s in his bone marrow and he is not making emough blood.

1 Like

Havent checked up in here in a bit, and im sorry to hear about all the bad things that have been happening. I hope you get a lot of good luck come your way chicken

And Keep up the good lifting!

Your “circus” routine reads similar to mine during my late wife’s last month with cancer. I eventually chalked it up to a learning experience that just made me stronger. You will too, in time.

Thanks Duke.

1 Like

Thanks Biker. We know his time is limited, but good grief! The left hand don’t know what the right hand is doing.

Hang in there CL. I’ll say a prayer for you, your dad and your BFF.

Keep your head clear. It will help your father.

Thank you!

Thanks Crippler! I’m trying.

4/10/18
Warm up. Eww… I actually warmed up

OHP
1x10/bar btn
1x5/45
1x5/50
1x5/55 half way between strict and a push press
5x5/45

F. Raises
Lat Raise
RD Raise
Thanks to @ouroboro_s for suggesting the rings, they have fixed my left arm!

Skull crushers
Curls

2 Likes

Oh man! My hear goesoutto you and all the f$cking STRESS!!!

Thanks brute. I know this will pass, but sometimes it helps just to write out.

I’m glad they’re working out for you.

I’m also very sorry for your situation with your father. It must be very stressful and frightening.

1 Like