The Game is Afoot (CL)

There are a few variables at play, so my plan is to keep working like I’m going to get to do the meet in March. If not, I’ll try the next one. If it’s meant to be it will pan out.

1 Like

Have you ever competed before?

No. It will be my first meet. I have wanted to lift since I was in high school and back then the girls weren’t allowed to. Then later on, when I wanted to again, my husband threw a fit because “he didn’t want to sleep next a man”. So… I am a little late to the party, but better late than never!

2 Likes

2/26/18
Warm up

Squat
1x5/85
1x5/105
1x5/115
1x3/125
1x3/135
1x1/145
Threw the belt on and pulled up the knee sleeves.
1x5/125
1x3/135
1x3/145

F squat
5x5/95

Trap bar
3x10/140

Found a wide rack recently tried it out this morning. Not crazy about it. Pretty willy

Not sure about the depth on these. I haven’t really used the belt much so I am giving myself the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Looking good! Oo a meet, good for you.

Long time no see!

Waaay too long.

1 Like

2/27/18
Warm up

BP
1x10/ bar
1x5/55
1x5/65
1x5/70
1x5/75 all of the above were paused
1x5/80
1x3/85 :grin:
5x5/75

DB BP
4x10/20s

BO BB row
3x10/60

BPAs
Facepulls

Incline was not going to happen today. Might have to put it on a separate day till I get it figured out.

1 Like

A rep PR on DL, a solid day squatting and BP triple @85…I’d say the training is on point ! Congrats kid!

1 Like

Nice.

1 Like

Thanks OG! Imma trying!

Nice job.

Sorry about your husband and the sleeping next to a man.

Fortunately mine doesn’t think the same way.

Thanks!
Ah! He was an asshole! Nobody to blame but myself. Lesson learned.
Does your husband compete too?

Looking strong Chickenlittle. My wife just started lifting a couple days ago. Some guys are just weird about women being physical. I’m encouraging it.

My wife doesn’t compete or lift. She just teaches people how to use sticks and knives.

1 Like

Thanks! Good to hear your wife is lifting, and that you are encouraging her. Together y’all will be able to move boulders!

Sounds like my kind of person. I wish I were closer, maybe she could teach me. I have a “thing” for knives/ swords. I would love to learn to make them.

1 Like

2/28/18
BW and band stuff

Incline BP
many/ bar
Some more with 45
3x5/55

Just trying to get the hang of these. They really suck so I probably need to do them.

1 Like

Yes he does. That’s how we met. It certainly makes things nice because we spend a lot of time training together. Plus, neither of us feels hard done by thinking the other is spending too much time away on a hobby.

1 Like

3/1/18
Warm up

Just worked on squats again today. Just not happy with them. The 135 are pretty decent. Above that, not so much. So…many sets and reps at various weight.
Muuuussssttttt… keeeeppp… going…

2 Likes