The Game is Afoot (CL)

How old are you? We seem to have similar issues with aches and pains. When I bench my elbows sound like rice crispies and I’m pretty sure I have rotator cuff problems on my left side. Sometimes just reaching up and down something catches and leaves me breathless.

1 Like
  1. When I OHP the sound effects are amazing… lol
1 Like

U2/2/18
Warm up

Squat
1x10/bar
1x5/55
1x5/85
1x5/105
1x5/115
1x3/125
1x3/135
5x5/85

BP
1x10/bar
5x5/55 paused

Facepulls
BPAs
Skull crushers

Been busy the last few days and food and sleep have just not been adquate. Going to take the weekend off and see how it feels next week. Might just have to deload and get the food issue straightened out. We’ll see. Maybe work on conditioning some.
Was hoping to keep this going thru Feb. because landscape season is right around the corner and I know I will have to cut back when things start getting crazy. But! There are already 80 degree days in the forecast. :smirk:

1 Like

2/3/18
Warm up/ stretches
Waiter carries light
Suitcase carries light

And of course I had to try the @ouroboro_s challenge…lol I did manage to snag the paper a couple of times, but mostly fails.

2/5/18
Warm up

Squat
1x10/bar
1x5/85
1x5/105
1x5/115
1x3/125
1x2/135
1x1/145
3x3/115

BP
Just worked on form

Pick up the assistance later.

Okay. Ribs and sweet potatoes in the oven.
Assistance done
Facepulls
BO Rows
BPAs
Dips

2 Likes

2/6/18
Warm up

DL sumo
1x5/125
1x5/145
1x5/175
1x3/195
3x3/175

That is alll. Weird lil storm blew up, so I called it.

2 Likes

2/7/18
It’s cold and wet and generally shitty out there today. Made the executive decision to take an extra rest day.

1 Like

That’s very often a good idea.

1 Like

Your Dl is looking adequate.

OMG! You’re back! Thank you!

2/8/18
Warm up very little

Squat
1x5/bar
1x5/85
1x5/105
1x3/115
1x2/125
1x2/135
1x2/140
3x2/125

Bul Spl squat

I have never done box squats so I practiced those this morning to a bench.
Went relatively well. Almost all the articles say these help your squat. Can’t hurt to try right?

Teach me to make executive decisions. It was really cold this morning! Then I ran out of propane for my heater, all the while blowing snot from a self inflicted allgery attack. I told y’all those Mr Clean smelling knee sleeves were a bad thing :rofl:

Anyway, the squats were mucho good this morning.

I am definitely going to have remodel my 'gym" this summer. I have had just about enough of this cold crap.

1 Like

Do you work out in your garage?

Harry, I’m so country I don’t have a garage. I workout in a tin and plastic shed that I had originally built as a green house.

1 Like

I spend a good deal of my childhood in the bayous of New Iberia, La, I knows me some country.

1 Like

That must be hot af in the summer.

1 Like

Oh yes! That’s one of the reasons I try to get my training done in the mornings. That and everybody is a sleep. The cold mornings won’t last much longer here. Just have to tough it out.
The frame and tin are recycled materials, and I have some big ass glass doors I want to put up for the front wall.
It’s like everything else in my life… a work in progress…lol

2/9/18
Day two of the allergy attack from hell!

Warm up

BP
1x5/55
1x5/65
5x5/70

Facepulls
BPAs

This went better than I expected. Very happy. The rings I ordered should be at the post office. Yay!

2 Likes

2/10/18
Warm up

DL sumo
1x5/125
1x5/145
1x5/165
1x2/175
1x2/185
5x3/165

Landmine row with rope

TBar farmer carries
4x120/120 5 reps at the end

And of course I played with my new toys!
I am basically a fairly strong two tear old.

Inverted rows
Dips
Neg pull ups
Hanging legs raises
Push ups
Ya know, just to try them out. No counting reps just playing. Oh boy! I like them already!

By the time played with the rings and pulled, my grip in my left hand was gone for the carries. It was warm this morning and by the time I carried everything out for the carries the cold front hit and the temp started dropping. Should have done 6 carries but I called it at 4.

All in all very fun seasion!

2 Likes

They’re pretty sweet right?

Yes! Thank you!