T Nation

Whiplash1 Training Log

4 Likes

My eyes went immediately to the gravy in the pyrex measuring glass. I love gravy so, so much. That looks like an outstanding meal

1 Like

Yeah it was an awesome meal including the gravy. I love gravy too and have been known to drink it haha

1 Like

Sunday training:
5 rounds of
10 push-ups 10 air squats and 5 pull-ups

2 rounds of
Dumbbell clean and press x 5/side
Human drags

As much as I love bodybuilding, this is the type of training that is just easier and more entertaining to get in to at the moment. I need quick and effective workouts, focusing on general strength and conditioning. I believe that function (for me) should come first anyways. I don’t have the time or mental engagement right now to do much bodybuilding aside from filler workouts based around arm and shoulder exercises

2 Likes

Had a good solid week at the new job, and today was running a post hole auger at home for a couple hours…forearms and traps are pumped from that lol. Was doing some grease the groove type stuff with chin-ups this week as well. Diet has been so-so quality wise, but under eating big time. Only having 2 real meals a day most days this week. Gonna have me some oatmeal and a workout…will post later

3 Likes

First time I ran one it screwed it all the way into the ground. 4ft auger. Fun times man, fun times.

2 Likes

I haven’t used an auger for post hole digging, but I’ve almost lost my manual ice auger many, many times while ice fishing. Had to reach in up the my shoulder a few times and fish it back out haha

2 Likes

That sounds fun haha

Still training I swear! Just busy! And online for other things…

Did a bruh workout this morning…several rounds of biceps and triceps followed by a few sets of flys. Nothin much but more than nothing. Planning on getting in a bunch of push-ups and whatnot tonight.

2 Likes

The ultimate bro workout! Hope you were wearing a flat bill and baggy clothes

1 Like

The hilarious thing is…I WAS!

1 Like

Alright so my push-up based workout was :

15 reps x 10 rounds in between rounds I did another exercise and swapped every two - three rounds

Chin-ups x 3x5
Squats x 3x10
Ohp x 2x5
Sit-ups x 2x12

Finished with an unbroken set of 50 reps on side raises.

2 Likes

Night time workout
10 push-ups
10 kb swing
10 squats
X 10 rounds

Finish with 50 sit-ups and 5 min stretching

3 Likes

Saturday workout

10 burpees
21 thrusters
5 burpees
15 thrusters
5 burpees
9 thrusters
10 burpees

50 kb swing
25 pull-ups

2 rounds of curls superset with side raise

Done while the little man was napping and the wife was getting her nails done. The workout was good…and basically I am reaching back to my CrossFit days again. CrossFit type workouts are the best I can manage right now with life being life…and unfortunately I have been coasting essentially…my overall fitness is not where I want it to be so I gonna bring it back. I want to get back to CrossFit type training, cause being fit and lethal so to speak is my major goal. I need workouts like this to help me mentally too. And throwing in a little sprinkle of pump stuff at the end does work well for me…it’s what I did before and to be honest, my best physique was back then. And I didn’t know diet stuff like I do now. Anyways…onto the rest of the day

3 Likes

Sunday :
Went swimming with the fam…not exactly a workout, but not nothin either

3 Likes

Quick workout here before work

100 push-ups
100 kb swings

Did it in about ten minutes, even with being interrupted by my son for a few min. I think if he hadn’t it would have been wrapped up in the 5-7 min range somewhere.

Hope everyone has a great day, my how I wish it was Saturday…

1 Like

Chest press x 3 sets
Flys x 3 sets
Rows x 3 sets
Lat pull down x 3 sets

@T3hPwnisher inspired conditioning

10-1 barbell thrusters 95lbs with
1-10 kb swing 45lbs

Finished with :
Barbell row superset with high pull x 2 sets explosive

So I did some fluff stuff at the beginning to get myself started, and I guess to get some extra upper body volume. Then I hit a pwn inspired conditioning piece which was surprisingly hard, in a good way. Then a couple sets of heavier back/upper back work because a strong powerful back is always a good thing. It was definitely a good and needed session

3 Likes

I just started doing flys the past few weeks and I have to say that I’m upset I hadn’t done them earlier. They’re super light weight but they get brutal with the stretch and getting close to failure.

I’m just not sure how well they’ll contribute to my overall goal… have you noticed if flys have made a substantial impact on you?

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’d say they made a substantial difference, but they are a good movement to do and they have made some difference for sure. I mean, bringing your arm across your body is a function of the chest and it’s a good thing to be having along side your pressing. That stretch too has a lot of benefits. Sometimes I will do flys using my resistance band, hung on my chin-up bar, and progressively try to stretch deeper and deeper, which is great for mobility and growth. The trick I find personally with getting your chest to grow is stretching the crap out of it along with pressing variations. I have said for many years that dips are one of my favourite chest movements…deep stretch but also fairly heavy. You can go much heavier on them than you ever will with a fly, and they help get you strong too. But flys in general are great…do them at various angles, get a big stretch and good volume. Hope that all helps

1 Like

Sums it up. It seems so simple, but it’s an absolute burner. Good stuff dude!

1 Like