Whiplash : Getting Jacked to be the Scary Dad

So the wife and I are doing a virtual yoga class this morning…never done yoga before so hopefully I don’t die lol

1 Like

So here’s the review…It honestly felt really good, and I liked the ebb and flow of it. Started off not too bad, then got pretty difficult (couldn’t hold all the poses, had to modify etc) and then it gradually got easy and we cooled down. I’m amazed at how good my back, hips and hamstrings feel from it. It was so good that we are actually thinking of having “yoga sundays” as a family. I imagine that it would help the whole lifting thing too.

2 Likes

Took yesterday off of work cause the wife needed me, so I spent the day playing with the kiddo. My “workout” was playing at the park with him and running around the block. Working today instead, normally don’t work on Saturday, but planning on getting shit done quick so I can get home early. Want to hit some burpees among other things tonight as well, and then yoga tomorrow morning. Had some really long work days this week so I didn’t do a lot of regular training this week. But I didn’t do nothing either…I did also do triceps yesterday too while making lunch for me and the kiddo.

3 Likes

So on another note…as funny as it may sound, I’m starting my new diet tomorrow. The general idea is high fat, moderate to high protein, and very low carb. I have spent a good amount of time doing keto and carnivore in the past and it worked good for me. It’s time to get back to it. No interest in counting calories. Back when I was into super strict keto, I did track percentages and macros, but I won’t be doing that. I know I will get plenty of quality nutrition, protein and fuel.

3 Likes

The last few days of being on my diet has been good. Plenty of tasty food, and good nutrition period. Feeling better already. Aside from that, I haven’t been super active on here. My wife and I are going through some major changes in our life and it’s both good and draining at the same time. I’m online a lot right now, but in regards to my personal life. The future looks good, but also scary at the same time. It’s hard to explain without going into tons of detail and so on. Anyways I am staying active and working out when I can…burpees are good answer right now with where my life is at @ChongLordUno

Not trying to be dramatic or anything either…just telling it like it is

3 Likes

Burpees set you free my man

1 Like

I landed a job interview for tomorrow evening that would be really nice step up for me and my family. Still construction, but a job that offers benefits, company vehicle and much more. It would also get me out of sub-contracting which I really want to get out of. I hope this works out.

4 Likes

Quick upper body pump

3 sets tricep extension
3 sets curls
3 sets side raise
3 sets bandy twisty things

Rdl x 30 reps (I know I know…not upper body)

Just wanted to do something quick mainly cause the wife was on a phone call, the kiddo was watching moana and I was kinda bored cause I have watched moana like…1000 times lol

5 Likes

Opportunity is opportunity!

For a good while I was banging out 20 Push-ups at a time between commercial breaks because that’s what I had to work with.

It was pretty fun.

2 Likes

I think it was Herschel Walker (not 100% sure) who said he would do push-ups, sit-ups or whatever during commercials. Tons of reps too. It does work for sure. I will usually throw stuff in while I am cooking cause my doorway pull-up bar is right there, and I can also hang resistance bands on it to do a bunch of stuff. And I have a couple dumbbells in the one corner of my dining room. Extra work is extra work.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll start watching tv so I can get jacked :joy:

2 Likes

Gotta do what ya gotta do man lol. :grinning:

1 Like

I levelled up my career this week. And it’s only Tuesday. It will even be easier to train now among other things.

2 Likes

Why is this in your journal :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I have no idea…but I figured I would reply anyways lol

1 Like

Haha well congrats on your level up!

I posted that in my journal and it magically appeared here :joy: glad i could update you with my thoughts lol

1 Like

Thanks man

One way or another I would be reading it haha

1 Like

That made me laugh :joy: just think of it as a premium subscription to my journal. I’ll update you personally here 24 hours in advance

2 Likes

That’s exciting…I can’t wait for my personal updates! Now I feel privileged, thanks :joy:

1 Like

Getting started with my new job on Tuesday. This is thanksgiving weekend for us Canadians so no work on Monday. Had our dinner Friday night partly to celebrate my old job ending and my new one starting. Maybe I will put up a picture too but I got to say, my wife knocked it out of the park. By far the best turkey I have ever had.

Saturday training :
All I did was many rounds of pull-ups and atlas push-ups. Maybe 10 rounds? I lost count.

I kinda had forgotten about atlas push-ups…the extra stretch really does make a difference and my chest is sore today.

Planning on getting in some good leg training in today

3 Likes