Which Workout Should I Do?

Ok im lifting since 2010, i was doing bro splits, then SL, SS, 531, daily undulating periodization, sheiko…

My big lifts 1rm:

Squat: 97,5kg
Bench: 70kg
Deadlift: 112,5kg

I want to get stronger and build muscle, im 170cm and 63,5kg bodyweigth and 27yo.

I had in mind return to SL5x5 or 531… Also HCT-12 or doughepburn but im not sure what to do.

If you can recommend some good way, thanks you.

How much progress have you made in your half decade of training? What were your starting lifts?

I’d go 5/3/1, personally.

All of these programs will make you bigger and stronger if you follow them with consistency and intensity, both inside and outside the gym.

For reference, over a year ago your stats were:
"63kg (139lbs) and bodyfat 10%

My 1RM:

bench 60kg (132lbs)
ohp 40kg (88lbs)
squat 70kg (154lbs)
dead 100kg (220lbs)"

So that’s basically zero bodyweight gain, 10kg on bench, 27kg on squat, and 12kg on deads. In 13 months time.

A) That means your eating is terrible and inconsistent. Not enough quality protein, carbs, fat, or calories. B) while your squat did jump up a bit, the rest of your lifts dribbled along at a super-slow rate.

I never heard of HCT-12 (just Googled it, but never heard of it before). I suggest you do the 5/3/1 Boring But Big challenge. You said you were going to do it last year, but I don’t know what happened. All I know is that you got a little bit stronger while weighing the same now as you did a very long time ago. That’s entirely due to a very poor nutrition plan and a kinda-poor training plan.

Read this article where Wendler lays everything out:

Follow it exactly as it says. Don’t modify it, don’t try to improve it, just do it from start to finish. 4 workouts a week for 12 weeks in a row. Weigh yourself once or twice a week. If that number isn’t going up each time, improve your diet (with more calories).

Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day, plus a protein-carb shake when you lift, plus between-meal snacks if you feel like it (but do not get “too full” to have your main meals). Focus on animal protein in each meal but don’t try to cut back on carbs, healthy fats, or calories. Use this, plus the nutrition discussed in the 5/3/1 article, as a guide to setup your eating:

Wow thanks, really appreciate your investigation, yes i was constantly changing workouts and bad nutrition…

so after 12 weeks of BBB should i recycle and start a new cycle? Could i attacht to BBB longer than 12 weeks?

[quote]mcwito wrote:
so after 12 weeks of BBB should i recycle and start a new cycle?[/quote]
Focus on getting through the full 12 weeks without missing a workout and without missing a meal, and then check back with a progress report to figure out the next step.

Ok thanks dude, appreciate your effort :smiley:

Now hard train and big meals

Or just give up. 5 years, almost every proven program known to the fitness world done and these are your results?

Don’t you have better things to do with your time? Something that will actually give you some minor returns without any effort required?

Like watching cat videos on youtube?

Here’s a really funny one for your entertainment.

If you, however, got 30secs of amusement but realised you really gained nothing out of it and feel stupid and empty for wasting your time like this, do realise it’s the same way you should be feeling after every lacklustre workout you’ve done because you’ve achieved just as much in the gym as you have in the the last 30secs watching a cat dancing to Thriller.

Then it’s time to start putting in some real effort.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Or just give up. 5 years, almost every proven program known to the fitness world done and these are your results?

Don’t you have better things to do with your time? Something that will actually give you some minor returns without any effort required?

If you, however, got 30secs of amusement but realised you really gained nothing out of it and feel stupid and empty for wasting your time like this, do realise it’s the same way you should be feeling after every lacklustre workout you’ve done because you’ve achieved just as much in the gym as you have in the the last 30secs watching a cat dancing to Thriller.

Then it’s time to start putting in some real effort.[/quote]

Dude, did someone hide your scratchpost today?

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Then it’s time to start putting in some real effort.[/quote]

Dude, did someone hide your scratchpost today?
[/quote]

Worse! That imbecilic dipshit(though eminently handsome) dt79 forgot to order my usual brand of canned food and bought me some bargain brand swill from the store! I’ve been scratching the floor beside the plate for the past half hour but somehow the shit’s not getting buried!!!

Hisssss