Which Weight Vest is Better?

V-Max
http://weightvest.com/mensvests.html
Probably the 75 pound one.

X-Vest
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xvest-Strength-Training-Weighted-Exercise-Vest-84lbs_
W0QQitemZ250156568131QQihZ015QQcategoryZ28067QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

While searching the archives I found these two brands mentioned the most. The V-Max has more durable materials, though I doubt I would be able to beat up the X-vest that much. The X-vest seems like it may be more ergonomic/comfortable. What are your thoughts?

I’ve got a 50 lb V-max short vest and I love it. I had a crappy wal-martish full length vest before that, and the freedom of movement is worth the higher price (for me at least.)

Never worn an X-vest so I can’t comment there.

I have an X vest.
It is an excellent choice.

i got the x vest and its awesome, it has great variety in weights all the way up to 80lbs.

xvest!!!

xvest all the way the 84 pound one have had it a year

Alright. I bought the 84 pound Xvest last night on ebay (new). It came to 259.change, which I think is a good price. This is my birthday gift to myself, and I think it’s hilarious that I’m so excited to get it. I haven’t been this excited for something in quite some time.

Please post back what type of routine you (and others) are doing with their vests. Happy Birthday.

[quote]john2009 wrote:
Please post back what type of routine you (and others) are doing with their vests. Happy Birthday.[/quote]

I saw a dude doing lat pulldowns and curls with one the other day…

Not a routine, but I enjoy doing chin ups with a weight vest. I’ve used up to a 40# vest, and didn’t even realize they had ones going up to 80#. That’s really awesome. Are you guys completely satisfied with the X-Vest? How is the fit especially around the neck?

Thanks!

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
john2009 wrote:
Please post back what type of routine you (and others) are doing with their vests. Happy Birthday.

I saw a dude doing lat pulldowns and curls with one the other day…[/quote]

Oh. My. Various. Gods.

i usually do cardio and plyo’s with mine…i have an x-vest, it fits great, you can add or subtract weight easily. mind you i only have the 40 lb vest but that is sufficient for my needs. and its great for chin ups and pullups and box jumps.

i havent tried any other vest but i havent had any problems with the x vest

[quote]Aeon Infinitus wrote:
Not a routine, but I enjoy doing chin ups with a weight vest. I’ve used up to a 40# vest, and didn’t even realize they had ones going up to 80#. That’s really awesome. Are you guys completely satisfied with the X-Vest? How is the fit especially around the neck?[/quote]

thats what i liked about it right out of the box i fit it per insturtions the one thing i have found is you lose chest area movement when all the 84lbs in ex…pushups. i did buy for hills and stairs at that lbs the control i have is just Amazing.

Anyone thought about using a bike (not stationary!) while wearing a weight vest?