T Nation

Which Way to Go

I am 6'4" 280 pounds ~20%BF down from 305lbs ~35%BF 6 months ago.

I have been doing CT's Destroying Fat program found here:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/destroying_fat_war_room_strategies_to_maximize_fat_loss

for 7 weeks now and I am starting to feel shitty all the time. I have brain fog a lot and I am constantly sore and hungry despite filling up on meat and vegetables with fat. I feel like I am losing muscle mass at this point. I eat about 100-150 grams of carbs a day mostly in the morning and post workout the rest coming from green veges.

My long term goals are to get to about 10%BF and add about 10 pounds of muscle. I am not an athlete or powerlifter.

Do I just need to eat more or is it time to change programs?

How many calories are you consuming in a day?

I would say do more cardio than you are doing and just keep working hard in the gym and also keep eating quality foods. Don't bullshit around with desserts and snack foods. Make all your meals count and the fat will eventually go.

About 2500-3000 a day according to my log book and it breaks down to 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs.

Try flipping fat and protein. Or even 50/35/15 f/p/c. If you're feeling foggy, your calories are not providing you with enough energy...time to get more from fats.